Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in San Antonio - need to lose 250lbs!

Hello!

My name is Amy and I am 33 years old. I moved to SA from Oregon in September of 2008. I am happily married with a 4 year old (5 this month:eek:) boy. As I stated in the title, I have 250 MORE pounds to lose. I started at a highest weight of 464 and now weigh about 430. I have lost about 14 lbs since my surgery date on August 26th. I have been studying lap band for a couple of years now but it's a whole different story once you are banded! I also have fibromyalgia which is going to be a challenge for me when it comes to exercise. I think this buddy program is great and hope one day I can be a mentor when I have reached goal!

Hi Amy you will do it. and i am all for the buddy thing to i need all the help i can get to . I was banded July 21 -08 so far i have done pretty good but now i feel the hunger coming on lol. When i went for my 6wks fill he would not do one because i had lost 30lbs since surgery. But i have a feeling that's not going to be the case when i go back Oct15th. Guess i will see if i get a fill Good Luck Dottie

Hi Amy!

I am Jenean, I am a mother to A 4 year old girl and a 7 year old boy. I was banded 6/30/08 and I am struggling, struggling, struggling! I hope we can be friends and motivate each other!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't responded, my computer went down and my in house (DH) IT tech had to build me a new one. :-)

Dottie - I am very happy that I have a doctor that is aggressive with fills. He asked me if I wanted one on my 2 week checkup and I got a 2cc fill. My 4 week checkup is next Tuesday and he will do another if I need one. I am struggling with getting hungry soon. I am fine and don't eat too much at a meal, but then am hungry about 2-3 hours later.

Jenean - Have you had a fill yet? What kinds of stuff are you eating? I thought it would be a little easier to choose but since I haven't been cleared for veggies, basically mushies, I feel I eat WAY too many carbs. Which probably leads to the early hunger. Hopefully I can go to real food Tuesday!

Gina!!! Where in SA are you? Where were you banded? I had my surgery at the new Foundation Bariatric Hospital on Huebner. It was very nice! How are you doing so far? Have you had a fill?

Thank you for all the responses! I hope we can help motivate each other and all of us make it to goal!

God Bless!

Amy

I was banded at the Nix, downtown, by Dr. Carcamo. I live in NW San Antonio, off Huebner. I was doing good until this week. I have been so discouraged that the scales have not been moving for the last couple of weeks. I go for my first fill on Monday. What about you?

Hi Gina,

I got my first fill on my 2 week follow up (2 weeks ago). I am starting to get hungry more often. I seem to do fine with not eating too much at a meal, but I get hungry within a few hours. I am also struggling with not drinking after the meal. I can make it throught the meal without drinking but it's hard afterward. I have my 4 week appt. on Tuesday and I should be able to get another fill then. I am frustrated also so I completely understand. I am impatient and want to be perfectly restricted NOW!!! :embaressed_smile: I also am still restricted on what I can eat and I am getting bored. I haven't got on the scale since my 2 week appt. I don't want to get too depressed if I haven't lost.

There aren't any foods that I can't eat. Somedays I go 5hrs after a meal before getting hungry, and other days, I'm hungery every 2-3 hrs.

I should be able to go to all foods on Tuesday since I will be 4 weeks post op. I seem to get hungrier when I am at work. I haven't eaten today yet and I am fine. Go figure! Like I said, I am impatient and want to be on the losing side now and not wait for healing. :embaressed_smile: