Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being banded 12/9/08

Well its the final countdown to starting my banded life, and I guess and hope what I'm gonna write next is normal.....the nerves have kicked in and the self doubt, I am now wondering that if I go through all this is it going to work? or like everything else ive tried am I going to fail?? The milk diet has started to make me feel crap and I cant see how im going to function at work this week, I dont have any energy at all!!

Please help!! reassure me!! lol

Hi there,

The nerves and doubts are perfectly normal. You are about to take a really big step towards changing your life and any change can be stressful. But, it is worth it. Your weight loss journey will transform your life in so many ways. Stay focussed on that and try to remain positive.

The band will prompt you to make changes to your lifestyle and eating habits. It will not do it by itself. I'm sure you know that.

This is a great week for you. Go for it!

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I just want to done now, and I hit 30 next year so Ive got alot to look forward too and showing off some of my weight loss to people that I don't see very often, and Ive got a 3 week holiday to strut my stuff at!!

hi

I hope goes well for you, of that I have no doubt.

Welcome to your new start.

I haven't looked back, although I do remember I had serious doubt's, traveling to Belgium, seeing the consultant the same day for the first time and being operated on the very next morning. Waking up and thinging, oh god what have I done.

Then a week passes and everything settles down.

Then 2 weeks pass and the weight has dropped enough to think 'interesting'

Then 1 month passes and your on a role, weight dropping off and finding the band easy to deal with as long as I remember to eat slowing, never forget that, thinking about chewing at least 15/20 times, putting my spoon down and having a break. Your stomach talks to you.

Then 2 months pass and stones have fallen off, new clothes are needed, old ones disposed off instead of putting to the back of the wardrobe as I am never going there again.

I have never felt so good, the last time I weighed this little I was 20, Im now 43 and thinking why oh why did I not do anything about it earlier, deep down I was so unhappy.

So in short go for it. Yes there are doubts but the goal is endless.

Good luck.

Well its the final countdown to starting my banded life, and I guess and hope what I'm gonna write next is normal.....the nerves have kicked in and the self doubt, I am now wondering that if I go through all this is it going to work? or like everything else ive tried am I going to fail?? The milk diet has started to make me feel crap and I cant see how im going to function at work this week, I dont have any energy at all!!

Please help!! reassure me!! lol

Edited by keving

hi kerri

It didnt fell like 5 mins ago we was chating in chat room and you was only thinking of being banded. how time flys by.

good luck for the 12th sept you'll be fine I bet you'll be on here within a couple of days letting us all know how you got on ect..............

good luck again :redface:

Ann xx

I have emailed you too

Thanks so much, the last 14 weeks since I booked it have flown, the milk diet is taking its toll on me and I think thats why the doubt has set in, i just want friday to be here now, then the hunger pangs will be gone, alothough replaced by op ones,lol

GOOD LUCK KERRI!!!!

I am sure everything will go fine on friday. Look forward to reading all about it and following your weight loss journey. Thats great you have things arranged for next year already, it will give you something to work towards!!

Lots of luck and very best wishes

Georgina xx