Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Went to the dr. today. He won't let me have any of my fill back. He said I need to be on all Protein.

Does anyone know what kidney stones feel like? I am in pain and my UA said I have crystals in my urine. That comes from too much protein in the diet, according to what I read online. I guess I need to stick with veggies if I can't have that much protein?

WOW! RSG has friends bringing muffins; Thinner has bf with B&J; and tonight DH thought he would surprise me by buying all the fruit and nuts needed for making Christmas cakes ... in he brought BAGS (several pounds each) of brazil nuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, candied cherries, walnuts, dates (I LOVE dates),mixed peel and candied ginger. Bless him! I KNOW he was trying to help, but I had planned to scale back the baking (I mean, other than DH and my brother, does anyone EAT dark fruit cake??), but with all the fixin's I just HAVE to bake, or else I will be munching. Can you hear them? Listen closely and you can hear all the nuts...eat me, e a t me, EAT ME!!!

All these well meaning people are getting in the way of us trying to break bad habits. they think they are being helpful bringing us stuff we like to eat. It stinks being a food addict!

I am patiently waiting for my Peanut Butter chocolate shake mix. I am sticking myself back on the liquid diet to get rid of cravings. I checked and I ordered it 11-13. It's coming ground from NY to Oregon-across the country.

Hurry up and get here.

By the way, this stuff is delicious and shipping is 4.95 no matter how much stuff you order from Netrition.com

It definitely satisfies my chocolate cravings. I wonder if you could freeze it. Then wouldn't it taste like ice cream?

(evil grin!)

Hi guys I picked up the nut habit ...I'm going to hide these things tomorrow always tomorrow...

Still off Cookies and the scale is my pal its not going down but its not up so I take that as a win ...holding steady at 158...

Oh no, Smith! Not the nut habit....no no no!! They can be as bad as cookies....trust me on this!!!

I guess making many christmas cakes is on the agenda for the next week or so...but sadly you cannot donate homemade food (even Xmas cakes) to the shelters here, so DH will be eating cake for many months to come...

Edited by tapshoes

I think ice cream is EVIL,lol. I sit in the den and I hear it from the freezer calling my name. I just had to stop buying it or I could eat myself sick with it. It is just so easy to eat and you feel like you dont have a band for a little while. Sort of a rebellion thing I think.

Naw, I don't think it's a rebellion thing with me. It just tastes so wonderful! But...if I get it out of my system, I will have to stop remembering how good it tastes. It's definitely the first thing I think of when I am depressed or stressed out.

My Peanut Butter choc. shake mix came today. I am happy about that. I really think I will try to freeze it and see what happens. It's 120 calories so even if I had 6 of them in a day, it would be under 1,000 calories. I have to lose this 10 lbs I gained because I want to wear all the pants that are uncomfortable on me now!

Yay Denise! I'm so glad your shakes got there. Let me know if they are good frozen cause ice cream has been calling me big time. I've avoided it some days but others have been horrible. The other thing that has me in it's grips now is pumpkin scones from Whole Foods and zucchini walnut muffins from Starbucks. Hoping hubby gets out of the hospital today so I won't have to face Starbucks all the time. There's one right in the hospital lobby and I have to walk by it every day. Well, I don't walk by it or it wouldn't be a problem. LOL

I have managed to lose a few lbs so that is even more incentive to not eat the evil sweets. Haven't tried freezing the shakes. It will be awesome if that works because they are only 120 calories and 3 carbs. I will make one up before bed and stick in the freezer and report back.

Yay hubby is home!!!!!

Boo healthy eating begins in the AM.

Yay, Ezma! Hubby is home! And (dare I say it) YAY, healthy eating is back!!!

Yep, you can say it. I really do want to get back on track again. I'm very fortunate to have a super supportive family. It will help a lot having him here.

Sounds like you guys have been doing really well with your craving for the most part. Keep it going. I want on the "kickin' our cravings" train.

Instead of kicking cravings, I humbly/sheepishly submit my back end for you all to boot...I have done NOTHING but eat today. EAT EAT and EAT. And even though I am here, and know I should not venture near the kitchen, I probably will.....someone explain to me why I could be good for many months, then have a few periodic bad episodes (but short lived ones), and now recently, it's like I want to undo every thing good I have done????

Dang it all - I am just so - i don't know what it is, but I just want to eat. Not nibble, not have a taste, not snack on something I have been missing, but GORGE on EVERYTHING...

I think I hijacked the thread....sorry.