Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

No, the "egg" is not my port. My port is a few inches below my sterum (spelling??). I can even feel the little hose that is connected to the port about 4 inches down. Is that strange or what?? This is something different but it doesn't seem life threatening.

JWRN - I hope and pray you don't lose your band. I didn't know being in ICU made the risk of infection greater. Good luck to you.

Ambraberger - I started soft foods on day 4. Just go slow, you'll be ok

d

Edited by Niecey

Did anyone start any light exercises already (besides prescribed 'walking 3 miles a day')? I forgot to ask my doctor in a 1-week post surgery check-up and could not recall what he had said about it before.

I feel like playing a bit of ping-pong, tennis, or even jogging, but have no idea when it is advisable to start. Is 12 days after surgery too early?

Best wishes to us all,

-am

Did anyone start any light exercises already (besides prescribed 'walking 3 miles a day')? I forgot to ask my doctor in a 1-week post surgery check-up and could not recall what he had said about it before.

I feel like playing a bit of ping-pong, tennis, or even jogging, but have no idea when it is advisable to start. Is 12 days after surgery too early?

Best wishes to us all,

-am

My doctor said nothing but walking until after 4 weeks. They said that is when I will be released for regular exercise.

An update on me : they put me on zyvox which has to be the worst tasting stuff that I have ever tasted. Since my doc doesn't want me to take pills it has to be a liquid. Hopefully I will be out of here soon. I really didn't want everyone knowing that I had surgery but everytime I go in the hall or down for tests I run into someone I know.

I think that as long as you are going what your surgeon's office said to do, you are ok. I know one of the books that I read about WLS, their post op diet started soft foods on day 7. I think especially since you were feeling so bad, that they just moved you up a litte.
I hope so.
Ambraberger - I started soft foods on day 4. Just go slow, you'll be ok

d

Good to know someone else started early. Thanks!

Best wishes to us all,

-am

I was told walking for 4 weeks, then on to whatever, I'll ask again today at my post op appointment.
An update on me : they put me on zyvox which has to be the worst tasting stuff that I have ever tasted. Since my doc doesn't want me to take pills it has to be a liquid. Hopefully I will be out of here soon. I really didn't want everyone knowing that I had surgery but everytime I go in the hall or down for tests I run into someone I know.
Hang in there! I'm sure everyone just cares about ya!! Chin up!! Maybe that nasty medicine will save your band!!! Fingers crossed and prayers being sent!!! Keep us posted! :thumbup::):girl_hug::tt2:

I have been cleared for low impact exercises, no weights. So I'm working on a gazelle. Day 3 and no pains, no problems, more energy. No weight loss though :redface:

teri

Hi Everybody! Hope you're all feeling even a little bit better then yesterday! I actually feel quite a bit better then I did yesterday.

I had my 1 week post op appt, and asked again about exercise. The dr said not to do anything weight bearing for 4 weeks due to the stitches inside. Don't want to "pull" anything. Made sense to me.

JWRN~Hope you're on the mend. Any improvement with the new antibiotic? Hope so!!

Happy healing/recovering to everyone!! Hugs! Ambra:smile:

Great job! I am loosing about 1 lb a day! I think it has something to do with being so sick after surgery. My port site looks good. It gets a little irritated if I wear a textured shirt. I went and worked out yesterday and I feel good. 3 more weeks of mushies...Yeah!

Hi everyone!!!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! I was banded Sept 30 and it has been going really well! I am down 35 pounds (including my weight loss pre-surgery) I am in blenderized food now and I am starting to feel hungry.....that concerns me a tad! I am determined to do this, so I wont give into it! My computer crashed right after my surgery so I havent been online lately and it was driving me crazy! So I would love to hear how everyone is doing! Take care and I hope the weight is melting off of you all!

Chris : )

Hi - Just checking in also. Haven't been on LBT since a day or 2 after surgery. I feel great, have lost 19 lbs. (and 1 pants size :eek:) and am eating a lot of different foods now as long as they are soft. I did already find that I can't eat macaroni. My soft food list included mac & cheese as long as it was soupy, but Oh My! the Pain! :w00t: It just did not want to go through. I remembered reading somewhere here on the forum that pineapple juice would help, so drank some and it did seem to. I didn't PB but I'm not about to try macaroni again for a good long time. Haven't tried bread yet.

I work for a medical center, so have access to the cardio/pulmonary exercise area and my doctor's program required me to be up working out on the 10th day. I walk on the treadmill, use the crosstrainer and ride the bicycle. Not allowed to do anything that will pull on the band yet. I'm being monitored that I exercise at least 3-4 times per week.

I did find that eating slowly though my food gets cold and unappealing so I dug out an old candle warmer I had in a drawer and it works great to put a bowl on. I can eat about a cup of food at a time and am still amazed that I'm really full on such a small amount of food. My son is seriously considering getting his own lapband but he can't yet wrap his mind around such small bits of food. He has always, from the time he was an infant, had an enormous appetite. I really hope he does decide to join me because he needs the band more than I did.

Sorry this is so long but I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well. Simon

Great job! I am loosing about 1 lb a day! I think it has something to do with being so sick after surgery. My port site looks good. It gets a little irritated if I wear a textured shirt. I went and worked out yesterday and I feel good. 3 more weeks of mushies...Yeah!

So glad to see a post from you. Have been wondering how you are since you were so sick afterwards. That's great you're still losing. I have been at a standstill since I started eating soft stuff. Frustrating cuz I don't eat near the amount of food I used to, but its just another stage to get through. Patience. Are you back to work?

Hi I haven't checked in for a while but in 6 weeks I have lost 22lb

Everything going well!!!!

22lb! Awesome! What are you eating?

My wtloss has stalled, and I'm frustrated.