Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I'm feeling almost normal now after surgery. Only now my back is bugging me a bit sore.

I am glad that you are feeling better. I am feeling pretty normal myself. I still have shoulder gas discomfort. I can get up from any sitting position without pain, but cannot get up from laying on my back or side in the bed (go figure). I guess we will continue to make these baby steps until one day, we can't even remember what the time after surgery felt like (I hope anyway).

Funny...the last 2 days I have been hungry too. I woke up today to find the scale was up 1.5 pounds. OMG!

i can't wait to go to my dr. this thursday fro my 2 week post-op appt.

Steph

I am still in the hospital after returning to the e r Thursday night. Looks like I might have had a reaction to the band, I have been running a temp and having nausea and vomiting.I will be here until at least Monday . Keep me in your prayers.

I am still in the hospital after returning to the e r Thursday night. Looks like I might have had a reaction to the band, I have been running a temp and having nausea and vomiting.I will be here until at least Monday . Keep me in your prayers.

I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble. I hope that they are able to figure it out, and get you all better. Keep us posted on what is going on. I will say a prayer for you.

Hope you're feeling better today JWRN and they find out the problem. I'm doing better every day. Still have pain on my port side and found out yesterday that I have to take it easy for another couple of days. Tried to do too much and ended up having to take pain meds again and rest. I guess it's just a learning curve. Had some thin cream of wheat this morning with no problems but 4 oz of instant Breakfast a while ago isn't sitting well with me. I would think the Cereal would be harder to get through the band. God bless all of you. Simon

Anyone else having back pain? OMG! It is killing me. What gives?

I've noticed I can't sit in one spot for too long like I could before because muy back hurts. I guess it's still part of healing.

My back hurts when I walk. I thought I was the only one who was having back pain. I have arthritis, so I just chalked it up to that.

Oh no! I just read of that happening to another person here. :smile2: I will say a prayer for you. hang in there. :crying:

I can really feel my port popping out. Hope it's gonna go down. Anyone else have trouble bending over on that side? It feels like my ports up in my ribs! :crying: Reminds me of when I was pregnant & they'd stick a foot up there lol!

I can really feel my port popping out. Hope it's gonna go down. Anyone else have trouble bending over on that side? It feels like my ports up in my ribs! :crying: Reminds me of when I was pregnant & they'd stick a foot up there lol!

That is exactly what that feels like! I don't know what it is going to be like once I lose some weight, if I can already feel it.:smile2:

me too exactly .. as far as back pain , try a heating pad .. does wonders with some tylenol , for me it was lower back .. i am wondering if it may be monthly weight gain ? im thinkin its about that time 4 me

I hope they are keeping you comfortable and taking good care of you. You're in my prayers! Hang in there! :rolleyes:

Hope you're feeling better today JWRN and they find out the problem. I'm doing better every day. Still have pain on my port side and found out yesterday that I have to take it easy for another couple of days. Tried to do too much and ended up having to take pain meds again and rest. I guess it's just a learning curve. Had some thin cream of wheat this morning with no problems but 4 oz of instant breakfast a while ago isn't sitting well with me. I would think the cereal would be harder to get through the band. God bless all of you. Simon

Don't rush it Simon. We have to take this 1 step at a time. It's frustrating. But don't want to screw it up. Hang in there buddy! I'm ancy laying around, but when I try to do anything, feel like crap. I always overdo it.

I can really feel my port popping out. Hope it's gonna go down. Anyone else have trouble bending over on that side? It feels like my ports up in my ribs! :smile2: Reminds me of when I was pregnant & they'd stick a foot up there lol!

I'm anxious to go to the dr and find out if what I'm feeling is the port, hiatal hernia repair or the band that I feel. hurts when I stand up straight, on the left side, under my ribs. any ideas?

I'm glad we have each other to compare "notes" with. Take care everyone! Ambra:girl_hug::crying::girl_hug:

Ambraberger,

I don't know what that left side thing is but let me know if you find out. Every since my surgery (9/16) I've noticed a little lump or something about the size of an egg. It almost feels like a muscle or something. When I'm laying down it's right on the lower ribcage but when I stand up it falls right below the ribs. It's just sore and yesterday I must have slept on it or something because my ribs on the left side were really sore when I woke of yesterday. I don't know if it's the same thing or not.

Niecey