Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks everyone. So all of my pre-op stuff went well and I got my date today. I'm pretty excited now. Aug 11 is my surgery date.

That is great I go for my second pre-op:ohmy: on Thursday. the 7th. Right now back on the 2 week diet and hating my tv for putting up olive garden comercials:drool:

That seems to be preference of taste and what you can afford whte. I started with Atkins advantage then switched to the bullits, they have more Protein and cost wise going on amount of protein I get I found them cheaper online

I have to add this though I was really good about taking my protein for a long time, I have long hair and was pretty vein about it. I did however start getting lazy awhile back plus its an extra 180 calories a day for 42 grams of protein and my dr wants me to aim for 700 calories ughhhh to which of course I'm not doing so well at, thing is my hair did start falling out big time I'm back to being extremely tired, even my blood pressures kinda low. So I gotta force myself to take mine now, and yes I skipped last night. I split mine half in the morning half at night to make sure of absorption.

I doubt this helped other than to stress how important protein is to us, I'm only 6 months out, I also read that a deficiency slows down weight loss grrrrrrr if your interested I can give you the link where I get mine, otherwise you can get them at GNC they just cost more than online for some reason.

I prefer Syntha 6 for taste. However I normally just drink the EAS low carb drinks. They are low calories and high in Protein. However, Dr. Kaplan made me switch to the Protein Bars since the drinks just pass through our band and he wants us to get all of our protein from food and not liquids.< /p>

which Protein Bar plz how much Protein and how many sugars, oh and of course how many calories, I've looked at a lot of them thinking I might go that route but I my dr wants me to stay under 10 sugars at any meal and thats where I seem to run into trouble with the bars :wink2:

I eat the EAS Myoplex Lite bars. The total calories are 190, Sugar 11g, Protein 15g. I only eat 1/2 of it.

so your only getting like 7.5 grams of Protein from the bar? How many grams are you getting from other things like in one days time?

If I watch really carefully I can do 700 calories 73 grams of protein. I didn't have to worry so much in the beginning I was allowed more calories. Weight loss slows down according to most people about where I'm at. So of course he recommended cutting back on my calories.

I think I will always have problems with evening snack cravings grrrr dh n I used to watch tv and totally veg out. Now its the hardest time for me. Old habits die hard.

Oh love the new hair cut by the way, you look awesome!!:wink2:

I could not do the liquid Proteins. Good thing about the powders is that you can mix it into your food like the puddings and mashed potatoes and potato Soup. Mom did that for me because I couldnt drink the drinks and I didnt even notice. I mixed it into my pudding and people at school even tried it and could not taste a difference. I got mine from GNC, its not cheap but its not bad. The powder I got was about $50 but it was a big tub of it. Now I do adkins Protein bars for some meals. They have 10g Protein 160 calories and 3 net carbs in just 1 bar. Thats not bad at all. I eat 1 for either breakfast(when I can actually eat breakfast) or 1 for lunch and it actually holds me over for a couple hours. Good luck next week. Go to GNC and just try out a couple of their proteins. They have the biggest selection. And no, protein is NOT cheap

Elizabeth has your dr said anything about how many calories you should be eating now? I know they are all differant I just like comparing. Doing the 700 my dr suggested using the bullet means I have 520 calories to eat for the whole day as foods. It works it just gets really old mostly because he so doesn't want me eating anything he considers a slider food, which is like everything I like LOL

Our doctor would consider the bullets a "slider food" We are to have 1200 calories a day. He does not want us to have liquid meals except for in the first couple weeks and 24 hours after a fill

Thanks Saundra!!! Your looking great! How much have you lost?

On a normal day...I eat:

2 scrambled eggs: 12 g Protein

1 cup of cottage cheese: 28 g protein

1/2 protein bar: 7.5 g protein & fish, chicken or tuna with it for a little more protein.

So around 60 g protein each day.

Im a creature of habit...so I usually eat the same things for Breakfast and lunch every day...I only change up my dinner.< /p>

you eat just cottage cheese for lunch? YUCK!! LOL, I have to be craving cottage cheese to eat it and thats not very often. you sick-o . JUST KIDDING :wink2:

lol I like cottage cheese with pepper on it!! :wink2:

ughhhh maybe I need to learn to eat cottage cheese yikes I so have never liked it but I need the Protein, I've lost a little over 70 with 30-40 to go depending on who you ask lol. I'm very much a creature of habit as well

1/2 bullet 22grams prtein

1/2 cup Fiber one

1/8 cup of organice 1 % milk

2 turkey weenies 40 cals each 3 grams carbs each

dinner is usually 4 ounces of chicken or 4 ounces low fat hamburger on the foreman or more turkey weenies

other half

if I stick to this its 73 grams give or take 1 gram or 2 of protein and under 700 ..... I'm cool with this until tv time then I want pop corn, breakfast bars, and of course all the things I dare not let myself think about

biggest problem I've found is where I forget the protein a lot, usually the evening 1/2 I'm tired now and the desire to exercise suffers of course.

I know I'm an all or nothing personality, I could never cut back on smoking or anything I always had to go cold turkey so it looks like I'm gonna have to break out a can of whoop ask on myself and cut me off entirely like after a certain time or something to that nature....I guess I'll have to figure it out

I so wish I could invent a tasty low cal snack I mean really low cal and really tasty, wow would I be rich or what....

I know we have treat ourselves occasionally but I have a hard time with limits past 0 ......if you all can think of things besides sugar free pop sickles n fudge sickles (they r kind of high on a 700 cal ) let me know I think I'll have hubby pick me up some of that curdled white stuff and add it to my lunch that would give me more protein and keep it spread ot so it gets absorbed but still drink my bullet,

Edited by Saundra

does your doctor not have you watching carbs? Kaplan stresses more on the carbs with us then the calories. 70 pounds in 6 months is great. I have just hit the 70 pound mark and I am 12 1/2 months out. My goal is NOT to lose it fast, thats not healthy. Its funny, when Kaplan first started this program, they were saying you would hit goal in 2-3 years. You dont hear that anymore, its almost like a competition on who is going to hit goal the fastest. I have noticed that the people that are loosing fast, are the ones having the most problems, they also have all that skin hanging that their bodies cant absorb. If I wanted to lose it fast I would have done the bypass.

Oh yeah, MEASURE YOUR food. lol.. Kaplan is on that kick