Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have an appointment with Dr. Kapalan Monday where abouts is his office located at? I know it is somewhere in Vienna is it bac off of Grand Central Ave?

Hi everyone. Well, my port revision had to be rescheduled because Blue Cross insurance stinks! Kaplan's office didn't have the approval yet. I love how they take their blessed time! I have to get this done in June because everything resets July 1 and I don't have any extra cash right now!

Glad to hear that you're doing well, Kar. Congrats on the loss!!! I won't have to stay the night. It's general anesthesia, but it's outpatient.

Wolf- His office is in the old Kroger building behind the mall (where the go-cart track used to be). Good luck with your appointment.

Man I miss the go cart track. I wish we had one around here. I wonder why they packed up, they seemed to have good business there

Man I miss the go cart track. I wish we had one around here. I wonder why they packed up, they seemed to have good business there

I know I had many fun memories there at the place.

The bad news.......im now on the 2 week liquid diet and it is what I assume hell would be like. :sad: Im on day 4 now and according to my scales I've lost 4lbs! Yay!!!!

I know the feeling I am my 2 week diet and it is as bad as everyone says. Especially at work where most of the people went out to chinese for lunch.< /p>

I have an IVC filter placement on the June 25th. My surgery date is July 2nd.

Hi everyone. Well, insurance finally got in gear! I got a call from Kaplan's office yesterday and insurance gave them the approval! Susan (Kaplan's nurse) is great. She was on top of this and called me as soon as she got the approval. So, for those of you also waiting on insurance approval, I'm sure she'll do the same for you! My port revision is scheduled for next Friday (26th) at 11:30am. Woo Hoo!!!

Whitewolf - It is horrible!!! Im so glad that is over!! Good Luck with your diet and hang in there.....cause it will get easier. It doesnt seem like it and it feels like hell the first week...but its much better the second week. You are almost there!!!! :( We will all see you at the July meeting!!!!

Kyla - Good Luck with your port revision!!

I get my first fill next Monday.........I cant wait!!!!

I am starting to adapt to the diet. I did get a green bean stuck........who'd a thought?! It apparently wasnt steamed long enough...IDK? I've also noticed that my tastes have changed some.....I really do not like ketchup anymore. And I was one of those...I like a little fry with my ketchup. :biggrin: I also dont care for salt. (which I suppose is a good thing) I dont know why my tastes changed....maybe so many weeks on bland foods. ??

I know one of the 4 oz of protien I found is the Roasted Garlic chicken links in Sams. 1 link has 5g 5, 17g protien, and less then 1 carb.

Are these the chicken "sausage" links? If so, be careful! We bought these at Sam's and both my husband and I got stuck on them. The casing is impossible to chew up and it doesn't go down so well!:smile2:

Are these the chicken "sausage" links? If so, be careful! We bought these at Sam's and both my husband and I got stuck on them. The casing is impossible to chew up and it doesn't go down so well!:smile2:

You are right, I was trying to chew them to see how good they would go and they are impossible to chew. So scratch that idea. :lol:

I got a cookbook I puicked up at Ollies title diet after bariactic surgery. I been looking at some of the recipes in it and it tells you what stage they are for.

I got a cookbook I puicked up at Ollies title diet after bariactic surgery. I been looking at some of the recipes in it and it tells you what stage they are for.

Thats cool! Are the recipes pretty good? And did they have any more of them? Im ALWAYS looking for new recipes...in fact...im a bit obsessed with it. Im a die hard food Network freak! lol :thumbup:

They should have a recipe section on here somewhere......maybe they do and I havent seen it. (?)

I go for my first fill and my weigh in on Monday. I am super excited. I havent weighed myself since the 1 week post op visit with Dr. Kaplan.

I went for my weigh in with Jeannie today and found out there was a problem with my EKG. My surgery is post-poned till I see a cardio tech and and will probably end up having a stress test.

The good news was that I did lose the weight.

Whitewolf.....That is awful....after going through the 2 week liquid diet and all!!! :rolleyes2: I hope all goes well at the cardio appt!!

All that for nothing!!?? lol well I cant say nothing. Hope everything goes ok with your cardio appointment. I had to have one at the beginning of my 6 months and had to have an Echo they just decided I have "Obesity caused Tachycardia" Good luck, keep us posted

All that for nothing!!?? lol well I cant say nothing. Hope everything goes ok with your cardio appointment. I had to have one at the beginning of my 6 months and had to have an Echo they just decided I have "Obesity caused Tachycardia" Good luck, keep us posted

I agree I am below 400pound for the first time in 2 years although the 19 pound in 2 week about did me in. It was to rapid of a loss for me Jeannie said was why my energy was down.

It could be "Obesity caused Tachycardia" also that is causing mine to be messed up. I feel fine right now and will keep up my regular diet and exercise.

I will also copy some of the recipes in the cookbook if you want them. There is a couple of chicken and fish ones that I am eating now.