Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello!! I hope everyone had a Great Holiday!!!! :tongue2: Its so hard to be back to work after being off for awhile...... UGH!!!

I had to pay my deductible of $3000 up front. I've heard that BCBS has not been paying for everyones nutrition visits....even though they are requiring it. (STUPID!!!!!!!!!)

Well I think I'm ready to be turned into insurance. I got my new card (hubby's insurance changed from Cigna to Aetna) and faxed it to Jeanne. I left a message for Brenda today to find out when they're going to submit, so I know when to start obsessively worrying. Then I'll need to wait on income tax return to pay for it, so I'm guessing beginning of February...*sigh* that seems so far away now.

With 4 ccs in my band you'd think I'd be losing weight...:tongue2: I was losing for a bit got down to 358 but then I went back up to 365 and now I'm 363...wtf is goin on? I don't eat too much -.- -frustrated- I already have another fill appt made for the end of January well the 3rd week me thinks...I just wish it would seem like I had weight loss surgery. =/ I feel like a failure.

4ccs is not much at all.. Just make sure you wright EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth down. Are you exercising?

I didnt even feel a difference in my stomach when I was at 4ccs. I didnt feel a difference until I was up to about 6cc. Everyone is different with their fills. Are you hungry? Are you eating more then a cup of food at a time? Have you cut back on your carbs?? That is everything they always ask me even though I havent gained anything back since the band. They are just questions to think about.

Jennifer good luck. It will be here before you know it. :)Now that the holidays and funeral are all over with, it is time to get back on track. I think I actually still lost during this time, but I know it isnt nearly enough. I go back to Kaplan in Feb and Im sure I will get chewed out for not loosing enough in his eyes. I also dont think I am getting enough nutrition though. My hair is coming out in big wads and my skin is all nasty so I dont know what is going on. I start back to school Monday BLAH. Not looking forward to taking psychology but 10 weeks and I will be done with it. Im gonna have to figure out about what to do about eating. My first class is at 9 and I usually cant eat solids until 11 and then I wont get out of class until after 1 so I dont know what I am going to do.

Anyone know what happens if you dont go to your required amount of support group meetings?? My friend has only been to 1 and she was the very first one to have it done so I dont think she has time to get them all in before her year is up. Just wondering.

Hi everyone, long time no be on. I was trying to catch up with what alls been going on. I noticed a few new people. Hi all I'm Saundra, I'm having mine done by Dr Shin in Charleston. I noticed the comments about deductibles, I haven't had to pay one yet and I'm bcbs federal as well. standard which is support to cover more, isn't it? I just opened my insurance approval letter today, with the holidays and my oldest getting married I didn't even know it had come. I am curious though since its a new year and I've had the thing down my throat and all what I will have to pay now. I am hoping only my $500.00 deductible. Right now thats a fortune for me. I had some vision problems come up last month so I will also be having surgeriy on both eyes and our vision insurance sucks from what my hubby and I have been able to read. It seems like theres so many differences between my dr and the kaplan group on just about every level.

Froggi keep up the great work hun. I skimmed through the posts with hubby to see how you were doing.

Oh and the holidays were mean to me or should I say I was mean to me and used them as an excuse. When I found out I could loose my vision I went into a huge pity mode and ate stuff I shouldn't have. I avoided the scales until I read the letter today. Talk about shocked, ouch. Me and the Wii Fit need to get busy in the morning. I didn't think I had eaten so much, I think it was those freaking white choc pretzels. I know I was bad. Time to put things in to perspective again. No more pity parties for me I hope.

Happy New Year everyone, may it bring major weight loss for all of us!!

I have got my insurance straighten out so mu out of pocket expence will be around $600 wich I can manage. I am going in again for my first appointment with Jeannie on the 28th. Any advice on what I can exspect?

I dont remember too much from my first appointment. It has now been a year since then. I had my 6 month follow up with Lindsey today and am down 52 pounds!!..

Anyway. all I can say is just be honest with Jeannie. I think she will go through your medical history and stuff like that and get you set up with all the consults you will need if any. I had to have a sleep study, ECHO, wear a holter monitor for 24 hours, and of course the psych appointment. Like I said, just be honest, relax, she is really easy to talk to and enjoy what is to come :cursing:.

Speaking of insurance, I am looking at changing mine due to I cant afford the $450 per month payment I am making just to have insurance. I called BCBS the other day and they told me that since I have had the band less then a year ago, I will probably be denied due to being "high Risk". HIGH RISK MY BUTT!!! I was more high risk before the band then I am now. Anyway with this insurance if I get it the prescription insurance only covers 50% of generics only which will leave me with $800 worth of prescriptions out of pocket a month. So I dont know if I will be able to change or not. Anyone know of any coverage out there for full time, unemployed students?

Got my appt today its the 23rd. I hope I heal fast, I have my first eye surgery on the 27th. I didn't think I'd get this nervous.

YEAA for getting your surgery date!! You will do GREAT! Try not to be nervous. I was so nervous that my blood pressure went sky high to the point they had to discuss even doing the surgery but once I got a shot of versed I wsa great lol. Gotta love that Versed. You will do great, it will be over before you know it. What kind of eye surgery are you having done?

Between now and that lil shot in the IV i'm probably gonna be a mess. I hate being put to sleep, total control freak, which is funny cause I have almost NO control right now LOL....

The easiest way to explain it is similar to cataract surgery. My sisters suppose to come stay with us so hubby can work, we think its funny he will take Friday off, both my sis and hubby will be here for the weekend, he works on Monday. Surgery again on Tuesday, and I better be able to watch biggest loser that night, then we go from there. We are hoping for no complications, shes doing me as her first of the day because of (what all she says can happen because of the OI). So even though I may not want to do anything they plan on making me walk to get rid of any gas, and I guess I'll have company as well. Sis is mainly gonna be here for LB cause shes gonna have it done if I do good. I need her more for after the eye.

Hehehe I like using the word hottie its only been forever :laugh:

When is the next support group? This monday or next monday? Anyone know

Hi Everyone! Its been forever since I've been on here. Im still plugging along..............surgery wont be until the end of April.........first of May....... :yikes: Im getting SO impatient!

Congrats on your Weight Loss Elizabeth!! :)

When did you start the program?? It seems you have been doing it for a good while now, I cant believe its been more then a year now since I started the program

Oh yeah, I found out when the next meeting is. It is next monday. I couldnt remember if it was the 3rd or 4th Monday.

When is the Zumba instructor planning on having her surgery?

Hi elizabeth I am having my surgery this Thursday 1/22/09. I see Jeannie Tue. I'm worried because I have past out a few times. I had to go to the emergency room and they said it was from the lasck of calories. I'm axnious to see what Jeannie says about it. I have been very strick with the diet.