Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lack of Calories or did your sugar drop? Either way that is pretty scary. Anymore you have to be strick with that preop diet. I will admit, I dont think I took my seriously but that was back in the day that the diet wasnt strick and you didnt have to lose a certain amount before surgery. I know after surgery I have had some spells of my sugar dropping and coming close to passing out but I was able to catch myself and get some sugar in me. IT is a scary feeling. Have you talked to her or your doctor about the spells? Did the ER doc have much to say about it? I dont know how the diet is now but I know when I did it, it was Protein protein protein and veggies, YUCK, . My cousin is getting ready to have it done also sometime around that date. I want to say either the 24th or 26th and she has to lose 10 pounds by friday.... Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes ok with you afterwards. You NEED to take it easy after surgery. If you are passing out now, the postop diet is Clear Liquids for a week, then full liquids, then pureed There is not much nutrition there for the first month. Good luck and keep in touch.

Elizabeth - I started in the program in August. But my first appt with Lindsey wasnt until October.........so my insurance is counting that as the beginning and I have to have 6 mos worth of visits with her. She notified me that BCBS changed how they count their months..........so now I have to wait even LONGER! :) So, instead of being able to do surgery at the end of March/beginning of April..........im now to the end of April/beginning of May! FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY hate insurance companies.

Good Luck in Surgery Thursday Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!

That REALLY stinks.. I wonder why they changed it. Well at least you will be healed up before summer comes, I guess thats one plus. Hang in there

Thats one good thing. Its just been very frustrating and it seems like forever. I've had a hard time staying motivated.

The emergency room Dr said that she felt it was just to few calories and to much activity at the same time. She felt that I need to add some food. I have been stickin very close with the diet which is 2 Protein Shakes a day and meat and veggies for 1 meal. The lots of fluids. I have had my sugar drop before but this didn't feel the same.

OK, where is everyone???

Jeanne submitted me to insurance on 01-16-09. I found out today they needed more information and Jeanne has to send a letter of medical necessity. Brenda told me she'd let me know when it was time to worry LOL

Hope everybody is doing good!

shes good at telling you that :tt2:.. I called Brenda the day of moms surgery after surgery had been going on for 2 hours and asked if it were time to worry yet lol.

Good luck on your approval. They can be pains sometimes(insurance companies that is) when it comes to approvals. Let us know as soon as you find out. :crying:

Reminder to the already banded. Support Group is Monday at 6 pm, see you there :w00t:

Hey Smiley, how you feeling??? The meetings are held in the same building as Jeanies and Lindseys Office are in. I call it the Banding Center, I dont know its "official name". Hope to see you there. Dont push yourself.

Thanks for the information and advice. Boy this has taken alot out of me. I'm going to take it easy this week.

Hey everyone, I am in band land now. I'm glad but still hurting an awful lot. The gas pains suck, but not everyone gets them. My dr had to do a few more things than expected so I got more gas than usual. He said my liver was much larger than he expecter, he doesn't do the 2 weel pro opt now I'm wishing I had done it anyways. He said it got in the way and was nicked and since my blood platelettes were low he took longer time making sure liver was ok. Plus I had the hiatal hernia repair. Even though I feel kinda crappy right now I have NO regrets. The strangest part was I didnt expect to feel any restriction but I do, I guess from all the swekking, Its taking me forever to get my 64 ozs in. I started using the bullest this morning I did half and then later some [rotein shake. I will do the other half of the bullet in a few hours, gotta get my Protein. This is embrassing but he said my stomach muscles were paper thin and that when I cando exercises scrunches and the like are at the top of my list. :confused: Banded

Congrats, Saundra! I had terrible gas pains about 3 weeks after surgery, so I feel for you! Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!

I had another one of those "attacks" like back in October. It has happened 3 times now. I woke up Saturday morning in the most intense and horrible pain of my life-- worse than childbirth! It started right below my sternum and went all the way across the bottom of my ribcage. Diaphragm pain?? Dunno. Anyways, I rode it out this time instead of going to the ER and once again, like someone flipped a switched, it suddenly stopped about 3 hours later and I was fine. I have figured out what caused it! I ate right before bed and went to bed on a "full stomach". Putting the pieces together, that's what happened the other two times. So, I don't think it's gallbladder after all, I think it's band related. Not sure where the pain is coming from, but it's just like someone flips on a switch and it starts. Everytime it has started between 4-5am, so about 5 hours after going to sleep. I promise and swear that I will never eat again right before bed, which we shouldn't be doing anyway, but it happens (Obviously only 3 times for me since surgery). MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE BANDED...do not eat after dinner so this doesn't happen to you! The pain is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Dr. Kaplan was stumped before about the cause, so I'll wait and tell him at my next appointment which is next week. At least I've figured out the trigger to it!

Hope all is going well for everyone. Sorry I've been MIA, work and family life have been so busy!

I didnt have the pain but after I was banded and eating solids, I woke up almost nightly heeving (spelling) I told Jeannie about it and she asked about the time Im eating before going to bed. So I paid attention to the times and when I would eat a couple hours before bed is when I would wake up say I stop around 7 and not eat anything after that, I wouldnt wake up. I say that and now I am sitting here eating a snack and it is 9:30 at night lol.. guess I have no one to blame but myself.

Did any of you get that full feeling after only 3 ounces of fluids? Excuse my manners, DH picked me up some Gas-X and I'm finally starting to pass a little. So embrassing but I'll keep taking them to get rid of that gas pain, now if I could just figure out the fullness feeling