Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just to let you know that at 10pm Monday night we got a phone call that papaw was gone. The nurse said that he was up just got back in bed from going to the bathroom, was telling a story about Grandma and was laughing then he grabbed the rail looked at the nurse and he was gone. They said it was very very fast.

They actually just had a meeting Monday morning about his discharge planning. They were sending him home Wed, Christmas Eve, and he was all excited about going home. ..... Well.... He went home. He is with Grandma now. He will be very missed.... My poor papaw... He is home now and happy no more illness, no more pain.....

Just thought I would let you all know. I am still in a bit of shock. I just dont know what to think right now............I dunno.........

Hi Everyone!!! Its been forever since I've been on here. :w00t: I've been so busy with the holidays.

I have actually had the opposite with exercise.....I have been exercising so much...........im beginning to get a little burnt out.

Mon - Zumba

Tues - Bikram Yoga

Wed - linedance

Thurs - linedance

Friday - free day..........thank goodness

Saturday - dance or an exercise tape

Sunday - weights

And with all that.............you'd think I'd lose more than a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: So frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I guess that is why im getting the surgery............obviously something is wrong with my body. I am only eating 1200 calories......and still................barely any weight loss. With results like this....it makes me want to give up. :tt2: Im not..........but im struggling not to.

If I dont talk to everyone before Christmas.......... Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I know what you mean. Sometimes I think Jeannie doesnt' believe me when I say that I'm consistently exercising when the scale doesn't move. As I've said before, I wan't given much of a metabolism. :cool2: For me, it comes down to more than just the calorie counting. Carbs have a serious impact on my weight loss. Unfortunately, I love carbs. Too bad they don't love me back. :thumbup:

Will there be a Zumba class 12/29? I'm off work that day and I can make it to the class!

Elizabeth - I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. I was very close to my grandparents and they are gone now. Hang in there and take peace in that he is no longer suffering. Let me know if you need anything.:thumbup:

Elizabeth - I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa!!

Kyla - There is no Zumba until January 5. :thumbup:

How many carbs are you allowing yourself daily? Maybe I should try that route. It has to be my metabolism....with all the exercise and eating 1200 calories.....I should be losing. I just dont get it!!!

Congratulations on your Masters!!!!!!!! What kind of position are you looking for? I will keep an eye out.

Kyla - There is no Zumba until January 5. :eek:

That figures!!!:cool2:

How many carbs are you allowing yourself daily? Maybe I should try that route. It has to be my metabolism....with all the exercise and eating 1200 calories.....I should be losing. I just dont get it!!!

Around 20-30 net carbs, but I'm also getting around 100g of Protein. To figure your net carbs, take the total carbs and subtract the Fiber from it. I'm pretty tight right now in the mornings, so I'm sticking with a shake to get my Protein in.

A typical menu for me is:

Breakfast- 7am - EAS carb advantage shake

snack (not everyday)- 10am - another shake

lunch - 12pm - 3oz can of tuna with light mayo and sugar-free Jello. Maybe some nuts, too, if I'm really hungry.

Snack (only if didn't have am snack) - 3pm - Jello or a shake

dinner - 6pm - Some type of meat (around 5-6oz), green Beans and a sugar free popsicle.

Absolutely nothing but something to drink between dinner and bedtime.

The shakes have 110 calories, 1g net carbs and 17g of Protein.

I'm less restricted in the evenings, so I eat a bit more for dinner than any other time of the day. That keeps me full through the evening.

This plan is working! I'm down 9 lbs since last Monday. It's the honeymoon phase on low-carb for me, so the loss will slow. The band helps with the hunger, which makes it nice.

Congratulations on your Masters!!!!!!!! What kind of position are you looking for? I will keep an eye out.

Thanks! To be honest, I'm open to anything. I'd like to stay in healthcare, but I don't have to. I just want to make some more money! :thumbup:

That figures!!!:cool2:

Around 20-30 net carbs, but I'm also getting around 100g of Protein. To figure your net carbs, take the total carbs and subtract the Fiber from it. I'm pretty tight right now in the mornings, so I'm sticking with a shake to get my Protein in.

Thanks! To be honest, I'm open to anything. I'd like to stay in healthcare, but I don't have to. I just want to make some more money! :eek:

I will give that a try...........maybe it will kick start me again! **Fingers crossed** :thumbup:

I will keep my ears open...if I hear of anything I will pass it on your way. :w00t:

Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fill wasn't until 1:15...omg he pressed all around and it hurt so bad. I have bruises form the 2 times he had to poke me. He said I had 2 ccs and he added 2 more so 4 ccs total. I definetly felt more restriction yesterday with clears...haven't really ate anything today yet...today is mushies...and tomorrow I finally start my softs. :eek:

Elizabeth I am sorry about your grandpa...I lost mine at young ages. :thumbup: It's hard especially when you're close. -hugs-

According to Jeannie's scale I was 365...lol but when I weighed at home I was 360...Kaplan said to go by hers...phfft I'll go by whatever one says I weigh less. I got on the scale this morning and I was down to 358...clears yesterday helped? PLUS omg I did so much walking yesterday shopping jeeze...lol.

Anywho I don't get on here as much anymore...I wish you guys used yahoo messy. I am on it quite a bit. Maybe we can give eachother our numbers incase we ever wanna talk. That would be cool. Lately I have been kinda out of it cause like...if something bothers me...I used to eat...now I can't...and it's like wow...I used to depend on food to make me feel better now I have to find something else. It's odd. I haven't been exercising much...but tonight from now on I am going to walk at least 2 miles a day. Promise to myself. I need to do it. I need my life back.

Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone...this time of year sucks for people like us...FOOD so much sweets...oy oy oy LOL It's gonna be hard to not have many chocolates on xmas. -must have willpower- WE CAN DO IT GUYS. :cool2:

Hello I went to see Jeanne today. The news was not good, my insurance is federal blue cross and blue shield and my out of pocket cost would be $5,000

wow.. sorry to hear that.. is there any help out there with it? can you mke payments?

Elizabeth, I didn't see your post till just now, but I figured it out last night when I went to visit Gma in the hospital. I was going to pop in and say hi to your Gpa, but was told "he's no longer a patient"...I just knew. I'm so sorry :thumbup:

yeah, he's not a patient anymore..... We are doing alright. I bought me a kitten last night. Dad isnt too thrilled about that. Dad is really spacey right now and he just wont stop and rest. Viewing will be Friday 2-4 and 6-8 at Levetts(spelling) Funeral will be Sat at papaws church South Parkersburg Baptist at 2pm. We decided it would be best to wait until after Christmas to do everything.

I talked to my insurance rep and they are trying to firgure out where the $5,000 is coming from I am going to talk to Jeaninie and Camdem Clark to get morei nformation after the holidays.

H there everyone. I hope everyone is working thru the holiday goodies. It is really hard. I try to eat very little at the parties and dinners but I don't always have the will power I need. I have done much better this year than any other time. I think that is because I know my surgery will be soon and I want to make this work and not be a struggle for life.

I have fed bc/bs also and they are telling me that I will have to pay the $4000.00 out of pocket before insurance takes over. Then it will be 80/20 or at leat that is what I am understanding. It is going to be a struggle but I'm going to do it some how.

Hubby and I also have to pay our out of pocket up front. We're waiting for our income tax money to come in. Our 6 months was up mid-December, and since my hubby's company changed insurances we have to wait till it kicks in January 1. I hate being in a holding pattern like this. But we've both lost a little more weight (except for maybe this weekend...family vacation).

Sorry if this is rambly, just wanted to say hi ya'll!

I hope that everyone had a nice holiday and enjoys the upcoming New Year celebrations!

My husband and I both had to pay our out-of-pockets the day of surgery. If you don't pay it, they won't do surgery. Luckily, our out of pockets was only $750 each and then insurance paid 90/10 after that. What's stupid is that our insurance required the nutrition visits before they would approve the surgery, but then wouldn't pay for them by saying it wasn't a covered benefit. That cost us an additional $400 each. In the end, with co-pays, etc, we've spent about $2000 each for the program/surgery.