Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I figured out my problem with wanting sweets. Even though I dont have periods anymore, I think I have pms lol.. what do you all do for it?? I havent had it for a LONG time. But I decided because I could cry so easily, I want nothing but sweets right now and just have the munchies.. So what do you do for it now with the band?? Man of course Im going through all this right before I go for a fill lol, I hope I dont get bloated. lol

Hi Elizabethdb;

I have found when you are craving sweets and the dietician confirmed this too, you are not eating enough Protein to fight the sweet cravings. I drink 3 Protein Drinks a day and I notice I'm not hungry for sweets either. Try it! It works or eat at least 60-80 grm. of protein a day.

Mary

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I hope that I don't need to have my port replaced, though that would be better than having a problem with the band! I had awesome restriction after my last fill in October, but it seems to be getting less and less everyday. Plus, when they checked the amount in my band in my last fill it was 1.5cc less than where it should have been. Not sure if it was hiding out behind an air pocket or what???

Elizabeth- I do get sweet cravings around my period time. It is probably related to that I eat some carbs. I still do get all of my Protein in. I eat a South Beach bar for Breakfast which has 19g of protein, so that helps. I find that I eat the most at lunch time, as I'm less restricted at that time of the day. If I'm really craving something, I eat a little of it. I know that if I completely stop eating something like ice cream that I'll crack! A couple of bites once in awhile does the trick and no real calorie harm done so long as it is 1 or 2 bites. Of course, if I were eating only low carb, then it would be off limits. I've done that pre-band and well, I obviously cracked!

8 days to go!! I cheated today on my diet...took 1 bite of cake...woops...I just had to have a taste. I'm done with that though...mmm back to snacking on SF Jello and popsicles.

Hi everyone. I had my fourth fill today. He filled 2cc more and had to take 1cc out before I left because I could swallow the cup of Water without it coming back up! Hopefully this time it will work! All 5cc that he had in there last time were still there. I still can't figure out what happened to the rest of it, but at least it didn't leak for the last month!

See you all at Zumba tonight!

--Good luck with your weight loss, Froggi. It's almost here!!!:smile2:

Glad to hear you dont have to have surgery. Was he nice to you? He put 2cc in me also for a total of 9.5cc. Boy my stomach is doing A LOT of talking when I put something in there. I think it may just be my nerves right now though. Ive been a mess all day. I would calm down, start thinking about it again and start crying again.. When is Jeannie going to start doing all the fills, anyone know??? I HAVE to lose 16pounds by next visit

Elizabeth - I hope that you're feeling better. I didn't have any issues with him and he was nice. After he put the 2cc in, I couldn't get the Water down very well. I kept burping and it kept coming back up. I had 8oz of chili in the magic bullet for dinner. It's the same consistency as milk, but tastes just like chili, plus great protein! I made it with kidney Beans, lean hamburger, turkey sausage and V8 (of course, spices, too). It was pretty good and the consistency is not bad.

I was at Jeannie's office until almost noon today...surprised i didn't see either of you.

Maybe Im just a failure then. I dunno.... Mom said when she went to him this morning, he was nice with her. She told him I am hungry and he just said he would take care of that today. He sure is making me feel like the failure of all the ones who have been banded. A friend of mine who has the band eat anything and EVERYTHING she wants to and isnt loosing weight, he doesnt say one thing to her. I eat maybe a 4th of what she does and she eats sandwhichs and all that junk. I stick with my salads and meats. But I guess since I am being childish and eating honey nut cheerios, that is the reason I am not loosing as fast.. My PCP thinks my slow weightloss is great. I dunno...Its very aggrivating.

That chili sounds good. I am trying to eat cream of chicken ( strained of course) and I am having trouble getting it down. Well, maybe now that I cant eat, I will loose the weight faster. I just feel like going out and getting a bottle of diet pills and stop eating ( I wouldnt do that though, not very healthy at all) thats just how I feel right now. I dunno....I guess I will just see how things go. I have to go with mom for her first fill and he said he wanted to talk to me again that day, just what Im looking forward to. Im going to see if I can still use the gift certificate I got right before my surgery and get a free 3 month pass to the fitness center. I think walking the pool and stuff like that would help and less impact on my knee. I wish I knew what was wrong with it and what to do about it.

Oh well, enough of my troubles. I may just be a little extra emotional right now for some reason and my be taking this all the wrong way.. WHO KNOWS! Talk to you all later.

Elizabeth

I was at Jeannie's office until almost noon today...surprised i didn't see either of you.

I didn't get there until 12:20. Sorry I missed you!

Kyla it isn't your fault I missed you...mom was in a hurry and wanted to do other stuff before she got home to eat lunch and goto work. So as soon as I got done we left.

Elizabeth I'm sure since that fill you will probably start losing better. Don't give up...and exercise! At least 30 min a day is important! It jump starts your metabalism...I'd also try different foods for breakfast and not always have cereal...especially one with honey in it lol. I hope you get to feeling better...I'm sure you will do fine!

I wish it was closer to monday lol...since Monday is the surgery...when they have the official time they know that I need to come in for sure will they call Friday? I think someone told me Saturday...but I don't think they're there on Saturday. I know for now I'm supposed to be there by 11.

They're there on Saturdays. I did my pre-op for my EGD on Saturday. I can't remember when they called me, but if you don't hear from them, just make sure you show up at your scheduled time.

If they dont call you, that means the time has not changed and you need to be there by 11. It will be here before you know it.

Ok, yes Monday was hurtful. I am hoping to be down 16 or more by the time I go with mom for her first fill on Dec 4th. Since Monday I have already lost about 5 pounds, so if I keep this up, I can do it.

You know, I compared the nutrition facts of the honey nut cheerios to the plain oatmeal that he wants me to eat and honey nut cheerios are healthier so I dont get it. The Cheerios only have 110 calories, 22 carbs, and 2 sugars. Plain oatmeal on the other hand has 150 calories, 27 carbs and 1 sugar. So I dont understand why it is so bad. I cant get the oatmeal down. Not that I dont like it, it just wont go down. One SMALL bite and Im done, cant eat anymore. You should hear the noises my stomach makes now since my last fill, man, it is LOUD and embarrassing sitting in class. I take a sip of Water and my stomach has to talk about it lol. After I ate 2 bites of Soup last night, I couldnt eat anymore. Mom said this may be a good thing, the weight should come right off now. I guess I wont overeat at thanksgiving now lol... heck, I may just get a spoonfull of mashed tators and thats it, that is if this restriction keeps up.

Hey I was thinking. When I worked at Camden, I was the Team Captain of a Relay for Life team. Now that I dont work there, I dont have a team to join. I dont want to be a captain, just join a team. I was wondering if you all would like to put a team together. With school and all, I dont think I could be the captain, but I am will to be the co-captain and help whoever takes it. What do you all think?

OK, for someone reasonably intelligent I sometimes do bonehead things. Like having chinese with pork fried rice and TONS of soy sauce the night before I see Lindsay, thus erasing that 3 pound loss I was so proud of and substituting it with a 4 pound gain....UGH! She was super cool about it though. I have to get myself out of the mindset of "woe is me, I'll never eat my favorite foods again". We talked about that today. That for some people, if they crave pizza, eating the topings is a good alternative.

Dr. Kaplan's website is up. It's Dr. Adam Kaplan, MD, FACS : General & Bariatric Surgery. I haven't checked it out yet...going there now.

Ok just wanted to let you all know. I bought some liquid ibuprofin today (having trouble getting pills down). This stuff is NASTY!!! Now I see why kids spit it out when we try to shove it down their throats. Just thought I would let you all know lol.