Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Neither Dr. Kaplan or Jeannie arranged my appointment with the Pre-op testing at the hospital. I just received a call one day from one of the nurses in same-day care, after I saw Kaplan for my final visit. I had to do my questions over the phone before the EGD and actually had to go in the Saturday before my surgery to meet with a nurse to go over questions, sign surgery paperwork, etc. Because I was not on the 6 month diet plan and all my stuff happened pretty quick between March and June, I didn't have any further lab work done at that time. I would call pre-op testing at the hospital tomorrow. Tell them what day your EGD is and what day your surgery is. Tell them what day you can come to do your pre-op appointment with the same-day care nurse so they can go ahead and schedule it. They fill up pretty quick, so I wouldn't put it off until the last minute.
Froggi please listen to us DR KAPLAN, HIS NURSE OR JEANNIE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PAT. They dont schedule it, they dont call them, NOTHING.. His nurse will tell you the exact same thing we are telling you. YOU have to do it. Once your surgery is scheduled, THE HOSPITAL usually calls you to schedule it OR you can call scheduling yourself to schedule it. Kaplan has NOTHING to do with it.. Trust me, my mom use to be the manager over Same Day Care and the PAT people.

I don't have a specific date for my EGD until the 10th...that will be confirmed and my surgery date on Monday. So on Monday after I see Kaplan then I can come home and call the scheduling part and tell them when my EGD is and my surgery date and get my PAT scheduled. I was just going to ask Kaplan's nurse about how to do it, etc...not that they do it for me.:)

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home from the hospital. They took mom to the Holding Area at 7:30 and back to surgery at 8:03, she didnt get out of surgery until 12:40. At one point I called over to Brenda and asked her when is it time to start to worry. About that time Kaplan walked out and talked to my dad and me. I got onto him for taking so long lol.. He said she did GREAT. She had a hernia that needed repaired and he ran into problems with instruments and that is what held it up. She is doing great. She is already drinking more then 30cc an hour. Thanks for the prayers.. I will keep you posted. She is now one of us :rolleyes2:

Froggi, if I could think I would give you the number, but I cant think of it. Usually once it is scheduled, they are good at calling but since you are on a time limit, Monday after your appointment, give his nurse time to officially schedule it and then call the hospital to set everything up :rolleyes2:

Elizabeth- Tell you Mom congrats!!! Glad everything worked out well for her. I know what you mean about worrying! My husband's surgery was over 4 hours and he was in recovery for another 4 hours! I was worried sick, knowing it should have taken less than 2 hours for the surgery! The problem they ran into was that he first put a 10cc band in and decided it was too small, so had to start over again with a 14cc.

I'm so glad your Moms doing well, the length would of drove me crazt, sitting there waiting, glad it turned out to be fine.

OK, somebody talk me off the ledge....My husband just called and where he works is changing insurances January 1 from Cigna to Aetna. We're supposed to have our surgeries in January or February. I wonder how bad this is going to be for us.

Elizabeth ~

All ~ has anyone heard of "balloon ablation"? I'll spare you the TMI, but I'm having HORRIBLE and frequent periods. The OB/GYN put me on a pill yesterday (I'm fixed so it's just to try to regulate me) but it has so many side effects, several of which I've already had. Having a balloon ablation is an option they recommended over the pills. But if I can wait till next year, after I pay for my surgery, my out of pocket deductable will have been met :thumbs_up:

I had the ablation about 2 years ago. I LOVE IT! I had really heavy periods and now I have NO PERIODS.....whatsoever!!!!!! :frown: It was one of the best things I ever did!!

Ok this is a kind of personal question for all you who have already been banded.. What do you do to keep regulated???????? I have NEVER had this trouble before, I use to be able to go at least 6 times a day now Im not even going once a day. I started Miralax Thursdaybut have not seen any results yet. Im even taking that Miralax with Apple Cider. LOL, I have already drank a 1/2 gallon of cider in a week and NOTHING.. What is it about the band that does this to ya??

Thanks

Elizabeth

OK, somebody talk me off the ledge....My husband just called and where he works is changing insurances January 1 from Cigna to Aetna. We're supposed to have our surgeries in January or February. I wonder how bad this is going to be for us.

I would email Jeannie and ask her about Aetna. Is there a 6 month wait with Cigna? Or could Jeanie and them speed up your waiting period to get it on Cigna?

Elizabeth your problem is probably from not getting enough Water and eating less Fiber. Add fiber daily and try to drink more water in between meals. Good luck.

Debbie

Elizabeth - It probably is the Water. I drink at least 60oz a day and I actually have more BMs now than pre-band when I wasn't drinking as much water. My husband has had some problems and he's been taking chewable fiber tabs, but they can cause gas. If you can do ruffage like salad, you might try it, too. How's your Mom doing?

Oh my goodness I drink way more then 60oz a day. You know those mugs they give you at the hospital? I will fill that SEVERAL times a day along with a large tea in the morning on my way to school and then 2 bottles of Water while Im at school (4 hours) So its not the water, I eat salads, not everyday but almost.....

Mom is doing GREAT! Kaplan asked her if she thought she could have done it as outpatient and they both agreed she could have. She is getting plenty of fluids. I keep getting onto her though because she hasnt had a BM since before her surgery and she has that barium in her. She has a bum left shoulder so it is REALLY bothering her now since the surgery but that is really the only pain she complains about, shoulder,arm and neck. I think she will be eating before 2 weeks.

so happy for your mom!!

Question......... I had my first fill on thursday, jeanne tried and missed so Kaplan had to do it, they only put in 1 1/2 cc's....I feel no different, if anything i feel like I have more room to eat....is this normal? He said I had 2 cc's in there to start with....I am confused...

Anyone going to Zumba tomorrow night, if so i'll see you there! Theresa

so happy for your mom!!

Question......... I had my first fill on thursday, jeanne tried and missed so Kaplan had to do it, they only put in 1 1/2 cc's....I feel no different, if anything i feel like I have more room to eat....is this normal? He said I had 2 cc's in there to start with....I am confused...

Anyone going to Zumba tomorrow night, if so i'll see you there! Theresa

I had zero restriction after my first fill. I had a little restriction after my second. I finally have restriction after my 3rd fill, almost too much! Hang in there. It is so frustrating because I know after your first fill that you feel like you went through all this hassel and feel no different than before surgery. I am going to try my best to be at Zumba tomorrow night, if I get off work on time!

Elizabeth- Not sure what it is then. :( I'd call Jeannie and maybe she can give you some advice.

Thanks for the encouragement..it is tough sometimes to stay positive.....I go back dec 1st for another fill...so maybe with that one it'll be better!! Hope to see you tomorrow night.