Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kyla I would probably do the 5k with you walking...buttttttt I'll be recovering :biggrin:

I know several people who have had the ablation. They liked it. Some people though, still have bleeding and end up having a hysterectomy a couple years down the road. It probably just depends on what all the problems are. They actually talked about doing an ablation on me. But I said if I have to have ALL my chances of having a baby( I mean, I have a very low chance, but there is still that chance) then I would want a hysterectomy and get rid of everything. Right now I am talking double birth control pills continuously. Let me tell you, if I have already had kids and stuff, I would definetly go for the ablation. Its a way to keep your ovaries(hormones) and not have major surgery to decreas or get rid of your periods all together.

For those of you who have BCBS If you have met your Yearly Out of pocket maxium, does that mean I dont have to pay anything anymore until next fiscle(spelling) year? This surgery and all the appointments leading up to it has brought me to my out of pocket maxium, so I was just wondering what that meant.

Kyla, I have thought about doing the 5k, but probably not this year. After Zumba Monday, my knee hurt me so bad, I dont know whats going on with it. I constantly hear this awful ripping sound in it.. Oh well, once I get this weight off, hopefully it will get better. Maybe I will try it next year. I did the 2 mile fun run a couple years ago and I think I did it in 30 mins, I dont remember, I was a young teen back then. lol

Elizabeth- I have Anthem BC/BS and still have to pay my co-pays, even though I have met both my individual and family out of pockets for the year.

Is anyone else going to answer my cavity question? lol I have 2 cavities on 2 of my front teeth and I want to know if that could cancel my surgery. :biggrin:

There should be no reason whatsoever that that would cancel your surgery. They dont even ask if you have any. I have cavities. Unless they are infected, infection could cancel but thats it.

That was wierd, I just tried to reply with a quote and there was no submit button everywhere. So Kyla, I was going to quote what you said but here is what I said instead lol

I dont have co-pays. Well I take that back, it cost $20 for a PCP visit and $50 for an ER visit all the rest is a percentage that I have to pay. So do I still have to pay the percentage?

not infected. so i have nothing to worry about then even if one of them is bad? lol

That was wierd, I just tried to reply with a quote and there was no submit button everywhere. So Kyla, I was going to quote what you said but here is what I said instead lol

I dont have co-pays. Well I take that back, it cost $20 for a PCP visit and $50 for an ER visit all the rest is a percentage that I have to pay. So do I still have to pay the percentage?

Yup, mine's the same way. I still have to pay the percentages that aren't covered, I think. We'll find out soon. I went to the ER 2 weeks ago for Gallbladder. Haven't got the bills yet.:smile2:

Ive never seen them turn down a surgery for a cavity. I know someone who has rotten teeth and they still did surgery on her. In all the surgeries I have had in the past couple years, I have NEVER been asked about my teeth other then if any are chipped or broken or have a bridge stuff like that. It is possible to break teeth when they intubate and extubate (put the tube in your throat, take it out) I have witnessed that happen before but not often does that happen. Like I said, as long as there is no infection, then you should have nothing to worry about. Did Jeannie say something about it? I noticed you said she looked at them.

not infected. so i have nothing to worry about then even if one of them is bad? lol

Infection is the only thing I can think of that would stop them. They would find that in your pre-surgery lab work because your WBCs would probably be up. You would probably also run a fever. I would make sure and tell the anesthesia doc when you meet with him/her before surgery about the cavities, though. Cavities make the tooth soft and you want to make sure they don't knock a piece of the tooth off when intubating you. You will meet with anesthesia at your pre-op physical (week before surgery) with one of the nurses who work in surgery. The hospital will call and schedule with you. It's seperate from Jeannie.

Edited by kdlee

Im half tempted to drop my insurance, I pay $450 a month to keep it and then they dont pay out all that great. I have $1700 worth of medical bills right now. I thought about just dropping it and using the ER for my PCP then I can just go to financial aide office and say I cant pay(because I cant) and they write it off. It stinks that people cant get good coverage if they arent working and they are expected to pay all the bills. Its funny, I will call the offices asking if they had any finacial aide because I am a full time student with no job and they ask "can you pay $25 a month?" I want to say back "What part of NO JOB dont you understand?!" Only one of my doctors, my PCP gives me a break and has me down for Insurance only, I dont have to pay co-pays. I wish everyone else was that way. Heck I owe Kaplan $500, but I just found out that I only have to pay $5 a month so that isnt so bad I guess. $25 a month gets a little much when you have several different bills.... *Sigh* I just keep telling myself that this WILL pay itself off, its all worth it. Then I look at my bank account......It sucks that people who are actually trying to do good for themselves can not get any assistance yet if I want to go sit on my butt and pop a kid out ever 9 months, I would get all the help I need... Whats wrong with that picture????

I just thought of something.. This is one thing that Dr Dunn said was one of my big stresser... MONEY.. I think he may actually have been right about that one. lol

hmm i see jeannie on the 17th and my EGD is either going to be the 14th or the 17th when do i see one of kaplans nurses...no no one said anything about my teeth i was just owondering. =/ when I goto Kaplan on the 10th will i make the appt to see one of his nurses too?

and I had my labwork clear back in april lol