Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH!!! More stress.........worrying about losing 10 lbs in the pre-op diet.

WVU I dunno if the preop weight loss has to be the same for everyone. Like I said I was told 5 lbs in the first week or no surgery. I wasn't told 10. Lindsay told me yesterday that there is no way I wouldn't lose 5 lbs or more on the preop diet if I follow it like it says on my paperwork. I'm still worried though because for the longest time I was stuck at 393 and yesterday I finally broke it and went down to 391. I just hope I can lose. I can't afford to be postponed don't have the time for that...dang insurance.

I dunno how they are doing it.. All I know is mom said they told her 5 pounds EACH week. They didnt tell her that until her actual preop appointments though. She had already been on her preop diet for a week before they told her that.

Lindsay and Jeannie told me 5 lbs in thr first week nothing about the 2nd. But I will ask when I go to see Kaplan on the 10th.

I wont tell mom that someone only has to loose 5 pounds lol... I wonder why they started doind that and how they decide how much a person has to loose. Mom weighs about the same as me and I didnt have to loose any. Which then again, my surgery lasted over 2 hours due to my liver being large(well that is what my friend who works in surgery told me) so maybe thats why. Who knows.. All I know is mom is in the "starvation diet" right now and I find myself saying "Welcome to my world" lol

Edited by Elizabethdb

btw ZUMBA MONDAY!!!!!

Oh I was told why they have the set amounts of weight now. Lindsay said too many people were gaining on preop or not losing anything. I've already lost 28 lbs so maybe that's why I only need to lose 5 on preop...or they just didn't tell me about the 2nd week yet. According to what Jeannie told me I just need to lose 5 the first week November 10th-17th and on the 17th I get weighed and if I am down 5 then surgery is still on...but who knows...

That makes since.. kind of sucks but makes since. I only lost 10 pounds in my 6 month pre op. Have no clue if I lost anything in that 2 weeks or not. That is a way to make sure people dont cheat though. Ill admit, I cheated once or twice on that 2 week diet. It sucks when everyone around you is eating really good smelling stuff and you cant have it.. I guess that is where will power comes in pplace. Froggy, do you care if I ask how old you are?? Im 26. Im thinking for some reason you are around my age. I could be wrong though. Wont be the first time lol

23 :hurray: Yes we are close in age.

I just hope I only have to lose 5 lbs not 10 :laugh: so I won't feel as much pressure. I want to lose another 10 to 15 lbs though that would be awesome...just don't want to have to worry about 5 lbs when I have already lost so much. :rolleyes2:

Try not to worry too much about it just keep on track. Excerise(yeah I know easier said then done) and try your hardest not to cheat and you should be fine. Dont try to get your "last meals" in now, that will not help in losing weight. Can you start on losing the 5 from now until then or does it have to be in that time frame?

Thing is I don't know...I think Lindsay said they will go from my weight from yesterday...but I figure Kaplan will weight me on the 10th too...but I start preop that morning ya kn ow lol. I hope it goes from 391.

I never really had a last supper thing...I quit the bad foods and soda and caffiene and all back in february when I learned CCMH was getting lapband. Haven't really ate anything horrible since then...if so very little.

Oh by the way the other day I decided to try the Protein drinks...omg gag...I got a horrible headache from it...so I know how horribly I will feel on preop LOL I felt all floaty and such. haha how fun preop will be.

By the time thanksgiving comes around ill be allowed to have 3 oz of Clear Liquids every hour...yay LOL

gotta love the protein... What did you try? I did the Carnation instant breakfast(slimfast made me sick) with a scoop of Protein. I was SO SICK of protein by week 2 after my surgery. Be sure to get it in though, you WILL loose your hair if you dont, trust me. My hair was coming out by the handfuls. Kaplans scales weigh heavy, so just a little warning. Last time I was there, they were about 4 pounds heavy. Good for you giving everything up early. I gave pop in n June, I dont even crave it anymore. The ONE pop I crave is Sprite but that is not very often but it isnt worth it trying it.

Well I am pretty sure Lindsay said they would go by the weight she took down yesterday which was a 2.5 drop since October 3rd. Haha I exercised 3 times in october and still lost weight...I used to exercise everyday. But yeah I hope they go by that weight...I don't want to seem heavier in Kaplan's office when I am not...what weight are they going by with your mom? Jeannie/Lindsay's scale or Kaplans? But I guess if they did go by Kaplans for me and itmade me heavier then I would only need to lose a few lbs for Jeannie's LOL

Oh and I tried plain vanilla whey Protein in body fortress from walmart...I plan on buying the chocolate before I start preop within the next few weeks so I can maybe tolerate it more lol. Either way gotta do it.