Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has it really been 3 mos??

Hey June Bugs,

Here it is the end of August. Three months ago we were nervous, excited, and anxious about the calendar turning from May to our month, June and our surgeries. So how's it going? There's lots of missing Junebugs that aren't checking in anymore, we were 300+ strong. So come on in and post a little blurb with how band life is going!

I just can't believe it'll be 3 mos. for me on Friday. (banded June 5th). I had high hopes and dreams for the band but never in a million years did I think I'd be sitting here 59 lbs lighter 3 mos later (well 49 I lost 10 from May 14th, my consult until surgery). One more pound and I will be at 60 that is unreal. My surgeon redoes your bloodwork at 3 mos and I just got those results. I have "the cholesterol of a 12 yr old" and everything was excellent. I am off blood pressure meds. and my knee though still hurts, is better when I consider I take nothing for it now and was taking 10 ibuprofen a day. I have had 4 fills and believe I am at my sweet spot, at least it feels that way right now. I'm tighter than I've ever been but just got it on Tuesday. I had one setback in that my gall bladder went and had to have a 2nd surgery 3 weeks ago to remove it. I'm slowly recovering from it, it took longer than my banding. And now I've developed a rash in a few of the incisions that I am fighting. They can't figure out what it is and did some tests on it and I may see a dermatologist next week.

So that's what's up with me, Next????

hi there! great idea Long2bthin! i can't believe it's been 3 months either!

i've had 2 fills and am not quite at the sweet spot yet. have lost 13lbs pre-surgery and am down a total of 35 lbs now. i am so appreciative of being smaller and of my band! we are going for a bike ride today and while it's hard (going up hills) it's a great work out and 35 lbs ago i would not have put my butt on a bike!

i'm still not wearing new clothes yet - just the baggy stretchy clothes. i don't know why. haven't even started the goodwill donation bag yet! i will tho. i have 1 new outfit and a few new t-shirts from our vacation (some of those 'life is good' t's).

looking forward to my next fill which i moved up a bit to 9/10.

getting used to the eating changes now and i look forward to eating what i can eat. i definately do not waste eating time now with mindless eating! most of the time i really pay attention and enjoy the small amount i can eat!

hope you are doing well and long, that you continue to feel better and better after your gallbladder surgery. sorry to hear about the rash!

best things about losing weight so far.... i fit in chairs now without thinking about it, i can exercise a lot easier - makes it more fun!, my face looks thinner and that surprises me everytime i see my reflection, my husband noticed that i look good (and it's hard for him because he doesn't want me to think he thought i looked bad before so he's careful with his compliments - tho i know i was so puffy and 'full' looking not at all healthy - so i don't mind being lavished with compliments!), i walk with better posture (maybe not hiding as much as i was). could go on and on. it's nice to feel like my body is working with me now! it wasn't for so long!

bye for now!

Hi everyone its been crazy here. My weight has fluctuated alot this past month, but it is doing much better since my first fill. I know that I need another fill because I'm still hungry, but at least I'm losing.

I feel great, but have slowed down on the weight loss. Now 39#. 3 fills of 3cc total. Clothes big. Haven't bought anything yet. I have tried to go back and look what i ate when i lost more, and think i need to drink more Water, less carbs more Protein. So hopefully things will progress again. Good luck to all. Keep up the good work. Just checking in. Jdrocks

Still taking it one day at a time. Weight stalled for last 2 weeks but finally its moving on the downside again. haven't had a fill yet, have to wait until my 3 mth check up. It sucks but ill manage. I love feeling better, i have only lost 30 lbs but wow what a darn difference it makes. My clothes are baggy, im gonna try for 10 more lbs then by some new pants and shirts. Im happy that i had this surgery it was the best thing for me. All june bugs rock!!

Well, I've lost 33lbs. which is one-third of my goal weight, so all I have to do is repeat two times and I will be there!!! I still don't have much restriction though, I had that total unfill a few weeks ago and didn't get much back with my first re-fill. I get another fill in a week, and I really need it! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see where we are after the next three months (December, uh-ohh!!)!.

3 mos ago at this exact moment I was in surgery getting my band. It's the best thing I've ever done. Can't believe it's been 3 mos already and at times it seems like forever ago.

Editing to add, that one day after my 3 mos anniversary I hit 60!!! Never in a million years did I think that was possible!

Edited by Great2BThin

I agree with all of you, my band was the best decision I ever made. It is unbelievable to me how much better I feel with 30 lbs gone. I am sure i will feel even better when the next 30 lbs are gone also. People are always saying to me, wow, you've lost weight, you look really good. The one I like the most is, did you change your hair style? Then I say, no, I changed my eating style and I've lost 30 lbs. I have 20 lbs to go to be in onederland and I can't wait. Congrats to all the June bugs for a job well done.

Susan

Hi Jazzy Junes!

I'm 3 months post op and things have been going great. I'm down 53 pounds and have had only 1 fill for 2 cc's. I'm not feeling any hunger unless I don't eat for 4 or more hours. It seems like everyday I realize more and more the good things that are starting to happen. My heals no longer hurt when I walk, i've stopped snoring and getting around and moving is so much easier. I can't wait to see what else is to come. Only question I have is...Does everyone loose weight in cycles? I tend to lose for 2 weeks then stay the same for 2 weeks. I will drop 7 - 10 pounds in those 2 weeks but then nothing. It can be a bit frustrating waiting for it to start again.

Getting the band was the best decision I have ever made. I have no regrets. I had my first fill here in KC this past Wednesday. All is well. My 44 pounds lost is a triumph!

I lost 30 lbs before being banded at the end of June and 17 since. I've had 1 fill and will have my second fill in Oct. I tend to eat right for awhile and then backslide, but the band doesn't let me backslide too far. I do feel MUCH better and no longer snore (I sounded like a buzz saw before), can walk better, have more energy. My wardrobe is a mess because it is a mix of old and "new" (thrift stores are the best). If my gut ever goes down I will drop 2 sizes in clothes, but it is stubborn. My face is thinner and my legs are much thinner. I work out but something always happens (flu this week) and I stop for 4 days, then resume. My doctor is happy if I lose 1 lb a week, but I want more than that, of course. No matter what, this is the best thing I ever did for my health.

I think today's the 13,... I was probably being stitched up this time 3 months ago, Friday the 13th. I wish I could brag about all of my weight loss, but unfortunately I have not followed the exercise or diet plan, and have only lost 5-6 pounds post-op, plus 20 preop. As I mentioned in another post, I have rejoined WW on the COR plan, and have gone back to Curves to work out for the 3rd time since surgery. I owe it to myself to make this work.... ::wink_smile:: Congratulations to all of you for your success!

Hi, fellow June Bandsters! I have lost 27lbs so far. I have had 3 fills and 1 unfill. I am so happy that I was banded! I feel like the band has done exactly what I needed....food is not what it used to be for me. It is not a main focus in my life. Sometimes the weight loss seems really slow going, but I am glad I am not gaining! And I figure if I keep it up at the same rate, that would be great! I can totally sympathize with a previous writer about the weight loss coming in spurts. I tend to hang around the same number for a while, too. I weigh every morning, which some may not agree with, but I guess I need to know. I'm glad everyone is doing so well....keep up the good work!:smile:

Sept. 17th was my 3 month bandiversary and also the date of my first fill. I now have 1.5ccs in my band. I've lost 63 overall on this journey and 38 since my surgery. I was losing 1-2 pounds per week before my fill,so I expect my weightloss to stay on track.

I have more energy at work, exercise almost daily, love my Protein shakes for Breakfast, eat way less than I used to, and spend less time plopped in front of the TV and computer. It's nice.

I have set little mini goals for myself and have hit every one of them! My next goal is to lose another pant size by October 19th. My husband's company is having a party at Six Flags Over Texas and I want to ride a roller coaster that my butt barely fit in two years ago!