Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

Perhaps someone from Alaska can weigh in on this, but it is my understanding that Alaska does NOT teach abstinence-only education, but rather currently has sex-ed (as do other states). What Palin said in an interview was that she did not support explicit sex ed.

We do not know if her daughter received sex ed in school (although my guess is that she did because it has been taught in the schools there) and we also don't know if she was using birth control and it failed (not that it's our business).

I'm so sick of this argument, "See, Palin's daughter is pregnant, therefore we need more sex ed." It's ludicrous and misdirected, especially since she likely received precisely the sex ed that everyone's saying prevents pregnancy.

I would challenge any of you to contact your local school and ask to sit in on a sex ed class. I think you'd be shocked out of your gourd.

I like Palin as a person, I mean, she's right up my alley, but for the same reason I don't like Obama, I don't like Palin for VP... INEXPERIENCE. Of course, Obama is even worse because he's actually running for president.

has anyone vetted Snopes and just exactly HOW do we know IT is accurate?

Because it's on the internet :lol:

The exact statement she made was, "The explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support." So the internet/media claims are skewed.

As to whether her daughter received sex-ed in her school, including contraception information, I have not been able to confirm that. However, I believe there it is extremely unlikely that she did not. Furthermore, anyone who believes, in this day and age, that kids don't know how babies are made (and how to prevent it) is smoking something.

I would challenge any of you to contact your local school and ask to sit in on a sex ed class. I think you'd be shocked out of your gourd.

sex education is not a "hot topic" of mine; i have no children, nor will ...but i remember my sex ed class in 6th grade & my mom had to attend. mom, followed up because she had an "early" developed young girl (me). it's unfortunate that Parents don't have conversations w/their kids about this...but i'm not sold on the fact that it's a teachers job.

that said gadget, i did call my ISD. WHAT a run around. you would have though i was the IRS calling to get a copy of their balance sheet. i was passed around to 6 persons & when one actually would talk to me; she stated non parents could not sit in on a class. i'm in a suburb outside DFW. i said that was unfortunate, and left it there.

listen, if your values are those of Palin - you like her, will root for her. likewise w/obama. the personal side of their life is an accent to them...doesn't define their abilities. if we went to the CEO's of the fortune 500 companies...we'd be crushed by what would fall from their cloests..

No Indigo grl-:lovechoc:-I am not a racist I was just referring to the seemingly undenible (sp) similarities in the names OSAMA BIN LADEN and OBAMA LA BIDEN doesn't that seem just too much of a coinidence. A BIG red flag to me.

You must be blind if you can't see it waving right in front of you.

Obama and his running mate have me scared sh*tless. I live in a state, (CA) of a ton of liberals and alot of them who normally vote democrat are now going to vote rupulican because of Obama.

And for the record again I AM NOT A RACIST!!!!!

Give'em hell---MCCAIN AND PALIN:thumbup:

No Indigo grl-:lovechoc:-I am not a racist I was just referring to the seemingly undenible (sp) similarities in the names OSAMA BIN LADEN and OBAMA LA BIDEN doesn't that seem just too much of a coinidence. A BIG red flag to me.

If you don't agree with Obama, that is your politics, and in America, you have a voice.

But if you aren't joking, I can't even understand such logic.

A person can not help their name, and only a fool would make a person's name into a point. When you add that point that you took two names together to prove some sort of connection is just unfathomable.

To quote the comedian, Ron White... "The next time you have a thought... let it go."

Obama and his running mate have me scared sh*tless. I live in a state, (CA) of a ton of liberals and alot of them who normally vote democrat are now going to vote rupulican because of Obama.

Well I gues your friends are going to cancel out my friends votes - who are all super republican's - party all the way kind of pple - they are voting Obama La Biden cuz they don't like Palin ..

So I guess they are more sexist than racist - cuz both still are alive and well in this country of ours - it's a shame to say it - but it's that same big red flag you are waving if you are telling me that you wouldn't vote for him cuz of his name and not his politics ...

it's unfortunate that Parents don't have conversations w/their kids about this...but i'm not sold on the fact that it's a teachers job.

I agree on both points.

that said gadget, i did call my ISD. WHAT a run around. you would have though i was the IRS calling to get a copy of their balance sheet. i was passed around to 6 persons & when one actually would talk to me; she stated non parents could not sit in on a class. i'm in a suburb outside DFW. i said that was unfortunate, and left it there.

Did you call them today or had you done this sometime in the past? Not that it matters, but I'm just curious.

There's a law in California that provides for "comprehensive sex education" starting at kindergarten -- yes, kindergarten -- and does not require parental permission or notification.

I think your jaw would hit the floor if you were a fly on the wall at a public school during a sex ed class. Check out Planned Parenthood, Take Care Down There (don't have kids in the room) for a little peek at what's being preached.

listen, if your values are those of Palin - you like her, will root for her. likewise w/obama. the personal side of their life is an accent to them...doesn't define their abilities.

:lovechoc: Well said. That's why hit-and-run comments like, "She's for abstinence-only education and her 17YO is pregnant; see, abstinence doesn't work!" are so annoying. They're designed to mislead, to confuse, and to denigrate, and then they're parroted by people who buy into them without really looking about the surrounding issues or realizing that the arguments aren't consistent or applicable.

(I feel the same way about the whole "Obama la Biden" "Osama bin Laden" discussion, BTW)

Obama freaks me out bad enough he has a Arab name then adds Biden to it. To me it says Osama bin Laden/Obama la Biden how freaky is that?

That doesn't make ya'll THINK? All it does is make me think-- what in the hell is going on? That's just a little odd for me even if I were a democrat that alone whould scare me enough to make me vote republican.

Wow Divamom, I find your comment to be a big red flag... I am amazed that you don't even realize how racist of a comment you just made. Your comment is a dangerous stereotype that comes across incrediabily ignorant. I'll try to believe in your positive intentions and hope you posted that before thinking about what you were saying. If that was exactly what you thought...then I second Stevegoad's Ron White quote.

steve--I didn't link their names it's written right there in front of everyone's faces.

Indiogirl-It's also his polictics and his inexperience. Plain and simple. At least McCain has tons of experience and history and Palin also has 16 years experience working in government.

Edited by Divamom

No Indigo grl-:shades_smile:-I am not a racist I was just referring to the seemingly undenible (sp) similarities in the names OSAMA BIN LADEN and OBAMA LA BIDEN doesn't that seem just too much of a coinidence. A BIG red flag to me.

Are you kidding??? I can't believe you actually believe this. You are the worst kind of racist...the kind that doesn't even know it! Obama and Biden's names may scare you, but people like you scare me!!!

Obama For President!!!