Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Weigh Ins - 29th August 08

This week:

LOST: all the 0.4kgs I put on last week + another 0.6kgs = total 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) :biggrin:

Exercise: 50 kms on the stationary bike

20 kms on the regular bike

30mins walking everyday (at lunchtimes)

Diet: able to eat almost pre-surgery amounts. So still eating a cupful, then filling up with an apple or pear after, to stave off the hunger for a bit longer. Snacking on fruits or veg if really hungry between meals.

My 1st Fill: 5th Sept - one week from now.

I'm really pleased not only to have lost the weight I put on last week but also to have a lost some more on top of that. I was sure I'd keep gaining up until my next fill (which I admit, despite my bravado, was quite depressing) but I do think the exercise and good food choices are paying off. I still have the odd relapse wrt to food, but for the most part, I do feel I'm in charge of it, and it's not in charge of me.

Can't update my ticker til I get home from work, which sucks! :cursing:

Not even gonna step on a scale for the Friday Weigh In. I've been watching this darned saline drain down my IV and just thinking about how the scale is creeping up. My pre-op weight this am was 283.0, which is a 0.8# gain. We'll see what we get next week! :biggrin:

Good Morning! You can tell I am at work early in the am!

8.22.08 225.4lbs

8.29.08 223.8lbs

I am down 1.6lbs for the week...still haven't been motivated to exercise! I work to much....60hours this week...blahhhh:cursing:

Down 8 lbs from last Friday...yeah!! MUCH better than seeing the increase last Friday...that liked to have killed my motivation.

Exercise: still just walking 30 minutes daily, but pace has picked up well this week...joined the small workout room at work, so hope to get in a bit more next week.

Hungry every evening...I'm fine until I get home at night, then I stay famished until I can force myself to go to sleep. Can't wait to begin to get some fills that will hopefully help me out with this.

Looking good everyone!!

I'm down 2lbs this week - the lowest weightloss since I began :lol:

I knew it had to slow down sometime....but I was hoping later rather than sooner...

I too haven't exercised as I've been in the hospital with a recurring kidney infection...but I'm hopeful that I'll soon be able to get outside again.

Been an "up and down" week.

I think last Friday's WI was 210.5. Day of surgery (Monday) was 209.6. That night was 216.9. Now, I'm back down to 210.8. Figured it'd be crazy with all the stuff going on.

Exercise, I managed the treadmill Wednesday and Thursday and went "once around the track" or a 1/4 of a mile, each day. Wednesday I was going about .8 of a mile an hour and it took me almost 17 minutes to do it. Yesterday I went 1 mile an hour and it took me just over 15 minutes to do it. Then come to find out I'd had the treadmill set for a 2% incline both days! Hooray for me!! LOL!

Diet, I'm still on shakes til Sunday the 7th so we'll see how the week goes. I may start adding low fat/low sodium broth to the mix to change it up a bit. I have the bipro whey Protein Isolate that I can add to get my Protein in. We'll see.

Off to court! Have a beautiful day everyone!! TTFN!!

congrats to everyone for ths weeks weight lost.

I stayed the same this week. I didn't get a chance to exercise at all this week due to meetings at work and rain. I got just got my fill and the go ahead to start lightly at the gym. I am hoping the scale will start moving down soon.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Edited by Claudine1975

Two weeks post-op, feeling very good and I lost 7 pounds in the last week for a total of 20. I have walked three miles everyday except Monday. I graduated to pureed food yesterday and it was wonderful to chew on something. My first fill is scheduled for 9/26. Good luck to all!

2 weeks post-op. i've lost 23lbs to date -- about 3.5 this week. (8 total since surgery.)

i'm start on solid food next week and i'm preparing myself for the weight loss to come to a screeching halt. my goal is just not to gain anything before my first fill on 9/19.

Last week - 279.5 lbs

This week - 279.8 lbs

.3 gain, but I started soft foods on Wednesday, so that's to be expected I suppose. Also, I'm not exercising like I should, but now that I'm gaining energy from getting more calories I'm going to change that!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Last week: 209

This week: 205

I finally started riding again - 10 miles roundtrip, five mile hill climb then 4 miles down and a mile around the hood for kicks. Just to get an even 10. :biggrin:

Walking pretty much every day, and we went out to dinner and I had a salad - whoohooo! And I ate about 1/3 of an appetizer as dinner. No restriction but I'm certainly rarely hungry. I don't have a fill until late September so I hope things continue the same way!

Gotta update my sig! :rolleyes: