Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Concerns about Kirshenbaum?

wow, you must really not like him. you've posted a few times about how you did not like him..

as others have mentioned in a different thread you initially posted negatively in 2007 ... hopefully it hasnt taken you THIS LONG with Dr. Snyder... ???

i think i smell something fishy... hmmmm

Edited by losingjusme

hmmm.... I felt "safe" because even with doing hundreds of lap band procedures he has only had 2 patients with complications. One was due to a manufacturing problem with the band, and the other was a slip because the patient overate and did not follow instructions. I would rather have someone with his experience and track record. Too bad that it took you over a year to schedule surgery with your other doc. The day i called I was able to schedule with Dr. K. and I had to wait less than 2 months. :smile2:

You know, ColoradoCrazy, we're on to you. All you've ever posted about is not liking Dr. Kirshenbaum. It seems that someone who is about to be banded would be more positive and focused on their new lifestyle. Strangely, though, you're stuck on badmouthing another surgeon, so much so that you've posted negatively about him the same time last year. It must've been some consult to impact you so much that you're still on about it a year later. Even more strangely, you appear to be the only person who had this experience.

As you may have noticed, Dr. Kirshenbaum has had enough happy patients to inspire multiple threads here. Many of us have referred others to him, because we have been so pleased with his combination of experience, compassion and affordability. So whatever you're trying to accomplish here, it's not likely to work. And if you are doing this solely to recruit patients elsewhere -- where there's smoke, there's fire and you have never responded to anybody -- it's a pretty underhanded and tacky thing to do.

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Okay... You've got me! :biggrin: You're "on to me!" My goodness! I wasn't attacking you, so please don't take my criticism of Dr. K so personally. I'm glad you have had a great experience!

The reason I was asking about Dr. K is that I was/am very worried. I'm not "out to get him" Maybe he was having a bad day that day...I wanted validation that he is a good/bad doctor... as for waiting a year to ask about him, I recently discovered this site again... I haven't logged in in about a year and didn't remember that particular post... I wasn't "bad" mouthing him... that was my personal and my husband's experience with him. And as far as me having to wait a year to actually be scheduled for my surgery. I have had some insurance difficutlies... so maybe you shouldn't just "type" things without not knowing the entire story. I wish you the best of luck with your progress.

I never actually spoke with him, but was not very impressed with his office. I had seen his website and read people say how great he was so I really wanted him to do my surgery. I was on a time crunch since I was going to be traveling in the end of August and wanted to have it done prior to then and have time to heal before I traveled. The earliest they could get me in for JUST a consultation was 4 weeks and then they said another 6 weeks-8 weeks from there for surgery. Even after I asked if they could please squeeze me in they basically said it could not be done.... so I went else where. You are not the only one who did not get a good vibe. I did not get that you were bad mouthing anyone... just voicing your opinion. Good for you!

I guess that is why there are multiple surgeons out there. I also visited Dr. S, and you know what? With all the extra cost, your paying for his fancy office. I don't need anything fancy, just enough to get the job done. And Dr. K has done a fine job at that...I am down 75 pounds in 8 months.

You are having surgery with Dr. Snyder next week. Why don't you spend your time and energy focusing on that? Once you select your surgeon, it is time to move on in the process. I met Dr. Snyder also, he could not have been nicer in answering my questions. But, I ultimately felt more comfortable with Dr. Kirshenbaum.

I loved dr k.

And he gives his cell number after surgery so if u have any problems u call him directly I work in a hospital and that is unheard of..even if u had open heart surgery the doc is not giving his private number

You know... Everyone else has made this a BIG deal and I never thought that voicing MY OPINION would be taken so personally... I never insulted any individuals or Dr. K... my opinion was what it was... So I never even imagined that I would be putting my "energy" into defending myself. Everyone can make choices and you chose Dr.K... good for you... I choose Dr. S... that doesn't mean, I'm attacking anyone. I'm so excited about next week, that this is not gettin me "down" at all!! Good Luck with your success!

I chose Dr. Snyder over Dr. K too. I think it's great that we live in a city with so many great choices in surgeons. Besides Dr. S and Dr. K I went to 2 other seminars and went where I felt was the best fit for me. Not everyone has to get a 'good vibe' at the same place. It's great everyone loves their dr. so much, that's a good thing, but we don't all have to love the same dr. The after care and support I have gotten at Dr. Snyder's is awesome. Two months post op my gall bladder went on the fritz and he removed that for me as well. I was very comforted going back to him since he knew my band, etc. That's not to say the aftercare is not good elsewhere, I have no experience with it to judge or know. I just know I have never regretted my decision to go with Dr. Snyder, just as those don't regret Dr. K. It's just awesome to have had the choice to make, I think we are very lucky to have the choice.

I will tell you why Dr K's patients LOVE him so much: For so many patients that don't have insurance or their insurance excludes WLS, Dr K is an affordable option here in the US. With Dr K, you can have surgery in the comfort and safety of the good 'ole USA. It is important to Dr K that people have another option other than going to Mexico. For under $10,000, Dr. K has a package that includes everything you need except your travel expenses for the one trip to Denver. Now, beyond the basic economics of using Dr K when you don't have insurance, there are more great things about him. He is FANTASTIC!!! I had a concern (that was nothing) on a Saturday and I paged him. He called me 1 minute later to help me. He called in a prescription and he called me back the next day (on a Sunday) to check on me. I have NEVER had another doctor (much less a surgeon) care about me in that way. And you ought to have seen my incisions. They were perfect. This guy really knows what he's doing. He is one of the most experienced laproscopic surgeons in Colorado. He does many lapbands, but he also does other abdominal surgeries (gall bladder removals, hernia repairs and the like). Sure his office is not fancy, but it is clean and perfectly fine with me. The surgical center he uses is very nice too. His staff is as nice as they can be. They are very considerate about working with me when I fly in for fills, and my plane is late. He is also an excellent fill doctor. He really has a good touch with fills. I can't say enough good things about him. I'm sorry you had a bad feeling about him, but I have more information than "just a feeling". I have a 10 month relationship with him and his office and I couldn't be more pleased. I just couldn't possibly be more pleased. Good luck with your surgery. I hope you will be as pleased with yours as I am with mine.