Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I sit......

Here I sit, sliming in my wastebasket at work for 2 hrs. It's OK, it's a one person office. I had to turn away 2 clients (I'm a massage therapist) because I though I could eat a chicken leg, about the size of a pigeon leg, real quick and get back to work. It's my own fault but I'm still wondering about a slight unfill. I have 2.5 in a 4 cc band and my last fill was 8/7. I'm so excited to be 4 lbs away from onederland I hate to slow the progress but this is the second time this has happened (real bad) since the last fill and this is an absolutely horrible feeling. I probably just need to go lay down on my massage table and forgive myself for being an idiot! So much for finger chicken, it's back to a knife and fork for me. Thanks for letting me vent, I would be thankful for any recommendations.

Sally:unsure:

Well, if you are sliming because of eating too fast, your fill is fine.

But the other time this happened, were you eating too fast or too big of bites? If it happened when you ate slow and small pieces, it may be time for an unfill.

Try walking around some, bouncing, it can help wiggle it down.

Hi:

Eating too fast does it to me almost every time! Yipes.

If your portion sizes are okay and you don't have a problem except when you eat too fast, you probably don't need a fill.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sue

Thanks,

I'm feeling better now. Guess I will tough it out a little longer and try to behave myself better. I'm not eating much but sometimes I do get really hungry and want to just gobble it down because I'm in a hurry. Crazy schedules keep me from eating on a regular basis so it's either eat when your not hungry or go another 3 or 4 hours and be really hungry. It's all good though, I'm the incredible shrinking woman, yeah!

I just turned in my pperwk and I hope to get banded soon BUT I already do this -- still being FAT with no band. It is usually my first bite when I sit down to eat. It only happens occasionally. But "sliming" is EXACTLY how I would describe it, my chest hurts but It's not like choking@#$

What is this called?

agreat- I know what you mean, if I let myself get to the 'I'm starving' point, I will definitely eat too fast- every time.

What I do to try to avoid that, anytime I get even a little hungry, I will eat something (small). I keep granola bars in my desk at work and will just tear off a corner, or eat 1 cracker, etc.

It will definitely help, not to let yourself get to the starving point.

Hi Stacy,

Guess it is just stuck food and our body telling us to S L O W down. Good luck on the process of getting banded, no matter what, it is worth it! I just took a bunch of clothes to the consignment shop because they are too big, yeah. I will never go back to that size again.

Sally

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now go and buy those new things in a REGULAR store -- I SWEAR I will NEVER EVER go into Lane Bryant after I lose this weight :-)

Thanks,

I'm feeling better now. Guess I will tough it out a little longer and try to behave myself better. I'm not eating much but sometimes I do get really hungry and want to just gobble it down because I'm in a hurry. Crazy schedules keep me from eating on a regular basis so it's either eat when your not hungry or go another 3 or 4 hours and be really hungry. It's all good though, I'm the incredible shrinking woman, yeah!

I know that 'gobble it down' feeling very well. It usually hits me between 3:30 and 5 PM. I use the Protein that I have to drink to counter that. I can't STAND Protein shakes, so I get these IDS New whey Protein test tubes from GNC instead and drink one throughout the day. I usually drink about a third of it at around 9 AM - when I get my first 'cravings' of the day. I then drink another small amount about 30 minutes before lunch because I dont get enough protein with my lunch. Then, I finish it off on the way home from work. By the time I get home, I'm not longer ravenous and am able to prepare dinner without eating it all before it's even cooked!