Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Watson pricing???

Perthchick, I dont know if I am the norm but I have found it very easy. It was like along with the band a switch was flicked in my brain and suddenly I became sane and rational about food instead of wanting to eat bucket loads. I have taken up exercise and the weight has just fallen off, I never in my wildest imagination thought I would have come this far so soon but I am very happy.

I still have moments when I eat too fast and it comes back up but they are becoming fewer and further and I dont even bother to try and eat before about 12.40 each day, I am learning what works and its all good.

I dont need another fill until next year now so thats great.

I hope everything goes well for you and you have success too, we all deserve it.

Nat, that is such a good result. I am glad to hear you can't eat in the morning. I have been battling to eat before lunch and I was worried there was something wrong with me, glad to hear you have the sme problem. I really only drink Water before lunch, then eat hourly after that.

Congratulations again :lol:

Nat,

I've been meaning to ask you for ages - when did you get banded?

HI girls, Gosh all of your stories are so inspiring and I am so looking forward to this op. I know it sounds a little ocd but I have never wanted anything more than this...ok maybe when it came to the birth of my son I wanted that a little bit more lol lol But I am sooo ready to loose this weight. It is like the body does not match the person that is inside. if you know what I mean? I feel like over the years I have lost who I am, because I have become so over weight....it's like the fat has sucked the life right out me!!!! :angry:I just want to be able to run around with my boy, and for my husband not to feel embarrassed when we go out....even though he says that he doesn't. I know that he loves me with all his heart and wouldn't hurt me at all, but I think that I feel embarrassed with the way that I look. I feel embarrased for him, I guess.:lol: I want to be proud of myself for achieving my goals and not let anyone down, especially myself.

Anyway, it's late and I will be getting up early again as the little man just has not quite understood that sometimes mummy just wants to lie in till 7.00am!!! lol oh well wouldnt' want to be without him.

I think that I will call Dr. Watson's receptionist and speak with her....have also considered changing health funds, if it were possible?? lol

Just FYI in case your insurance doesn't cover you. I was banded with Dr Watson in December last year but I didn't have private health insurance at the time, so went the fully self-pay routine. All up, including hospital, anaesthetist, Dr Watson and various medications, etc, it cost me $12,700, of which Medicare refunded about $1500, so about $11,200 out of pocket. Fills cost $150 a visit, but Medicare covers $100 of that (and I would guess private insurance covers the rest?? not sure about that).

It was a lot of money but SOOOOOO worth it to me! I'd pay it again in a heartbeat!

Nat,

I've been meaning to ask you for ages - when did you get banded?

Hi Lellow,

19th march was my banding date.

Cherry blue when I seen my Dr I asked him about not eating in the morning and he said I should only eat when I am hungry. This is what I do now and it works for me, sometimes I have lunch some days I dont feel like it so I dont. People worry about it more than I do as they still have the idea that you must eat 3 good meals a day. I am far from starving and I have loads of energy, I dont think i would have that if I was not eating enough.

HI girls, Gosh all of your stories are so inspiring and I am so looking forward to this op. I know it sounds a little ocd but I have never wanted anything more than this...ok maybe when it came to the birth of my son I wanted that a little bit more lol lol But I am sooo ready to loose this weight. It is like the body does not match the person that is inside. if you know what I mean? I feel like over the years I have lost who I am, because I have become so over weight....it's like the fat has sucked the life right out me!!!! :angry:I just want to be able to run around with my boy, and for my husband not to feel embarrassed when we go out....even though he says that he doesn't. I know that he loves me with all his heart and wouldn't hurt me at all, but I think that I feel embarrassed with the way that I look. I feel embarrased for him, I guess.:biggrin: I want to be proud of myself for achieving my goals and not let anyone down, especially myself.

Anyway, it's late and I will be getting up early again as the little man just has not quite understood that sometimes mummy just wants to lie in till 7.00am!!! lol oh well wouldnt' want to be without him.

I think that I will call Dr. Watson's receptionist and speak with her....have also considered changing health funds, if it were possible?? lol

perthchick somewhere on this site there is a reply from me that is almost word for word what you have just written. I know exactly how you feel about all of those issues and I now also know that coming out the other side and feeling good about myself is so awesome. I walk tall next to my husband and dont hide in the next aisle if we meet someone at the shop he knows. You have a lot to look forward to. The grass is definitely greener on the other side.:lol::lol: