Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Fills Help

Hello All,

I am new to this site I was banned 7/23 and I am on my second fill I now have 4ccs and I do not fill thight I can still eat more than a cup of food I am wonder if anything is wrong

I was banded in Dec-07 and am just now getting to where I want to be regarding fills. Everytime you get a fill you will have to readjust to eating. It's like starting over you really don't know what will and will not work. I am filled 6.5 cc's and will be getting another 9/17. The first three weeks was a big adjustment and now I am ready to be filled again. I use the gladware 2 cup containers so the measuring is done already. My meals are from 1 1/2 to 2 cups of food. It is only during the 1st week after a fill do I feel full from only 1 cup of food.

So far I have dropped 76 lbs. I journal everything I eat and exercise like crazy. I was a weight watcher member for 2 years and am continuing to use the points program. I think the most important part of being banded is working with the band and using it as a tool to help stay on a good program like weight watchers. You must be aware of the calories you are getting to really know what is working and what isn't.

I needed 5 fills to get the restriction I needed. Once I got that restriction I could only eat small amounts of food, and started losing weight. Remember that this is normal for the lap band. It can take a while to get it working right. You are doing just fine and I promise you, if you are diligent about getting the fills you need, you will start losing soon!

The feedback here is great. Thanks! I have had two fills and feel really restricted in the morning. By night, I have no restriction. Anyone else have this happen to them? Does it mean I need another fill soon?I am afraid I may have too much restriction with another one.

I was banded before you, July 9th, and I got nadda. I might just as well have thrown my $200 for a fill out the window and drove 5 hours to get it. They didnt ask me to bring documentation to prove which band I had, or I would have gotten it, so I only got 1.8 cc fill so far.

At least you have some restriction. I have none, zero and feeling pissed off about all of this. I have a cruise in a week and a half and cant get back there to throw another $200 at the problem before I leave so Im facing the temptations of a cruise with no help from this expensive band. Im self pay. Im upset tonight and came here, so dont mind me.

wouldnt be so bad, but I asked the fill doctor are you SURE 1.8cc will be enough I can feel some restriction and twice she said YES she was sure. Cant trust doctors. Obviously she was wrong.

Sorry to hear about your frustration! Did you go to the same Dr for your fill and your surgery? My Dr has the band himself and really takes his time to talk to you and explain things. He told me he tends to be aggressive with his fills and I was glad. It is important to know what size band you have. I have a 10cc- I had 2cc 1st fill and then 3cc second fill. My Dr dropped my insurance right after my surgery but is working with me. There are some good,caring Docs out there. Try to find one. Anyway, try to enjoy your cruise. LUCKY!!! The 24 lbs you lost is a great start! We have only just begun! Keep reading-it helps! Hope you feel better!

Edited by Barb12590

No, I went to Mexico for my surgery, self pay. I wrote 10 cc on the paper, I knew what I had. But when she put in 3 cc fill, when the barium didnt go into my stomach, she decided I didnt know what I was talking about and must have misunderstood, so she took almost all the fill out, so gave me a usual fill for a 4 cc band.

Im sure the fill doctor is a nice person and she only does fills on Saturdays because she knows how it is to get banded in Mexico and have trouble finding a fill doctor. She doesnt take you until after you have been banded for at least 5 weeks and then our schedules didnt match, so Im on my own until sept 27th. She was banded herself in Mexico her husband said. She does the whole thing, fluor and barium swallow, and got worried because 3 cc I was too tight for and its not too tight for most with a 10 cc band. So she decided my surgeon had said the band was 10 cm across in diameter, not a 10 cc band and took out way too much of the fill. My surgeon recommended a 2.5 cc fill for the first fill. Im just in a panic because of the cruise coming up. Will power aint going to cut it and I can eat anything, there isnt any food I cant eat because of my band so far. I was also hoping that my clothes would fit better, they still look too tight to be attractive on my cruise. Im insulin resistant so losing weight is hard enough for me. Just feeling all around frustrated tonight.