Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

hi toosy my birthdays the 13th and im banded oct 20th.did bcbs pay 100 percent on yhr test to,i know i have 100 percent on surgery

Hi all!

I have my first appointment with the Surgeon October 2. My Surgery date is October 20. I was wondering if you guys had any idea how long I will be on the pre-diet before surgery? Will he put me on the pre-diet the day after our first appointment on the 2nd? I am just trying to wrap my head around what my game plan is.

Thank you....I also have BCBS of NJ PPO

Ruby124,

From what I have gathered from reading everyone's posts it really depends on your doctor. My doctor has me on a two week liquid diet prior to the day of surgery. Others I've read get to do Atkins or have a couple of shakes and a lean cuisine. I also think it depends on your weight and if he wants you to lose any before surgery. My doctor's goal was to get my bmi to under 50 before surgery...which thankfully I've just gotten under. Is there someone you know that has used your doctor? You could even call the office and I'm sure someone would give you an round about answer at least!

Congratulations on your surgery date!! I know you are stoked about it! You'll do great!

Hope I helped shed a little light....but I'm a newbie and don't know a whole lot!

Thanks meschultz for the words of encouragement!

I'll be praying that all goes well for you tomorrow!

Post when you feel up to it!

Lisa

Thanks, Mississippi!

I guess I am just anxious to get that first appointment with the surgeon in so I know more about what the next coming days will bring. Now I wonder what my Doc will want me to do. Whatever it is I plan on following it to a tee.

I'm glad you met your first goal shrinking your BMI. Good for you!

I'm wondering what you guys are doing for your "liquid" diet. I see my nutritionist on Thursday and my Doctor too. I'm wondering if we can have Soups (blended I guess) or what? I'm guessing the protien shakes begin too. I'm already been having one for Breakfast for the past few weeks. They aren't too bad.....but...for 3 meals a day. Yikes. How are you guys doing this?

LOL...I should be so ashamed. I don't sound grateful at all do I? I am though. I'm lucky to be alive and have the opportunity to be banded. I've got to keep reminding myself that two weeks of liquid before surgery isn't a big deal. right? :thumbup:

Yes, I am to be banded on 10/14. I start my restricted pre-op diet tomorrow. I had "Butterfinger" for my last supper! Really, my appetite has been less than normal. Maybe it (my mind and appetite) have already prepared for the next couple of months. I went to a support group meeting tonight. Everyone seemed so glad they had done this. Some were up to 2.5 years past surgery. One had last 205 pounds. I suppose those who don't do well don't come to the support group so it is probably a biased group. Still, it did give me a feeling of confidence.

My surgery date is October 16. I start 2 weeks of liquid diet tomorrow, Oct. 1st. Don't know how that will go; I'm thinking it will be pretty difficult. But many of you have gotten through it, and I will too. I will be banded at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, MI by Dr. Farhan.

Good luck and much success to all of us October Bandsters!!

Here I go... See you all on the banded side :cursing:

take care everyone.. and good luck to all other OCT 1st people..

and if I dont post before then good Luck and best wishes to all OCT 2nd :mellow: take care and be well :cool2:

I'm wondering what you guys are doing for your "liquid" diet. I see my nutritionist on Thursday and my Doctor too. I'm wondering if we can have Soups (blended I guess) or what? I'm guessing the protien shakes begin too. I'm already been having one for breakfast for the past few weeks. They aren't too bad.....but...for 3 meals a day. Yikes. How are you guys doing this?

LOL...I should be so ashamed. I don't sound grateful at all do I? I am though. I'm lucky to be alive and have the opportunity to be banded. I've got to keep reminding myself that two weeks of liquid before surgery isn't a big deal. right? :cursing:

I only had to do a week and it was rough. But do what I did...I had pics taken of me in a bra and underwear. Front, side and back. I kept them in my email and looked at them when I was feeling weak. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just keep thinking of your surgery being cancelled (after you've already been cut open) because your liver is too fatty.

Stay on here and we'll walk you through it!

Good luck! You are so similar too me. My BMI is 35.1 and my surgery is going to be on 10/14. I will be keeping track of what is going on with you. Hopefully we will begin 2009 feeling great and looking wonderful in a size or two smaller!

My surgery date is October 16. I start 2 weeks of liquid diet tomorrow, Oct. 1st. Don't know how that will go; I'm thinking it will be pretty difficult. But many of you have gotten through it, and I will too. I will be banded at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, MI by Dr. Farhan.

Good luck and much success to all of us October Bandsters!!

In response, I will say the first two days were absolutely horrible for me....since then it has gotten so so much easier. Especially when you see some pounds coming off and you get all those "bad" foods out of your system you lose the craving. The only thing I am missing is chewing food. I drink a slimfast optima for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I eat sf popsicles, Jello, koolaid, Water the rest of the time. I can have chicken broth, but I'm not a big fan of it! You can do this! I've lost 16lbs in like 9 days and already feeling like I have way more energy than I used to. My husband normally did all the cooking for our family because I never felt like it after work, well it is ironic now that I can't eat I have the energy and have been cooking their meals!

Just be optimistic and say "I can do anything for two weeks!!" Just set some mini goals....

Good Luck!