Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

think thats what the dietician was surpose to give you.me i can eat 3 meals a day meat and 1 4th cup frozen or fresh veg or sugarfree fruit cocktail each meal.so isnt to bad.

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass;

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk;

October 10- morkiecoco

October 11-

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood;

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; myturn

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30;

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc

October 18-

October 20-nazzy

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015

October 28-

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo

October 30-NFaith; kygirl31

October 31-

In some ways, I AM excited about the diet because I know it's a means to an end. If I said I thought it would be easy, I would be lying as I wouldn't be in the shape that I'm in!

WE can do it!

~~anne

My thoughts and prayers are with: shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz as they get ready for their surgery tomorrow! Also, with the doctors and healthcare staff as well as family members.

~~anne

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow. I'm so glad we finally reached October. I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone as we reach the other side and the new starts to our lives!

How is everyones Pre-Op diet going? Im on day 3 :thumbdown:

Mine is going pretty well. A couple of small slips, and a business lunch I couldn't avoid, but otherwise I am on track and ready to go. :cursing:

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. :thumbdown: and then one week from tomorrow is my surgery!

I am scared! My husband is also having this done. His date is this Tuesday. Keep us in your prayers. We haven't had surgery before so we are pretty concerned it. :cursing:

Lisa

Good luck to all of you October 1st bandsters!!

I will say a prayer that all goes well tomorrow for everyone!:thumbdown:

Please post as soon as you feel up to it and let us know all is well with each of you.

Renita

Lisa,

My husband had never had surgery before either and he was banded last Wednesday. he is doing fantastic and he said he did not experience as much discomfort as he thought he would. He returned to work on Monday and has bee doing fine.. Try not to get to nervous, but make sure you let your doctor know if you are anxious maybe they can give you something that day to calm your nerves..

My surgery is tomorrow and I know even thought I know how well his went I am still a bit anxious ...

Good lUCk to you and hubby..

take care

I am scheduled to be banded Oct 7th. I have been on my 2 weeks liquid diet for exactly one week now! I have lost 12 pounds just switching from solids to liquids! I am missing the whole eating solids though, but only have one week til surgery then I don't think I'll mind the liquids so much. Good luck to everyone! :thumbdown:

Just curious, what do you plan to do about things like when your are on liquids or mushies? I was thinking about that today myself.

~~anne

Anne -

Luckily, they don't happen very often and my boss is aware of what I'm doing (only 3 at work do). Yesterday, I only ate lunch all day and tried to choose carefully.

I am actually taking the whole week following my surgery off, so that helps with the liquid phase. Not sure what I'll do if one happens the following week. Potentially - lie and say I can't go - or actually give an honest reason. Not sure I like either option.

Best of luck to everyone who is being banded tomorrow: shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz I know you will all do great! I wish you an easy surgery and a pain free recovery!! :thumbup:

Please keep us up to date on your progress!!

Everyone else~hang in there it is almost our time!! :drool:

I have my Date of October 8th!!! It's the day after my 56th birthday! This will be my best present to myself ever, I hope. BC/BS has approved me and they are paying 100% of the cost. I've been jumping through their hoops since Mother's Day though. I've also been on a liquid Protein pre-op diet for 3 weeks and must stay on it until the surgery to shrink my liver.