Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS hair growth

I'm sure you guys already have loads of threads on this...only i seem to not getting anything straight with the search function (sorry in advance!)

legend.jpeg

First off, i've always been a hairy girl... (not too much fun when you're a teenager) but i was able to deal with my tash and never had to go in to public looking like tom sellecks weird twin sister....

But since going off bc last year I have developed what can only be diagnosed as a small goatee... not to mention horrible hairs all down my throat! what can i do? I try plucking but that doesnt work and leaves little black dotw on my chin and throat. shaving is worse. waxing doesnt seem to actually get the littel buggers (although still works fine on my tash)

This really bothers me!!!!

what do you girls do??

:cursing:

There is a place in my town called the waxing studio that Only does waxing ( dont go to the nail salons find a spa or something that does it ) and i go every other week for a full wax , chin , stash and eye brows , and then between those weeks I go in and they do nothing but PLUCK my chin.

BUT I was doing laser hair removal from my docs office, before surgery and i was up to 12 sessions !! Soon as I get the money Im giong to go back . it DID Slow down my growth . But I think what i might do is go to one of those places that "gurantee" it wont go back . BUT if you do that you CANT tell them you have PCOS. Some places ASK You , but some dont. If you tell them you have PCOS they wont gurantee you it wont grow back . IF they gurantee it you can get as many sessions as needed until its gone !!!

HTH

Mindy

i always thought it was because im latin and must've been my genes! i was soooo wrong! i haven't been officially dx'd with PCOS, i have all the symptoms, except the acne, and im going to a new doc this tuesday, and will demand bloodwork<- sorry just had to share!

anyway, i have laser treatments done. i've got a guaranteed package deal that includes six sessions and if anything grows back within two years, they take care of it for free. well, i just had my 5th session...i get my entire face done with the exception of my forehead & nose; everything has slowed down a whole lot and when hair does grow, its not as thick. what i am having concerns about are my sideburns...not as bad as before, but it would be nice for those suckers to stop growing!!!

colton's right, if you do go in for laser, don't tell them about the PCOS, or tell them about any meds you might be taking...:tongue:

Every week Coltonwade?? Wow thats got to be expensive! I guess I will have to wait till I can afford laser... I've tried waxing myself but the chin hairs dont budge!!! I've been too embarrassed to go to a salon and try but maybe they willl be able to do it even though I can't! :tongue:

thanks guys for answering!

The plucking gets so old. It's like I'm plucking everyday! I can't imagine getting it waxed that often though, it would be too pricey. I keep a tweezer in my purse because you never know when you'll notice something.

Every week Coltonwade?? Wow thats got to be expensive! I guess I will have to wait till I can afford laser... I've tried waxing myself but the chin hairs dont budge!!! I've been too embarrassed to go to a salon and try but maybe they willl be able to do it even though I can't! :smile:

thanks guys for answering!

The Waxers at the salon can see better than you can , Even if you go ever other week , they can get more and do a better job than you can at home. My BIG problem was my chin . But it is about the same price , or evens out as a laser would . I realize that. But I am not going do to do laser until i lose all my weight, there just isnt any point. You do too many treatments when if waiting until the weight is gone you dont have to go through as many .

I started it before weight loss and i was up to WAY too many treatments and stopped, So now im not even gonna bother . FYI docs offices in Austin are cheaper than those spa type places for Laser hair remvoal . I us to bleach my mustache area a long time ago , it worked well, when it was just that area that needed it.

HTH

Mindy

The plucking gets so old. It's like I'm plucking everyday! I can't imagine getting it waxed that often though, it would be too pricey. I keep a tweezer in my purse because you never know when you'll notice something.

When I go get everything waxed, eye brows, Lip Chin they charge me $45

To get just the plucking its $10 .

its not too bad. I REFUSE to go to a nail salon to do it , they are not trained well and have no idea what they are doing. I go to a liscensed anesthetist so its a little more .

Mindy

Thank you for a most delicious pic of Mr. Stud:)

I had laser hair removal, but because of my hormone imbalance, it all grew back. Granted, I only had 4 treatments instead of 6, but I doubt even that would've done any good. I'm just going to have to see if losing weight helps any. Then I can go back for more laser removal.

i have a date w/ncis every tuesday night lol i tivo it and after i get the kids in bed I snuggle up in bed w/my tweezer and special agent gibbs ROFL

also i use a cream my doc prescribed called vaniqa and i notice a BIG drop in the Hair growth but had let my script lapse and stopped using it. I just started doing it again last week and it's already slowing down quite a bit. The only bad thing is it is expensive (like 60/tube) if it isnt on your insurance formulary.

hth