Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded on monday the 25th

my surgery is at 730 tommorow also im surr all of us will manage well but im still terified lol i keep thinking what if sumthing happens and i dont wake up but im still sure ill be fine to every1 being banded on the 25th wish u all well and lets keep each other posted as to how we are doing best wishes ps restless i hope everything goes well for you the second time around.

I remember we could have macadamia nuts on Atkins but i don't like almonds and so don't remember. My thing is, I did NOT do what doc said. You are! Stick with doc's orders and I'm sure you'll do fine!

Good Luck to all getting banded on August 25th!!!!!!

my surgery is at 730 tommorow also im surr all of us will manage well but im still terified lol i keep thinking what if sumthing happens and i dont wake up but im still sure ill be fine to every1 being banded on the 25th wish u all well and lets keep each other posted as to how we are doing best wishes ps restless i hope everything goes well for you the second time around.

Thank goodness someone else feels like me. I'm starting to worry big time. It doesn't help that I have anxiety I suppose. I'm not so much worried about not waking up, I'm just a big baby when it comes to surgery. When I had my cardiac cath procedure in April I was a mental wreck. Of course they were messing my body's main artery and my heart directly so that was freaky! I was tearing up and crying a bit the whole time till they knocked me out. I just don't like the IV and all the "prep" stuff they do. If I could just walk in and get knocked out I'd be much happier. I just felt like a baby for crying, but I hadn't had surgery since I was 7. They kept asking me what was wrong, I just said I was real nervous. This time the nurse told me to tell them how I reacted before, and she'll give me a "cocktail" right after the IV is in. I guess that will help!

I'm down 15lbs in 3 week on Atkins, so assume my liver will be good by the time they to to work on me. I go in 4:45am and surgery at 7am. Wow...just about 12hrs away!! I'm nervous but excited to see the "new me".

Do any of you have to stay overnight? I found out Friday that I do....for some reason that made me worry more. My mom said it was better because I'd be hooked up to a pain pump. Just the thought of spending the night FREAKS ME OUT! :(

I agree you should tell the anesthetist about your anxiety issues.

My insurance requires an overnight stay, too. For the Lap Band I am not so sure you get a pain pump. Congratulations on your 15 pound loss. I am trying to do Atkins, too, but haven't had the dramatic results you have!!

Mimi

The overnight stay is just smart, my surgeon requires everyone stay overnite. His nurse told me "You can be dancing down the halls postop and you are STILL staying overnight" That's just to make sure we're doing really good before he turns us loose.

Well, I had my band put in on Monday. Came home yesterday. No real pain until last night. Started on my Lortab Elixir. Great stuff. Finally started 'tinkeling" again yesterday afternoon and a lot last night. Have been able to swallow my regular meds. This was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Just trying to get into a routine with the shakes, etc. Don't see doctor for 2 weeks. Hope I will have lost weight!!

Hi All!! I am back from being Banded!!! I went to Mexico with Dr. Huacuz. He was so professional and great! I am doing pretty good. I seem to have a lot of air bubbles in my stomach it makes it hard to know if I am full or not. I hope that goes away. I actually went to work for a few hours today they just can't keep me away...so I am just trying to get used to shakes and getting protien in. Can't wait to taste some real food again. Haven't lost anything from before I left, but I am hopeful.

I got a fill the day after the band was placed and boy that was a strange experience. I almost passed out.

I hope to hear from others! Be well