Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bladder Infections.

Have you had more bladder infections...or some after being banded due to more sex...or anything else. Here's some helpful info on them.

http://www.sexinfo101.com/sh_bladinfect.shtml

Edited by Froggi
wrong link LOL

Thanks Froggi. I do get them every time I have sex. I wouldn't be having it at all if it weren't for losing weight. I was too self conscience about my weight to even look for a bf. As soon as I felt better about myself, I put a profile on match and now have a wonderful guy in my life.

I do pee immediately after and take cranberry pills and do everything anyone suggests. Nothing has been working

I went to the urologist and he game me an antibiotic to take before sex and it gave me a yeast infection. I tried the over the counter stuff and got pills from my dr. and could not get rid of it. Then I read online to make supositories from boric acid and I have been using those every night and it's better.

I'm glad you found something that is working for you. :)

I am glad that it's cheap. those pills to take for a yeast infection were

$5 each, and it kept coming back anyway.

Don't know if I will get another bladder infection from sex. I am going away for a week and my body will have a chance to rest from all these problems. After that, I will try taking the pills to prevent a bladder infection and hope it works.

I was banded on May7,2008. I have my first bladder infection and boy is it bad. I've got 101.9 fever and had a horrible night. I wasn't able to see my doctor that banded me and I question if it's ok to take alot of Advil. I got an antibiotic that is liquid but I'm taking Advill every 4 hours to help with the fever. Is this OK?

You actually aren't supposed to take Advil. It supposedly can burn a hole in your pouch. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of Water so it goes down into your stomach and does not sit in your pouch.

I was banded on May7,2008. I have my first bladder infection and boy is it bad. I've got 101.9 fever and had a horrible night. I wasn't able to see my doctor that banded me and I question if it's ok to take alot of Advil. I got an antibiotic that is liquid but I'm taking Advill every 4 hours to help with the fever. Is this OK?

my surgeon has no problem with me or my husband taking advil. in fact they recommend it after surgery in place of the pain meds they gave after surgery. they do recommend liquid as the pills are harder to swallow and as with all pain meds in moderation.

every surgeon is different so please ask yours.

Advil is not recommended for banders, even though that's not proven.

Advil is for muscle pains, so anytime my back flares up I still take it, but it's very rarely.

For fevers, always take tylenol. There's not contraversy on it, and tylenol is better for headaches/joint/fever.

LOL. I had to bust out laughing when I read this post!! I was banded almost 10 months ago. It was just in the last two months that we started having marathon sex again. Not that I'm complaining mind you....... but I had a problem with this over the weekend. I was drinking cranberry juice three times a day in addition to my Water. I have my Azo on standby, and a prescription for antibiotics as well. It's been years since I've had to worry about this..... Glory be!!!! My how things change. :thumbdown:

Where were you able to find liquid Advil? I'm in the midwest and haven't been able to find it anywhere, even Walmart and Kroger are unalbe to order it from their supplier. Thanks.

it is actually liquid ibuprophen for children. ask the pharmacist the dosage for your weight.

I see the urologist on Thurs. I am pretty sure I have another infection.

This is so freaking ridiculous it's not even funny.

I dare the urologist to say "well just stop having sex." I am making up for lost time!

Ya know, when I lived in Oregon, I went to a urologist in Tualatin (just outside of Portland) named Dr. Skeeters. I was getting bladder infections alot and he prescribed something that he called an "after diddle mint" and told me to take one each time we had sex and to be sure to go to the bathroom afterwards (to pee). I wish I could remember what the medication was. I just thought it was funny that he called it that. It did help!

Yea, I see the urologist tomorrow. I actually have had this problem for years. I had a long break between relationships though. The problem I have now is the antibiotic I take every time I have sex is causing yeast infections.

I just finished two rounds of very strong antibiotics for a kidney infection. Basically I had a UTI that I had NO symptoms of ( I mean nothing) and so since I felt fine it progressed up to my kidney. 2 1/2 weeks ago I ended up in the ER because the pain in my back was so severe !! Tests showed that my right kidney was enlarged from the infection. I am finally feeling better although I am still tired often.

Has anyone ever had a no symptom UTI that was caught by chance ? Or once it had progressed further ?

Obviously if I felt ill I would have gone to the dr. at the first signs. it is so scary that it progressed into an upper tract infection.

Since if a kidney infection is left untreated it can cause sepsis !!