Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post fill questions

I just had a fill on Thursday and I'm wondering is possibly I'm a little overfilled. My dietician at the surgeon's office said I should be able to eat approximately a cup of food at a time. Well since I got my fill I'm lucky to be able to eat 4 small spoonfulls at a time before I have to stop and come back later to try to take a few more bites. I could hardly get 1/4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese down today. I don't know if possibly I'm a tad overfilled. Will it get better as a few more days go buy, like maybe my stomach is a little swollen from the fill? What do you think?

Thanks!

I wish I felt like you I had my first fill last week and can still eat as much as without a fill. I never feel the fullness I just stop myself from eating because I know I have to. I can eat as much as I did before my lapband surgery which was July 3 of this year. I am loosing inches but not LBs it is very upsetting. I hope they next fills make it better.

I just had a fill on Thursday and I'm wondering is possibly I'm a little overfilled. My dietician at the surgeon's office said I should be able to eat approximately a cup of food at a time. Well since I got my fill I'm lucky to be able to eat 4 small spoonfulls at a time before I have to stop and come back later to try to take a few more bites. I could hardly get 1/4-1/2 cup of cottage cheese down today. I don't know if possibly I'm a tad overfilled. Will it get better as a few more days go buy, like maybe my stomach is a little swollen from the fill? What do you think?

Thanks!

I've had 3 fills now and have found that it takes from 2 to 4 weeks for the fill to "settle" in. I kept debating with my last fill if I should get some taken out but I am glad I didn't. It has been a month and I can now eat fairly normal. It is still a small amount and some days it is more than others but I'm glad I didn't go for the unfill. Give it a little time and see how you do. Good luck! :thumbup:

I got a bit upset with my 2nd fill. My Dr asked if it was really hunger I was having that made me feel I needed another fill? Hummm, I said all I know is it's the feeling I always got before I had the LB. I wasn't feeling restriction I didn't think!! (I'm so screwy when it comes to appetite and eating).

A new fill person tried to give me my 2nd fill. (I don't know how much he was going to put in--I get mute. When I did ask a question once it was side stepped.) anyway he couldn't find the port opening. The Dr came back in. Changed my position, had the needle about 10 inches from the port and wham!!! I asked my husband after "Do you think that went in the right spot??") I went home a bit upset and quess what I did? I messed myself up. I gained 2 lbs, felt no restriction, and fought negativity.

Three weeks passed, I got a grip, decided I would ask for another fill at my next visit 4wks. Basicly I decided to TRUST my Dr.

I ended up back on. I lost the 2 lbs plus .

Fills are funny things, it does take time for them to settle in as someone just posted.

I just don't want to eat much now. I prefer Protein Drinks and bars because they appeal to me more. Eat a good meal once a day, but don't really feel restriction, as much as food doesn't appeal.

I can't figure FILLS out, but I'm loosing slowwwly but loosing. YES!! love the Band!!!

I got a bit upset with my 2nd fill. My Dr asked if it was really hunger I was having that made me feel I needed another fill? Hummm, I said all I know is it's the feeling I always got before I had the LB. I wasn't feeling restriction I didn't think!! (I'm so screwy when it comes to appetite and eating).

The first person tried to give me a fill (I don't know how much he was going to put in--I get mute. When I did ask a question once it was side stepped.) anyway he couldn't find the port opening. The Dr came back in. Changed my position, had the needle about 10 inches from the port and wham!!! I asked my husband after "Do you think that went in the right spot??") I went home a bit upset and quess what I did? I messed myself up. I gained 2 lbs, felt no restriction, and fought negativity.

Three weeks passed, I got a grip, decided I would ask for another fill at my next visit 4wks. Basicly I decided to TRUST my Dr.

I ended up back on. I lost the 2 lbs plus .

Fills are funny things, it does take time for them to settle in as someone just posted.

I just don't want to eat much now. I prefer Protein drinks and bars because they appeal to me more. Eat a good meal once a day, but don't really feel restriction, as much as food doesn't appeal.

I can't figure FILLS out, but I'm loosing slowwwly but loosing. YES love the Band!!!

I had my first fill and feel nothing. The Dr yelled at me because I did not loose any weight but I told her I lost a bunch of inches and she said inches did not matter weight does. Well that stinks.

Dacer - I would say that as long as you're not puking up Water that you're okay with your fill. There could still be a bit of swelling after a fill - I know my doctor always tells me to drink liquids for 24 hours following a fill, just in case. My first fill was about a month after surgery. The doc put in 4 cc's for a total of 5 cc's in my band. Maybe I still had some swelling from my surgery because I couldn't even keep my spit down...I lost 10 pounds in 36 hours. I went back in a day and a half later and they took 2 cc's back out...then I was fine. It took about a month for that fill to "settle in"...and I was back a week ago today and he put .6 cc's in...so now I have 3.6 cc's in my band. I told him my clothes were looser and he said good...I already can feel the restriction more with this fill...and maybe it will get even better after a few more weeks and it settles in...but, don't give up yet...as long as you're able to keep liquids down, I'd say that you should be okay.

I had my third fill back on July 30th- and this is the third in three months- that's right, one a month. The first two fills were so-so. I had restriction, but somehow managed to unconsciously manipulate food into my stomach anyhow – my family termed it, “grazing.” I was eating all day, although slowly. I lost about 17 lbs on the first two fills. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

My third fill, though, sounds about like what you are describing, Dacer123. I have some VERY serious restriction right now. I can only eat about half a boiled egg for Breakfast and maybe a fourth a cup of food at a time. At first, I was thinking the same thing you’re thinking, “Am I overfilled?” But I asked myself some questions:<o:p></o:p>

1) Can I drink 64 oz of Water a day? Yes<o:p></o:p>

2) Can I eat without PBing? Yes (I’ve only PBed once since the surgery 4 months ago- made the mistake of gulping a glass of tea after eating a tortilla chip- talk about disgusting!)<o:p></o:p>

3) Am I still getting the amount of nutrients my Dr recommends? Yes<o:p></o:p>

4) Am I happy and comfortable? Absolutely!<o:p></o:p>

You see, I’m the kind of bandster that will take advantage of lesser restriction. My addiction to food is very thorough, so I need this kind of restriction to keep me on track. What do you think about yourself? Is this what you need, or will it only make you miserable?<o:p></o:p>

By the way- since July 30<SUP>th</SUP>, I’ve lost about 15 lbs. I’ve taken up exercising to keep my metabolism going and I drink my Protein religiously (it only takes a few days of skipping the Liquid Protein for me to turn into a pumpkin.) By the end of this week, I’ll have lost 60 lbs since the beginning of my lapband journey. When I hit 72 lbs lost (250 lbs), I’m taking my family to six flags to Celebrate and I’m actually going to ride a rollercoaster!<o:p></o:p>

Good luck with your band!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>