Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

height x weight = dress size?

Lulu,

Your stats are almost exactly the same as mine, started at 201, and my goal is 125. I also am 5'1" . I was wondering how long it took you to get to goal? I am 25 lbs. away and am totally stuck for about the last 2 weeks, have maybe lost 1 lb in that time. Any advice you could share I would truly appreciate. Its nice to be able to find another shorty that I can identify with, you are my new role model!

Tracy

sacramentospinnerchick

hi tracy, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

i was a SLOW loser at first - 25lbs the first 4 months, then 50lbs the 5 months afterwards. i'd like to lose more - but i just got realistic, that it might not happen (been a while since the scales has moved)...so hubby took the scale out of the house for 2 months to see how things go, while i train hard for a 5k in Oct/Nov/Dec. <o:p></o:p>

i found that around 1100 calories was the right number for me; and i workout with a trainer twice a wk, with 3 or 4 more additional days. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p>i carry my weight more below - butt/thighs vs the top which is very lean, same w/the tummy....looking for them all to be proportionate one day..LOL:tongue:</o:p>

lulu<o:p></o:p>

I totally agree that it depends on body size and shape. For example, I'm quite sure that my size would have been different at my current weight had I not had a baby and things have not been the same since! That being said, I'm 5'4, currently 154lbs and I can get into some 8's especially in a stretch denim but mostly a comfortable 10. I'm hoping for another 20lbs lost by Christmas and a comfortable 6. Believe me I never thought I would see the day I could wear an 8!I love my band!!!!

I'm 5'3, 158 and I am wearing medium/large tops (sometimes large because I am a bit busty at a 36 DD). My pants however are 10's & 12's depending on the cut. I am lean up top but have a pear shape and my butt/thigh area is not quite proportionate yet.

This has got to vary wildly for everyone...

I am 214lb and 6'0 and I wear a size 12 bottom/14 top.. or 14 bottom/14 top.. depending on the store.

My sister is 227lb and 5'10 and she wears a size 16 top and 18 bottom.

i am 5'2" and currently 155 or so. I have the junk in the trunk curse, so i have a smaller waist and big hips.

i wear 6 or 8 pants depending on the brand, medium shirts, and mostly size 8 dresses.

i think predicting what size you will be is impossible. when i weighed 155 before i gained to my heaviest weight, i wore a size 10. I am a much healthier and fit 155 this time around though.

I am 5'6 and weighed 224 lbs when I first started. I was size 18 then and XL on top. I am now at 135 lbs and I wear a size 2/4 and M on top.

Thanks all! It's interesting to see how two different people can have similar height and weight and be in totally different pant sizes. I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck in November and I'm hoping that will help (I have a LOT of loose skin).

Appreciate your insight!

On a slightly related note... I'm going to an amusement park on Saturday and have this fear that I won't fit in the seats. Please tell me I'm crazy and a 16 should fit in the seatbelts :)

~Lori

hi tracy, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

i was a SLOW loser at first - 25lbs the first 4 months, then 50lbs the 5 months afterwards. i'd like to lose more - but i just got realistic, that it might not happen (been a while since the scales has moved)...so hubby took the scale out of the house for 2 months to see how things go, while i train hard for a 5k in Oct/Nov/Dec. <o:p></o:p>

i found that around 1100 calories was the right number for me; and i workout with a trainer twice a wk, with 3 or 4 more additional days. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p>i carry my weight more below - butt/thighs vs the top which is very lean, same w/the tummy....looking for them all to be proportionate one day..LOL:tongue:</o:p>

lulu<o:p></o:p>

Hey Lulu,

So it took you approximately 9 months to hit goal? I would like to be a size 6 by October. I went shopping today and am in an 8, so I am hoping it is do-able. I just finished my first 5k on July 26, and my goal is to do one a month till the end of the year. :) I also work with a trainer 3 days a week, and spin the other 4, so working out isnt a problem. I have always had bigass syndrome so that is where my problem lies, it is just so hard to imagine that I could actually fit my badonkadonk into such a small size, but when I read your story, and see that it is so similar I feel like I may just be able to do it. Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Tracy

sacramentospinnerchick:lol:

The Tummy Tuck will help tremendously! I had one done before band journey 6 yrs ago. So even at my heaviest I still had a flatter stomach. You won't be able to stand up straight for about 3 weeks though and I slept in a recliner for the first full month. Worth it?? ABSOLUTELY!

I think yer crazy, size 16 will fit into a seat!! At size 22/24 and with my height I was able to squeeze into them (barely).

Thanks all! It's interesting to see how two different people can have similar height and weight and be in totally different pant sizes. I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck in November and I'm hoping that will help (I have a LOT of loose skin).

Appreciate your insight!

On a slightly related note... I'm going to an amusement park on Saturday and have this fear that I won't fit in the seats. Please tell me I'm crazy and a 16 should fit in the seatbelts :wink2:

~Lori

I was a size 20 when I went to the carnival, and I fit into the seats... so yea, 16 should definitely fit!

Teri

I am 5'2" and weigh curently 146 size 6/8/10, depending on who made it. They fit differently each week. my muscle % and Fat % change, this is a good thing that exersize does. My goal is 135, which will still put me in to top end of the normal,140 is still in the overwieght for me according to all the "charts" you see. I am healthy, started at 206. Tops is either a small or med. All my old tees are so long on me whenI put one on. I am still amazed. I have had 7 fills, 7.0cc in 10. Pretty satisfied with my eating now. I do dread the food Push season coming up on us. It will be a test of courage. I am sure I will be dragging one leg off of the wagon, but I will pull my self out!! I have come too far to blow this good thing. I would not give up my band for anything.. Good luck all on your goals.:tongue2:

I am 5'4" and wear a size 14-16 bottom and a 16-18 top. I am top heavy now. Just got jeans that are 14 petite. I have to lose more up top. I carry my weight from bust to hips, legs and arms much thinner than my middle. Sort of a apple shape I guess.

When I was at my lowest weight in my 20's I was 105-110 and wore size 3-7. Depending on what style and brand of clothing. Now that's probably a 0 LOL

I want to be in 10's or 8's by the time I finish this. Size won't matter if I am in normal sizes..not xxxx ones. I will be happy.

I'm 5'9 1/2" and my current weight is 165. I have a medium frame and people are starting to tell me I look to thin. I would like to lose about 7 more pounds. If it happens wonderful, if not I can live with a size 8 or 10. My largest was a 3X top and 22 pants.

I'm 5'9 1/2" and my current weight is 165. I have a medium frame and people are starting to tell me I look to thin. I would like to lose about 7 more pounds. If it happens wonderful, if not I can live with a size 8 or 10. My largest was a 3X top and 22 pants.

Congrats!

But i've got to say, our society is really in trouble if that's "too thin". I'm about the same size - 5ft 10 and 154lb give or take and I'm perfectly normal, healthy curvy, nowhere NEAR model thin or 16 year old teenager thin! Its smack bang in the middle of my healthy weight range and it drives me NUTS on here that people think its really thin.

I think we've come to view normal as something that is in actual fact quite overweight and people who actually are a healthy weight as skinny or even too skinny.

These days, its normal to have love handles and a fat belly. Its normal for our bones not to show and our muscles not to be defined. In actual fact, on a body that is a healthy weight, collar bones, hips, knees and elbows should show and certain muscles such as biceps and quadriceps should be somewhat visible. If they arent, you really need some toning or you have a bit too much fat! So dont let anyone tell you you're too skinny when you're a perfectly healthy weight for your height.

NOT that you need a BMI of less than 25 to be attractive or beautiful of course!