Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

height x weight = dress size?

Hi all,

So, as I have lost weight and am getting closer to goal, I'm trying to understand what a reasonable goal size would be. Would anyone be willing to share their weight at certain sizes?

I'm 5'11 and currently weight 202 lbs. I'm in a size 14/16.

My goal weight is between 165 and 180, and I'm hoping for a size 10, maybe 12. Is that reasonable?

~Lori

Hi, I had lost weight a couple of years ago and got to 175 and I am 5'10" and I was comfortably in a 12 but I could wear some size 10's...Congrats on your wieght loss. I am getting banding on Aug 25th and I hope this time I get back to my goal weight and stay there.

Thanks!

Hi Lori ...

I'm 5'11" and weigh about the same as you ... if you want to wear a smaller size and get the length in jeans, try going to J C Penneys and try on the St. John's Bay brand ... I'm in a 12 and they're loose ... I wear the ultra talls ...

Just got banded one week ago today and have lost 7 lbs. from my surgery date (more if you count what I gained after they put all of the IVs in you) ...

Good luck on your journey ...

Julie

HEY TALL LADIES!!!!

I'm 6'1" and currently teetering around 250lbs. As of today, I am an official regular Gap size18 on the bottom. They still don't come long enough but they fit! On top I'm a 16 which is cool because thats about almost a large.

I'm 5'4" and currrently weigh 187. That puts me in a size 16 jeans. I have a small waist for my size, so I can get into a 14 skirt. I wear a large or extra large shirt. My goal is to weigh 140. By past experience, that would put me comfortably in a size 10 or 12.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm about 5'6 and weigh 219 now. I wear a 14/16 Misses Bottom and Large Top. At my heaviest I was 275 and wore a 22/24W and 3X Tops.

I think a lot depends on your body ratio and build as well as to the sizes you wear, muscle weighing more than fat. My mom is 5'7 and is around 185. She wears a 14/16 bottom too - Medium top even though I'm 30 pounds heavier (I have more muscle)

I'm 5'4" and currrently weigh 187. That puts me in a size 16 jeans. I have a small waist for my size, so I can get into a 14 skirt. I wear a large or extra large shirt. My goal is to weigh 140. By past experience, that would put me comfortably in a size 10 or 12.

I'd be surprised if you're not in a smaller size than 10/12 when you get to your goal if you're built anything like me. I'm 5'4" and at 160. I've got a small waist too and I'm wearing 12s and 10s. I was in 16s when I was around 185. My goal is to be a size 8; I think I'll get there around 145. I bet you'll reach 10/12 sooner than you think!

short one here - i'm 5'1 & 125lbs. at my highest 200lbs i wore a 16 bottom and XL top, right now i wear a 6 bottom and 8 top (got big girls - 32d). "if" i were to buy a dress, i'm sure i'd get an 8 and have it altered - but since i wore jeans to my wedding, a dress is SO out of my future:wink:.

Hi Lori:

I am 5'7" and I currently weigh 177. I am in a size 12. However, I can wear a medium on the top.

I am setting my goal for 170. I want to be comfortable in 12's. Size 10 is too small for me, personally with my large body frame.

Good luck figuring out your goal. I didn't know for sure on mine until today and I asked my surgeon if it's okay to set my goal 11 pounds higher than healthy bmi target. He said because I am healthy, those 11 pounds won't matter, so it's a fine goal for me.

Take care and best wishes achieving your goal.

Sue

Hi all,

So, as I have lost weight and am getting closer to goal, I'm trying to understand what a reasonable goal size would be. Would anyone be willing to share their weight at certain sizes?

I'm 5'11 and currently weight 202 lbs. I'm in a size 14/16.

My goal weight is between 165 and 180, and I'm hoping for a size 10, maybe 12. Is that reasonable?

~Lori

Very reasonable. I am 5'6'' and 160lbs and a size 10 in suits but an 8 in dresses. I have a very small frame and am aiming for a size 6.

Lori,

I think when you feel really good about yourself that is the right size. I was a size 10 and Lg top , height 5'8 before I had all my kids.

Edited by sandy-sue

Lulu,

Your stats are almost exactly the same as mine, started at 201, and my goal is 125. I also am 5'1" . I was wondering how long it took you to get to goal? I am 25 lbs. away and am totally stuck for about the last 2 weeks, have maybe lost 1 lb in that time. Any advice you could share I would truly appreciate. Its nice to be able to find another shorty that I can identify with, you are my new role model!

Tracy

sacramentospinnerchick

I am 5'5 and weigh about 207 now and wear at size 12 or 14 dress. I think a lot of it depends on your build. I am thicker in the middle (apple shape) so I wear smaller pants, but larger tops.

BratKat,

You are right on my goal! I am about 189 and can fit into a 16. I want to go to around 130-140 and am hoping that will put me in a size 10. I have always had a small waist so to go any lower would make my clothes not fit as good.