Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back Pain After Eating?

Hi, I'm 9 months post-op and am having horrible pain in my middle back after eating . . . any suggestions? This hits after only a couple of bites, especially in the evening.

wow I was just looking up stuff on this...I just got done eating. Ate quite a bit...as I am pre-fill(2 cups). I had hamburger helper...with half the noodles...mainly Protein lol... But this is the first time I've really ate this much and it went down fine. Anyway my pain is kind of dull throbbing or a gassy feeling in my chest...just upper chest/back...not my stomach... where exactly in your back is your pain

Hi, I'm 9 months post-op and am having horrible pain in my middle back after eating . . . any suggestions? This hits after only a couple of bites, especially in the evening.

my pain (gas) over eating is in my back and I have to start walking... I have never had gas in my stomach but my back pain can bring me to my knees

I'm getting a back ache in my back after eating almost nothing. Very strange. Its like after you wear a heavy backpack all day . . .

When I had this it was severe reflux,, others I know who have had this pain ended up with gallstones. It happens to me when I eat Peanut Butter with certain breads.. If it keeps happening make sure you call the doctor so they can check things out!!

i have had the same issue and usally that indicates that I need an adjustment. Once I go to have the adjustment the pain goes away. I can't keep anything down at this point, not even liquid.< /p>

OMG! :w00t: I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PAIN IN THE UPPER PART OF MY BACK. IT OCCURS AFTER EATING TOO MUCH.....I THINK RESTRICTION MANIFEST DIFFERENTLY IN EVERYONE AND THIS MAY BE OURS....I MENTIONED THIS TO MY SURGEON AND HE SAID THE SAME THING....WE NEED TO EAT LESS.

EVEN WITH YOU ONLY EATING A FEW BITES, THAT TOO MAY BE TOO MUCH....I ON THE OTHER HAND....APPARENTLY HAVE EYES BIGGER THAN MY STOMACH AND DO NOT KNOW WHEN TO QUIT!!!

I JUST ATE WAY TOO MUCH...CUZ I'M HUNGARY AND I HAVE THE FEELING NOW. THE ONLY THINGS THAT HELP ARE GULPING SUPER HOT Water WITH A TINY BIT OF meat TENDERIZOR OR WALKING...AND WHO WANTS TO DO THAT AFTER A MEAL????