Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Morning Weigh Ins! - 15th August 08

Thanks Cutie for telling me about this thread. Congrats to everyone...loss or no loss, this is quite a journey for all of us and we should just be proud of ourselves for doing something for our health!! I am 9 days post-op and have lost 9 pounds since surgery. I'm still doing liquids and will probably slow down on the loss once I get to eat some real food! I'm walking 2 miles a day and plan to start my toning/weights after I get the go-ahead from the doc next week.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I haven't had surgery yet (25th) so not sure if I can join this thread!

Started the 10 day all liquid diet today.

This week I lost 2.8lbs. for a total of 19.2 since starting in March.

Exercise this week was "mommy and me" swim class Monday - Thursday with 2 year old DD! Not sure if I can count that but I know she keeps me busy in the pool!

You know what's funny? I checked my excel spreadsheet and I'd actually lost 0.8kgs (2lbs) this week, not .6kgs like I thought! Lol! Fee, cutie might be right, I've moved to solid food now and am eating until I'm FULL, and I've started losing again. I think on mushies, I may have been getting too little calories.

I was back to work on Monday. Had nice Soups for lunch and Protein shakes. I noticed that I was not really getting the Protein I needed. I corrected that since starting soft foods. In one restaurant they served only one Soup and I asked for them to puree it for me. The waitress was not very hopeful, but success, and I enjoyed my dinner. I was out of town for 3 days and brought the magic bullet to make my shakes. I started with some eggs and had Wendy's Chili on the way home.

Last Saturday I had a set back when I lifted some groceries. DO NOT LIFT! It felt like an awful pull or rip. I call the nurse on Monday and as it was feeling better she told me I should be okay. It does feel better but it has slowed me down quite a bit. Now home in my own kitchen it is time to eat enough protein.

I gained 4 pounds this week.....still very cool with overall loss and how I am looking and feeling!

Sorry I'm late on my Friday weigh in...I did weigh yesterday, but was too sore to sit at the computer & log on. Surgery was right around noon on Thursday, but I had a very bad time in recovery & ended up having to spend the night in surgical intensive care...my body was not reacting to the pain meds & I couldn't get in enough air thru the pain. Finally, dilaudid (spelling?) did the trick & I was on my way to feeling better! Am feeling even better after sleeping in my own bed last night! Feel pretty good now & haven't had any pain meds since before midnight last night.

Down 22 lbs so far...8 lbs this week.

Exercise: 30 minutes every day walking (except Thurs & Fri), but hope to do my 30 today it'll just be a bit slower pace

Keep up the good work everyone!!

this seems to be a pretty common theme... my Dr. said that when the swelling in the band went down, that it would get looser and my weight loss would slow.. especially now that i am eating real food. well... thankfully i havent gained... but i moved on Tuesday, and when i weighed myself then i was 221.5... and now its frikkin Saturday and im only down to 221.2! UGH!!!!!! I know that its supposed to slow down, but its so frustrating to know this from the 4th to the 12th i lost 16lb, and then in 5 whole days ive only lost .3lb!!! AGH! I get my first fill on the 6th thankfully, so im just trying to stay on the bandwaggon until then... though i am pretty sad about it...::(: progress is a process!!!!! The only positive is that i have already lost 5 inches around my tush!!!!:thumbup:

Nikki

Starting weight: 252

Day of surgery weight: 236

weight as of today: 221.2

Nikki,

I haven't lost ANY weight at all since I weighed myself on Friday. This is despite eating well and exercising, so I too am hanging out for my first fill on the 5th.

If you're not gaining, you're going great. It does sound like par for the course from around your 3rd week on, though.

Between Thursday 8/7 - Friday 8/15 I lost 16 lbs.:thumbup:

I was losing 3 pounds a day for several days, then I decided to see how many calories I was actually getting..and it was in the low 300s :mellow:. No wonder I felt so shaky and dizzy by a week after my surgery. I was getting the recommended amount of Protein and fluids, so I went in search of a Protein Drink with more calories. Since I've added Muscle Milk to the rotation of Labrada Lean Body and Designer whey Protein Blitz my calories have gone up to about 500 and I'm feeling much better. It's still low, I know, but it's only for another week and a half.

Kind of a funny story..I was feeling SO dizzy last Monday (8/11) that I called my doctor. I was pretty pitiful and ended up crying on the phone. He said I could add some coffee in the morning, but I don't drink coffee, so I asked him if I could have some Starbucks Iced Green Tea instead. When he said "yes" it was like the heavens opened and the angels sang! I went out and got my usual Venti with 7 Splendas, but I brought it home, poured the ice out of it and rationed out 4 ounces each day. I don't think the caffeine in a Venti is really all that much, but I don't want to take any chances. And that 4 ounces is just enough to make my tastebuds and my brain happy. :w00t:

I've waved goodbye to the 300's and the 290's and I'm just half a pound of so from saying "so long" to the 280's. I'm excited! :cool2:

Hey Guys!

Just a thought: you should probably start measuring yourself when you weigh yourself too. I was all upset on friday because i only went down .3lb, but as it turns out, i lost 6.5 inches! I actually somehow bought Large's from my favrite store Anthropologie!!!! Just something i thought that if you guys arent losing LB's, you should definitely check! Muah!

Lol I was just posting somewhere else about that ichatter! I was saying that despite not losing lbs (and some days gaining a bit) my body shape is definitely changing from week to week still. In fact I put on a top today that I wore last week and it's noticeably more loose.

My brother (a personal trainer) reckons that when I was on liquids, I must have lost a lot of muscle mass - it's what your body does when it goes into starvation mode, it burns fat and muscle indiscriminately. But now I'm on solids and am exercising, I'm probably gaining muscle back, which weighs more than fat and is why my scales aren't moving or even going up. I think I agree with him, because my clothes are telling me I'm still losing even if the scales aren't!

Edited by lellow

Darn! I just realized that Friday is coming! I better steel myself for the scale...since I'm still pre-op and not really restricted diet-wise.