Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question on reaching your sweet spot.

I have 4 cc in my size 10 band. Sometimes I have restriction, sometimes I can pretty much eat anything (especially in the evenings). My question is...when you have finally reached your sweet spot, is your restriction going to be consistent or will it continue to fluctate from one day to the other?

I understand. I was banded 5/5 and only have 2cc in my 10cc band. I have very little restriction too and am looking forward to getting another fill next Friday. Problem is that my dr will only put in .5cc at a time so this could take a LONG time. Right now it doesn't feel much different from before the surgery except perhaps I do not/cannot eat as much as I did before the surgery. I'm still having a hard time losing weight.

I am from Texas too (Houston).

hi, my restriction fluctuates GREATLY throughout the day. mornings i am the tightest and in the evenings i can mostly eat about 2/3 of a chicken breast and a few bites of veggies.

also, before pregnancy, i was very tight a few days before my period.

good luck!

Hi, I think I have finally gotten to my sweet spot. I can eat very little food compared to when I had 6cc in my band. I have a 9cc Realize band. It stops me from eating more than a cup of food every time. But, it has only been a week since my last fill. My Dr said everyone is different, but most people fall in the 6.5-8cc range of fills. I can't eat anything except liquids until about noon.

I have the same problem IRC. I have had 3 fills and I think I will go back once more for a .5cc fill, I hope this will do the trick. Its not that I feel no restriction, its just so hit or miss.

I had my second fill yesterday and I have restriction! I didn't lose anything since before my 1st fill but feel hope now! My Dr is pretty aggressive with my fills because he has been banded himself and knows that people want results quick. I have a 10cc band and he filled me with 3cc 1st fill, I felt no restriction. Yesterday, another 3cc and I am good to go. Will I get less restriction as days go by or is this generally how you stay feeling? Have I really reached my "sweet spot"? One you reach it, do you stay there or lose it and have to find it again. I, of course, am on liquids for a couple days but don't feel like solids like last time.

I have good restriction for about 3-4 days after a fill. I go for about 4-5 hours before getting hungry. Then I am satisfied with small amounts of food when I do eat. However, lately on the 5th or 6th day I start feeling like I could eat and want more. Still not eating like I used to pre-band but still more than a cup of food. Is this how it's always going to be?

I had my 1st fill on Saturday and it has taken some getting used to. I have been so stuck twice that I had to upchuck the food. I now know the difference in being stuck (the pain in the chest does not go away) and being too full. (The pain in the chest will subside) When I get that feeling I have to walk away--stop eating--not another bite, no Water, nothing. If it doesn't pass in about 15 minutes, I know to hang over the sink and bring it up. But the good news is that I am chewing now like never before. I don't randomly swallow--I chew some more, and more, and more--then swallow. I have to think about it. I feel like Pavlov's dog--relearning new tricks with positive and negative reinforcement.

i've had my bad for 10 months so far and I got my 5th fill last week. I have now 8.5 cc out of 10 cc. The wierd part about my situation is that my 3rd fill, I was at 8.5 and way too tight b/c I would vomit all my foods and liquid. So my 4th fill I went down to 7.5 cc. Now I'm back up to 8.5 cc and I'm okay. Prior to getting my fill a week ago, I had my gallbladder taken out almost a month ago. I noticed since that surgery I am so much hunger and I can eat twice as much now. So I'm still waiting to find my sweet spot.

I understand. I was banded 5/5 and only have 2cc in my 10cc band. I have very little restriction too and am looking forward to getting another fill next Friday. Problem is that my dr will only put in .5cc at a time so this could take a LONG time. Right now it doesn't feel much different from before the surgery except perhaps I do not/cannot eat as much as I did before the surgery. I'm still having a hard time losing weight.

I am from Texas too (Houston).

Who was your doctor? I'm in Houston and Dr. Spivak did my surgery on 7/16/08.

i've had my bad for 10 months so far and I got my 5th fill last week. I have now 8.5 cc out of 10 cc. The wierd part about my situation is that my 3rd fill, I was at 8.5 and way too tight b/c I would vomit all my foods and liquid. So my 4th fill I went down to 7.5 cc. Now I'm back up to 8.5 cc and I'm okay. Prior to getting my fill a week ago, I had my gallbladder taken out almost a month ago. I noticed since that surgery I am so much hunger and I can eat twice as much now. So I'm still waiting to find my sweet spot.

You have lost weight(and a gallbladder) since your third fill at 8.5 cc that is why you are handeling 8.5 better now. Your gallbladder is in the same general area as your stomach so not having it gave you more room.You have been through a lot. Are you sure it is true hunger? I know I get confused with my head hunger esp when so much is happening. That is why you are hungrier now. How long did you go when you were vomiting all your food and liquids? I had a fill yesterday and have been having that problem(not with water) I am concerned that I could damage or slip my band and I was wondering if you know or anyone out there knows more about that. Thanks

I am not sure if I am at my sweet spot or not but I have had the same fill of 10.25cc's in my 14cc band now for over 3 months and still have good restriction. It still varies from day to day and morning to evening. However, I physically cannot eat more than 6 oz. of solid food EVER without throwing it up, no matter what time of day it is.

Gall stones are associated with fast weight loss. I had it after losing weight several years ago. They do it laproscopically as they do the lap band surgery.

I had my 1st fill on Saturday and it has taken some getting used to. I have been so stuck twice that I had to upchuck the food. I now know the difference in being stuck (the pain in the chest does not go away) and being too full. (The pain in the chest will subside) When I get that feeling I have to walk away--stop eating--not another bite, no Water, nothing. If it doesn't pass in about 15 minutes, I know to hang over the sink and bring it up. But the good news is that I am chewing now like never before. I don't randomly swallow--I chew some more, and more, and more--then swallow. I have to think about it. I feel like Pavlov's dog--relearning new tricks with positive and negative reinforcement.

Wow, to have that kind of restriction on just 1 fill!!! I have 8.25cc in a 9 cc band and I can STILL eat anything, of course much less. I have no problems with getting stuck or being in pain. Just got .25cc this week so I'll have to see what happens. I can feel restriction but not that "sweet spot" stuff people talk about. I think I might just have to settle for the "semi-sweet spot":huh2: