Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I have been thinking about doing this for over two years and last week I finally took the plunge......

I had my eyes and brows done with permanent makeup and now that it is all healed up, I can honestly say that I absolutely LOVE it!!!!

I had the eyes done in a very subtle "smudged" effect, with a barely perceptible line on the bottom and a "smoked out" brown line (custom mixed with a wee bit of mossy green to soften the color) on the top that is slightly thicker toward the outer corner and tapers in to a very thin line toward the inner corner. (Me being me, I'm sure I drove the poor makeup artist crazy with my micromanaging of this whole thing, right down to the mixing of the colors :crying:, but she was just lovely, and very patient with me and gave me exactly what I wanted.)

I had the brows done in a reddish-brown (but not too red) color that coordinates with my hair color, but also gives me some leeway if I ever want to change. The makeup artist did a great job and I now have that beautiful, perfect eyebrow arch that I have always wanted, but could never quite achieve with my own natural (thin and scraggly) brow hair.

What I'm absolutely loving about this whole thing is that I can now walk out of the house on a moments notice while no longer having to worry about frightening small children and animals, but yet still have the option to do my makeup when I want to.

It was interesting that I went in wanting my lips and eyes done and the makeup artist told me to skip the lips (she said my lips still had decent natural color and that she didn't see me as one who would want to go without lipstick anyhow) and to do the eyes and brows. I'm really glad I took her advice about this.

Has anyone else had this done?

I haven't had it done, but have thought about having my eyes done. So, I have to ask, was there much pain involved? I have a tattoo, and that was very tolerable for me. But, I am sure the eye area would be much more sensitive.

Can you post a picture? I would love to see it.

My mother (and her twin sister) had it done and it looks great. My aunt had her lips done a little too pink for my taste, but it still looks good. I'd totally get it done if I had the extra cash.

Hi Susan,

I will try to post some photos as soon as I can, but right now my "photographer" (DH) is a bit backed up with work and travel. He still owes me some updated PS photos too.........

I have never had a tattoo, so I can't really tell you how it compares pain-wise, but I can't say that it really hurt while the procedure was being done -- it just felt really weird. The eyeliner also caused some anxiety at first because I kept feeling as if my eyes were going to fly open during the procedure. It also took a little while to get my eyes fully numbed.

The eyebrows were a complete piece of cake, no pain, no discomfort whatsoever.

Afterwards however, the eyes did hurt a bit and felt quite raw. A single Tylenol immediately after, and the next day, took care of the pain completely. (My advice would be to take a Tylenol just before you have this done.)

Here is a link to a website of another artist out west who does superb, very natural work. I would say that my results are very comparable, but I will try to get my own photos up when I can.

Permanent makeup by Sally Hayes

I have never had permanent makeup but am very interested...DId it hurt very much to apply it? Also how long did it take you to lost your 110 pounds and what did you eat to lose so much with a lap band. I am trying to decide which way to go, lap band or gastric bypass and I was afraid I could not lose 100 with lap band....Thanks for the info..Sincerely Chattykathi:thumbup:

I have never had permanent makeup but am very interested...DId it hurt very much to apply it? Also how long did it take you to lost your 110 pounds and what did you eat to lose so much with a lap band. I am trying to decide which way to go, lap band or gastric bypass and I was afraid I could not lose 100 with lap band....Thanks for the info..Sincerely Chattykathi:thumbup:

Hi Chattykathi,

We must have been posting at the same time.

You can see what I said about the pain above, and as far as the weight, it took me 11 months to reach goal (119 pounds lost). However, 18 of those pounds are directly attributable to my surgery in June (tummy tuck, breast lift with implants, and an open myomectomy).

As far as what I ate, I tried to stick mostly with low-fat and (fairly) low-carb foods. I tried to consume around 1000 calories a day, but sometimes it was closer to 1500 (absolute perfection is not my "thing" when it comes to food).

Exercise was (and is) key for me. My cardio workouts are a minimum of one hour and sometimes on the weekends I go out for 2 - 3 hour moderately strenuous hikes. Also, my regular exercise routine consists of strength and core training. That said, my fitness program has been broken up quite a bit this summer because of my surgeries.

Good luck with your decision. Of course it is an individual choice and there are lots of factors to consider, but my advice would be to go with the Band. As long as you keep your end of the bargain with the Band, the weight will come off and you get the added benefit of keeping your precious organs intact and digesting your food properly too. :Banane37:

I had the eyeliner done last Friday and have eyelash extensions done two weeks from today. Have always wanted it done and just made a quick decision to do it. I was in the chair having my hair cut when I looked up at the person doing my hair. Told her I loved her nice, thick lashes and she told me they were extensions.

I go in for an hour session to have them applied and every two to three weeks for an update. $25 for two week reapplication, $35 every three and $45 every four weeks. I will pick out lashes that are the same length as I naturally have. I find that the older I get, the fewer lashes I have. When I was a teenager I had nice long thick lashes. This girl that does my hair does not even wear mascara anymore. She also had the eyeliner done and it looks great. I had my eyeliner done in a smoky gray color.

I think that besides my band I will be able to say this is one of the best things I could do for myself. We have extremely hot and humid summers and I cannot stand the "running" makeup. It's fun to not have to apply makeup.

As far as the pain....I am allergic to novacaine (and any other in the family), so I had to tough it out. Worth it though. The pain was not extreme but uncomfortable and that was without any medication applied. So if someone is thinking of doing it and can have your eyes medicated, it should be a breeze.

I had the eyeliner done last Friday and have eyelash extensions done two weeks from today. Have always wanted it done and just made a quick decision to do it. I was in the chair having my hair cut when I looked up at the person doing my hair. Told her I loved her nice, thick lashes and she told me they were extensions.

I go in for an hour session to have them applied and every two to three weeks for an update. $25 for two week reapplication, $35 every three and $45 every four weeks. I will pick out lashes that are the same length as I naturally have. I find that the older I get, the fewer lashes I have. When I was a teenager I had nice long thick lashes. This girl that does my hair does not even wear mascara anymore. She also had the eyeliner done and it looks great. I had my eyeliner done in a smoky gray color.

I think that besides my band I will be able to say this is one of the best things I could do for myself. We have extremely hot and humid summers and I cannot stand the "running" makeup. It's fun to not have to apply makeup.

As far as the pain....I am allergic to novacaine (and any other in the family), so I had to tough it out. Worth it though. The pain was not extreme but uncomfortable and that was without any medication applied. So if someone is thinking of doing it and can have your eyes medicated, it should be a breeze.

Apples,

Thanks for sharing about the eyelash extensions. I was wondering how that works! I'll be curious to know how you like them once you get it done. I'd like to get that done too.

I've always wanted my eyes and eyebrows done. my eyebrows have bald spots in them and have never come in nice :Banane37:

POST PICS :sleep2:

Apples,

Thanks for sharing about the eyelash extensions. I was wondering how that works! I'll be curious to know how you like them once you get it done. I'd like to get that done too.

Fran...It's so cool how they do the lashes. They just glue them right to your existing lashes. They fall off is one of your own lashes fall off and that's the reason for the touch up.

Froggi...this sounds like something that would work for you. They can fill in spotty lash lines. There are lashes that are in thicker bunches for cases like that.

I will try to remember to come back to this thread after I have them done to let you guys know how they look.:Banane37:

I've always wanted my eyes and eyebrows done. my eyebrows have bald spots in them and have never come in nice :Banane37:

POST PICS :sleep2:

Forgot to mention the eyebrows, Froggi. I don't need to have it done but the tech that did my eyes was telling me how she does them. She actually applies three or four different strokes in different colors so they look three dimensional. She showed me a photo of some that she had done and they look so damned real. One of the ladies she did them on was a person that had been bald since she was 11. (no eyelashes either). The tech told me she cried and cried because she was so happy.

Aww sounds awesome. I also have eyeproblems so I rub my eyes a lot. I always get gunk in my eyes have to rub it out so I can see clearly. It's so annoying. And that smears my eyeliner =/

i don't know about this.:sleep2: my mom has her eyebrows, eyeliner, and lipliner done and it looks great on her. i just told her yesterday once i'm at goal i want to try restalyne on my lips (i have chicken lips!:crying:) and she suggested i just get my lipliner tattooed. i do have tattoos throughout my body, but oh man, i don't think i could get anything on my face...all of you who have done it are SO brave!!!:Banane37:

Well, I have been thinking about doing this for over two years and last week I finally took the plunge......

I had my eyes and brows done with permanent makeup and now that it is all healed up, I can honestly say that I absolutely LOVE it!!!!

I had the eyes done in a very subtle "smudged" effect, with a barely perceptible line on the bottom and a "smoked out" brown line (custom mixed with a wee bit of mossy green to soften the color) on the top that is slightly thicker toward the outer corner and tapers in to a very thin line toward the inner corner. (Me being me, I'm sure I drove the poor makeup artist crazy with my micromanaging of this whole thing, right down to the mixing of the colors :Banane37:, but she was just lovely, and very patient with me and gave me exactly what I wanted.)

I had the brows done in a reddish-brown (but not too red) color that coordinates with my hair color, but also gives me some leeway if I ever want to change. The makeup artist did a great job and I now have that beautiful, perfect eyebrow arch that I have always wanted, but could never quite achieve with my own natural (thin and scraggly) brow hair.< /span>

What I'm absolutely loving about this whole thing is that I can now walk out of the house on a moments notice while no longer having to worry about frightening small children and animals, but yet still have the option to do my makeup when I want to.

It was interesting that I went in wanting my lips and eyes done and the makeup artist told me to skip the lips (she said my lips still had decent natural color and that she didn't see me as one who would want to go without lipstick anyhow) and to do the eyes and brows. I'm really glad I took her advice about this.

Has anyone else had this done?

YES! I have been wanting to get this done. Being a redhead, I have very pale and thin eyelashes and just simply no definition to my face. I can't leave the house without eyebrow pencil and mascara, to say the least. I use a liquid liner from L'Oreal (I've tried everything else) and it's the only thing that gives me the line I want and it's not sticky like the MAC.

I would LOVE to get it done. And maybe after I lose some more of my weight, I will treat myself. That website you gave has Las Vegas location. I will check it out. Thanks for posting and good for you!

Hey Ladies,

Nice to hear your positive comments!

Kiki, from the sound of it, a tattoo is more painful than this (although I guess permanent makeup is technically a tattoo as well). Remember the eyeliner doesn't take very long because the area is so small and you are not depositing much color. So if you want it done, I wouldn't worry about the pain. The eyebrows didn't hurt one bit -- I probably could have napped through that part.

Vegas girl, yes, I would definitely check out that Sally Hayes. Her work looks great!!! I agree having this done is a very nice treat for losing weight and a job well done. Go for it :Banane37::thumbup::sleep2:!

I'm already thinking about the enormous $$$$ and time I'll be saving. I'm like you, I wouldn't be caught dead without makeup on. Here in the tropics makeup just "melts" off and it's unbelievable what you have to do to "set" your makeup, but yet get it to come out natural looking. Just to give you an idea, I was layering three different products onto the brows, and four to six different products on the eyes, not to mention the rest of the face -- Whew!!!

Now with this permanent makeup, I have a good base, so even when the elements are working against me, I'll still have some color and some definition. I know this will be awesome for traveling and the beach too.