Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ladies!! just thought I would share...2 more days until I hit the big 4-0 on Thursday. I had to go to DMV at lunch today to renew my driver's license. I was afraid of failing the vision test because I am supposed to wear reading glasses and didn't want to have to be told to wear them while driving. I was so preoccupied with that and not thinking about anything else. I also had to take a new picture. Well, I did not recognize myself. My old pic was taken like 8 years ago when I was like 350 and I never changed the weight. Well today not only did I get to change the weight to 225 but I got to say "who's that girl?". Big difference in the two pictures. I even look younger in the new picture and I'm even smiling & wearing a fuschia shirt:teeth_smile:

Thats great news!! Well done!!

I still dnt get why they ask you in the USA to put ur weight on ur licence though? If you get arrested (God Forbid) are they gonna put hancuffs on you and say..."now pls get on the scale mam" lol lol

congrats,

it does make you feel good. i just renewed my license too,my old one was a picture of me 4 months pregnant and weighing approx 280 when i am preg my nose spreads east and west and it had just spread so although happy to be having baby i was not happy with my picture.this new one i weigh 200.0 pds after losing 86 lbs so i am happy. how long did it take you to lose 125lbs? i am proud of you i know it is difficult,i am hoping to get to a total lose of 135 pds but i cant wait until i see a loss of 125pds as i am only 5'3. i will be fine as wine.:)

My highest weight ever was 368 which was like 10 years ago. I had lost weight over the years and never regained (Atkin's etc.). So by the time I started inquiring about LapBand i was like 320. I lost 20 pounds from the time I got serious about band and surgery day. On surgery day, I was 300.5 & today I am 225. So not all of my weightloss was due to the band. Only about 75-80 pounds of it. I'm in a serious plateau right now but still losing inches. This bothers me tremendously because I want the scale to move some too. People say that is still good because means I am losing fat/gaining muscle but I'm not trying to be a body builder or anything. I just want to see 199.