Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods do you find difficult to eat?

I have problems with:

Broccoli(Even cooked really soft it gives me problems)

Bread/rolls( BIG NO NO)

chicken/turkey (if it is to dry)

some french fries(if they are hard)

Cake( ate 3 bites and thought I'd die)

Brownie(ate 1 bite thought I'd die(too gooey)

So far thats what bothers me. These are foods that will make me get the stuck feeling or BP.

Its funny cause I have no problems with steak/salad/vegtables as long as they are soft. I can even eat those bad soft tortilla shells. I think I'm going to get a slight fill in a couple weeks . I need to add some more foods to my can't eat list!!! LOL!!!!

I've only found a couple of foods that can cause a problem: Egg Rolls(shouldn't be eating them anyways*lol*), meat that's too dry, even chewed to an oblivion.

This information is so helpful - but from a hopeful bander, my big question is do you miss them?

It almost seems that no one really cares about these foods near as much now that you just CAN'T eat or tolerate them?

Did this kind of thread seem kind of confusing and scary to any of you before you were banded? Were you afraid that you might just lose your mind one day and have to have something that you weren't supposed to eat?

I think that I really should have no problem with giving up any of these, but di the "thought of it" kind of freak anyone out prior to banding?

Thanks!!!!!

I didn't mean to scare anyone... I just haven't had my first fill yet, and I wanted to know what to expect.

when were you banded???

I can't do breads (get stuck), but dry biscuits are fine.

meat like steak and lamb are a no-no for me (get stuck), chicken varies, sometimes it is OK, sometimes it isn't.

Anything too spicy or acid is no good, so oranges, lemons, grapefruit I don't like too much as these things give me reflux.

Hot chips no good (I miss fish and chips) , but mashed potato is just fine.

Smoked salmon gets stuck, but salmon steaks are just fine and other fish seems OK.

Porridge gets stuck so I stick to Hot drinks in the morning before lunch.

eggs (scrambled, boiled, in omlettes) I find are unpredictable - sometimes OK, sometimes far from OK.

Veggies that aren't cooked real well and salads that are lettuce based aren't great.

Stringy type fruits and veggies I find no good eg pineapple, asparagus, rhubarb, celery, snow pea sprouts.

So that's my list . As you can probably tell, I am quite restricted at the moment.

hi

I have had one fill and can eat around 100gm Protein and half cup veg.I can eat anything but vegetables that makes gas....eg.brocolli,cabbage,snowpeas,greenbeans or any Beans,garlic onion.

Have not tried lettuce,orange.

Feels like Im eating very little but nothing got stuck so far after the fill....

Hey all....I am going thru the need for crunchie stuff...chips, tortillas and salsa....i am craving anything carb related...bread,oatmeal,toast..i think it may be *hormonal* or just that i am missing these things. I haven't had a piece of bread or Pasta in seven weeks! thats torture to an itallian!!!! :) what does everyone else do when that need for crunch comes into play? that is a hard one for me to over come, and carrots and celery sticks just don't do it!!! i try really really really hard to fight the cravings. i have been doing pretty good...but if I break, i would appreciate some suggestions on what someone else would do in this situation. I appreciate any input at all! ive done sooo far...ice cold water...nope doesn't really curb it.......a walk, does it a little bit but the craving comes right back....i have found these cheddar cheese flavored Protein crisp things that are like rice cakes...they sell them in Super Walmart, (right next to the pudding oddly) and they are pretty good... however, I don't always do my food shopping in Walmart....and other stores around here dont carry them. I am scared to Death of trying toast. I fear the "getting stuck" situation...oh no no no...doesn't sound fun. Even more so, I FEAR the PB'ing affect......Sounds like a movie...NOW PLAYING AT A THEATER NEAR YOU...... THE PB AFFECT, Starting Tom Cruise.....I think im delerious without carbs .... I did however had my FIRST alcoholic drink last night! I am a Toasted Almond girl! I love em! I get into trouble when I drink too many of them...I played it smart, had only one! It tasted sooooo good! I can tell though I could get into trouble now only after two of em! I felt some affect with just having the one. I sipped very slowly, it went down really good and thankfully we got to the bar just a little before closing, sooooo we didn't really have time for a second round. PHEW Saved by LAST CALL! Okay..Im babbling....ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE CRUNCHIES WOULD BE APPRECIATED...THANK YOU!

ttyl