Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i think i made a mistake!

If you eat food that is bad and don't work out, you are going to gain weight. It is a battle, every day. It is hard work. The smaller you get, the harder it becomes. But what do you think you will happen if you get your band removed? If you are gaining slowly now image how quickly the rest is going to come back.

If you can't eat now then you may need a bit of an unfill. It is hard to stay satisfied and not hungry if you can't eat. Believe me I spent a lot of time there thinking that I don't need an unfill if I am gaining weight. But I gained weight because I was grazing on crap all day and not eating a god solid meal because of restriction.

Don't forget, you can do it. And yes it will be hard. But totally worth it.

Brilliance, I tell you, brilliance. Listen to her. :thumbup:

I can understand being so frustrated! I am new and reading what the others have to say hepled me and made sense. Please don't get your band removed! Give it some more time and I can almost guarantee that things will turn around for you. Good Luck and keep us up to date.

I have to echo everything the others have said!

When I am too tight I cant get any of the good food down, it all gets stuck, so then I am still hungry, so then I end up wolfing dwn a packet of crisps (chips to you guys) cos I know that they will go down.

Get your fill eased off a bit so that you can get the good stuff like chicken and steamed veggies down once in a while :blush:

The other key is regular exercise, I used to leather it at the gym for a few weeks but in a way that was impossible to maintain, now I just do 1 to 2 hours 3 times a week and I make sure that I do half of it on the bike and the cross trainer. That way I havent set a schedule that I cant keep up and I do really enjoy it.

it can be very disheartening, and you can plataeu, but if you keep chipping away the weight will come off.

Nina x

I too was "stuck" when it came to the scale, but since I increased my Protein intake, I am losing consistently again. I take in 60 to 70 grams of protein daily, without fail. I wish you the best of luck.

I too am a slow loser. But, if there is one piece of information that has help me more than I can say is to TRACK YOUR food. I resisted this for years...it was just too painful to see what I was actually eating because any mistakes would cause me to go into this really DARK place where I judged myself and just couldn't seem to get back up. But then, one day, somebody on this site suggested that I use the webside thedailyplate.com. IT HAS MADE ALLTHE DIFFERENCE. I had my surgery on April 11th, 2008. By July 21st, I had only lost 10 pounds. I started using this site to track on July the 22nd, since then, I have lost almost 15 POUNDS....TOTAL OF 25POUNDS SINCE SURGERY. I didn't want to see it, and although my quantity of food had decreased with 3 fills, the food was still so high in calories, I just wasn't losing. For example, the first day I tracked (honestly tracked) on the site, I had almost 2400 calories for the day. If you had asked me, I would've probably thought I had around 1600 that day. It has made an amazing difference. 15 pounds in a little over 6 weeks, whereas without the site it took me over 3 months to lose only 10 (most of which came off right after surgery anyway).

I too am a slow loser. But, if there is one piece of information that has help me more than I can say is to TRACK YOUR food. I resisted this for years...it was just too painful to see what I was actually eating because any mistakes would cause me to go into this really DARK place where I judged myself and just couldn't seem to get back up. But then, one day, somebody on this site suggested that I use the webside thedailyplate.com. IT HAS MADE ALLTHE DIFFERENCE. I had my surgery on April 11th, 2008. By July 21st, I had only lost 10 pounds. I started using this site to track on July the 22nd, since then, I have lost almost 15 POUNDS....TOTAL OF 25POUNDS SINCE SURGERY. I didn't want to see it, and although my quantity of food had decreased with 3 fills, the food was still so high in calories, I just wasn't losing. For example, the first day I tracked (honestly tracked) on the site, I had almost 2400 calories for the day. If you had asked me, I would've probably thought I had around 1600 that day. It has made an amazing difference. 15 pounds in a little over 6 weeks, whereas without the site it took me over 3 months to lose only 10 (most of which came off right after surgery anyway).

I 2nd this.. I did myplate religiously post-op, I fell off doing it sometime beginning of this year.. then everytime I hit a stall, I start doing myplate again just for a week to see what's going on.. and it never fails, if I am holding myself accountable for everything I eat, I eat better...and thus lose.

I understand where you are coming from. I feel tight with almost everything I eat, my problem is that by supper I feel as though I can eat so I eat a good supper then start grazing. This has been only going on for the past week but I must get my act together quickly. It is strange, as the day goes on I feel less restricted.

I understand where you are coming from. I feel tight with almost everything I eat, my problem is that by supper I feel as though I can eat so I eat a good supper then start grazing. This has been only going on for the past week but I must get my act together quickly. It is strange, as the day goes on I feel less restricted.

I hear you! My band treats me the same way. I am restricted early in the day and stay with Protein Shakes, mushies and I get all my Water in early. I can eat dinner fine.

Then I start feeling those old Pre-band urges coming at night and I have to fight to keep them under control. I distract myself on the computer and try to go to sleep early. I spoke to the Dr and he said this is normal for some people.