Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

::tapping microphone:: is this thing on?

Good morning all! Is this the place where we introduce ourselves? I'm so pleased to "meet" you all. My name is Julie, I'm 48 and live in central New Jersey. I have a date to be banded on August 12th (one week from today!) with Dr Michael Jay Nusbaum. I really like him so far. I have about 70 - 80 lbs to lose. Most of the time, I am very happy with my decision and excited and committed to the decision... but sometimes I worry, and wonder, and say to myself, "Well, if you're willing to go through all THIS, then why can't you just PRETEND you have the band in, and stick to a friggin' diet?!". LOL Actually, I know why... it's because of stressors in my life as well as aspects of my personality. I just hope I'm doing this for the right reasons, and not hoping that this surgery will correct all of the problems in my life. I console myself by remembering that it is reversible; if I absolutely cannot stand it. But I think that, at this point in my life, it's something that I have to do. In any case, I'm so happy to have found this board and look forward to many discussions and hope to support all of you in whatever way I can!

-Julie

Welcome to the board Julie!! I had some of the same doubts as you did when I was going for the surgery but for me it is the best thing that I could have done for myself and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

Welcome Julie!

I'm a newbie too....Just joined last week. It's so good to know that so many others are going through the same thing. All the doubts and anxiety as well as the happiness and contentment in knowing that we are doing something good for ourselves.

I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance (and each day I get more nervous they will deny me!).....but I am tentatively scheduled for Aug. 27.....

welcome Julie.... welcome to LBT. the band really is a good tool to not only help you get the weight off, but KEEP the weight off... sure we can 'diet' but how many more times do you really want to diet??

best of luck to you next week and beyond.