Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is my band to tight

Hi everyone, it is almost a year since i was banded and to date i have lost 14lbs .yes i am a slow weight looser but i am trying hard to keep going, my question is i had a third fill in April this year and had a good restriction maybe to much i think but i have tried to carry on eating when i can but most meals come back up half way through eating them, i do all the right things chewing well and eating small amounts but still on some days i am not getting much down yet on other days i can eat small amounts? why is this, do i need to go and have a unfill, can anyone help with dietary advice.

thanks jeanniepennine.:teeth_smile:

Hi Oscarnorman, thanks for your reply I am 5ft 1 and weigh 14st 7lb. I was banded in Prague but have my fills in the UK. I have been extremely poorly for the past six month i had my gallbladder removed in January of this year with massive complications and an emergency operation that saved my life, i have struggled with my band since the day i have had it in i know i am not the only one and my doctor says the band is still in place and i am getting better but still i don't seem to loose much weight. Have you any advice. thanks JEANNIEPENNINE.

Hi Oscarnorman, thanks for your reply I am 5ft 1 and weigh 14st 7lb. I was banded in Prague but have my fills in the UK. I have been extremely poorly for the past six month i had my gallbladder removed in January of this year with massive complications and an emergency operation that saved my life, i have struggled with my band since the day i have had it in i know i am not the only one and my doctor says the band is still in place and i am getting better but still i don't seem to loose much weight. Have you any advice. thanks JEANNIEPENNINE.

I think your weight loss has more to do w/ the fact that you have had it a yr and only had 3 fills ?

AND it sounds like you have gone through A LOT in that amount of time . it does not seem like many fills at all for me espically if your not having any restriction . what size band do you have ? if YOU are not able to eat the way YOU like to eat , if solid foods are coming back up then i would say your too tight.

Some people like to eat more of a softier diet but i do not i like to actually EAT , and eat solids. But Say you like to eat a soft diet and its coming back up and you cant keep it down , then i would say your too tight.

USUALLY If you think your too tight you are.

Are you having any acid reflux ?

At the VERY LEAST call the doc to discuss the fill and how tight you are .

Also have you kept track of what your eating ? make sure your not eating too many calories and that your eating ENOUGH . eating too little can cause weight loss to slow as well .

HTH

MIndy

I am more concerned with the 14 pound loss in 1 year. Please tell me more. Were you not very overweight?

no the bigger concern is the fact they might be too tight !

They could loser their band , cause a slip , if they stay too tight !

Mindy

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, I WILL BE GOING TO THE DOCTORS THIS WEEK AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL GIVE ME A SLIGHT UNFILL I AM SURE THIS IS WHAT I NEED.:teeth_smile:

THANKS jEANNIEPENNINE

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, I WILL BE GOING TO THE DOCTORS THIS WEEK AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL GIVE ME A SLIGHT UNFILL I AM SURE THIS IS WHAT I NEED.:teeth_smile:

THANKS jEANNIEPENNINE

Sounds good. Dont be afraid of unfills. I have had more unfills than fills due to a problem i have being very sensitive to fills .

Unfills will get u to where you should have been w/ the original fill. Lots of times people wait too long to get unfills because they think it will be too loose then , That's not necessarily true. .

Good luck hope it goes well

Mindy

I would also like to add that food may be coming back up b/c you are eating too much. It took me a solid year to figure out when I was full. If I take one bite too many, my food comes back up.

Hi and thanks for your reply, i think you maybe right regarding the amount of food that i eat but believe me some days i can only get a couple of spoons in before i PB and others i can eat a small amount and things stay down. Today for Breakfast i have had a slim fast drink. for lunch i have had a small salad with 2oz meat and 1 hour later i am still eating it and hoping it will stay down, for dinner i am having 2 eggs and i small slice of toast,this again i hope will stay down, I am sure there is a way of knowing the right amount to eat i still get that pain in my chest when i am full but then i am sick before the pain comes i am hopeing for some help ASAP from my GP . until then thanks for your advice anymore will be very welcome.

Jeanniepennine.

If your too tight i would stay away from breads , rice and pastas.

They expand in your stomach and cause you to get stuck

It still sounds like our too tight.

HTH

MIndy