Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Grocery Game

Just curious if anyone here has ever or is presently participating in this program. The website is www.thegrocerygame.com . If you are doing it, I would love to here about your success, or lack of it.

Thanks.

I talked to a couple of ladies who use this (or something like it) and they found it helpful. They were always the type who would cut coupons, tho. I'm not. And there's a fee I believe so that's to be considered. Does sound interesting, tho

I started using coupons a few months ago with all the rising prices and considered using that site as well but was put off by needing to pay a fee. In the end I found the best (Free) advice by frequenting a few frugal women's blog's

My two favorite are:

moneysavingmom.com and itsmorethanenough.blogspot.com

Moneysavingmom is on vacation this week but usually posts more frequently than itsmorethanenough.

They give links to various sites sending out free samples. Post information on various restraunt promos like free food a couple weeks ago at Chick-Fill-A if you came dressed as a cow (Seriously!, I didn't do it but I know some did)

More importantly they will give summaries of the best deals at various stores and what coupons are out there to make the deals even better. Frequently they will even have links to printable coupons right in the description of the sale.

For example

July 16, 2008

Target: Deals for this week--Free diapers, Free Bic pens, and more!

Many people are reporting finding Pampers Splashers swim diapers and Huggies Little Swimmers on clearance for $1.50 to $2.99 at their Target stores (some aren't marked so you might price check them at your store to see if they are on clearance)! There are coupons out for $1.50/1 Pampers and $1/1 Huggies coupons--making these free or incredibly inexpensive. Stock up for next Summer! (Does anyone know if you could use the Target Pampers diaper coupon in conjunction with this deal?)

Bic Pens are on sale for $0.50 per 10-pack

Buy 2 and use this $1/2 coupon here

Free after coupon! to get them free!

Electrasol Tabs are on sale 2/$5.58

Buy 2 and use 2 $2.25/1 coupon from the 07/13 insert

Stack with $1/2 Target mailer coupon

$0.08 for 40 tabs after coupons!

OTHER DEALS STILL AVAILABLE:

Powerade Zero is $0.79 at some stores

Use the .75/1 coupon from 06/08 insert

$0.04 after coupon (Thanks, Wendy!)

Schick Razors (trial sized) - $0.97

Use the $2/1 coupon from the 5/11 SmartSource insert

Free plus possible overage! (Thanks, Angie!)

Band-Aids - (SpongeBob, Miss Kitty, and a few others only) - $1

Use $1/1 from 05/18 inserts or use $0.75/1 coupon here

Free after coupon (Thanks, Kristin!) or $0.25 after coupon (Thanks, Samantha!)

Clean and Clear (trial sized) - $0.97

Use $2/1 coupon here

Free after coupon (Thanks, Kristin!)

banana Boat Sport SPF 30 (trial size)

Use $1/1 coupon

Free after coupon (Thanks, Tiffany!)

Johnson's Buddies Soap - $0.99

Use $1/1 coupon here

Free after coupon

All Small and Mighty (travel size) - $1.00

Use $1/1 coupon or printable here

Free after coupon

Degree Deodorant (travel size) - $0.99

Use $1/1 coupon

Free after coupon

Tylenol (trial sized) - $1

Use $1/1 coupon here

Shout wipes (travel size) - $0.97

Use $1/1 coupon here

Dove Deodorant (travel size) - $0.99

Use $0.75/1 coupon

$0.24 after coupon

Scotch Fur Fighter hair Remover Kit - $10.99

Use $4/1 Target coupon here

Stack with $4/1 coupon here (Thanks, Heather!)

Find any other great deals at Target this week? Let us know!

My son loves the Johnson's Buddies it smells a bit like Watermelon and is sewn inside a washcloth. They cost 99 cents per bar but there have been tons of $1 off any Buddies product coupons that you can print from the internet allowing me to stock up on over 25 bars of soap so far ALL for FREE!

The first time you look at these sites it can be a bit overwhelming as it is like reading there savings diaries (sometimes they even post pictures of their shopping trips) and you don't know how far back to read. But after the intitial visit or two it's just a matter of reading their newest posts for information relavent to you and your area.

Another good site is Hotcouponworld which is set up just like Lapbandtalk but is for people to discuss the various deals they have found. There are forums dedicated to all kinds of different topics I haven't formally joined and tend to just "lurk" around the Walgreens, CVS & HyVee Threads looking for the deals others have found so I don't have to look through the ads myself. On the CVS & Walgreens threads they often have posts referring to items that can be purchased for so little money that the rebates or store coupons you get back after buying the item are worth MORE than what you paid for the item. And they have employees that are always posting the ads BEFORE they come out in the paper. The problem with this site is too many people talking at once an no simple summary of the overall deals for any one store. On the other hand if you wade through the posts you can find out about the deals faster than at the other two sites sometimes.

I checked those sites out as well. I just really liked the grocery game and its format, it seems much easier to read. And, with the savings I had, the $20.00 every 8 weeks doesn't seem like anything. I went to Walgreen's, original price at checkout was $67.00, going by my list recommendations, I only spent $32.00 out of pocket. Then I went to CVS, original price was $85.00, out of pocket after coupons, discounts, etc., $37.00. Publix, original $127.00, out of pocket, $43.00. Totally worth it to me!

I am actually excited about going shopping next week. Once I get my stockpile built, I really do believe I will cut my now $350.00 biweekly food bill down to about $40.00 A week.

Maybe I should give it a second look.

One other site I frequent on rare occasion is

thecouponclippers.com

It doesn't tell you about any good deals but if you find out about a good sale coming up you can often find coupons for sale on that site. They only charge a few cents per coupon and the cost of a stamp to mail it. I've mainly used it when I find out what the Walgreens (or CVS) free monthly items are then use the coupons to make them "money makers".

For example Pert Shampoo is free after rebate this month at walgreens but there is a $2 mfg coupon out there. Use the coupon to buy it mail in the rebate and still get the full price back, making it a $2 profit. I don't actually use Pert but since they are going to "pay" me to buy it I went ahead and got it and then donated it to the city homeless shelter.

I have not clipped coupons seriously is a long time, but you referred to stocking up--that I DO do! I have people freak out everytime they come through the back of my house and through my storage pantry!

I only buy things that are on sale. The only exceptions of course are the usual, bread, milk, produce things. Otherwise if say chili is on sale, I buy 6 cans, and will not buy it again until it is on sale again. Boxed juice drinks for my grandkids, Snacks for them---I stock the pantry, and when I begin getting low it goes on my list.

I make a shopping list every Wed. I go through the ads, see what is on sale, compared to what I need, and if it is at one of the 2 stores I frequent I buy it from them, if not, I price match it when I am in Walmart. I do not run to 6-7 different stores.

There is only my DH and I, and provide babysitting for my 3 year old granddaughter, but I spend less than $200.00 a month on groceries!!

Kat

I've found an easy way to save some money shopping online and possibly earn some extra income.

BigCrumbs.com gives us cash back when we shop online at places like Best Buy, Target, Gap, Old Navy, Overstock.com, even E-Bay as well as a lot more.

Even better, when we tell people about it and they sign up, we get paid every time they shop!

And it's COMPLETELY FREE!

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=TheGh0st

This is one of those portal sites that if you go to this site first then click on their link to the site you want to buy from they give you a percentage of the purchase back. I've been using sites like this for years, but they were always sites that gave me back frequent flyer miles not money, and it never gave me anything for referring other people.

Now for the begging. If you plan on making even one online purchase this year please, Please, PLEASE. Sign up using the above link so I can get a referral credit. Like most people nowadays every penny counts around my house.

Just a quick note. I just heard about a free Protein sample you can get from the following link. I've signed up for mine but have never used their products before.

7 Natural Laws teaches you how the benefits of whey Protein supplements, and healthy eating can help you lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle

I'll post again after I get it and let you know what I thought of it but I didn't want to wait to post the link as most free-sample offers out there are usually only good for a short time.

I used to do thegrocerygame.com, but I found that I saved the same amount of money just by watching the ads and matching my coupons to the ads. I cancelled the game after two months. I just didn't want to spend the money on something I felt I could do myself. I do use a site called thecouponmom, which is basically the same thing, but free.

Seriously, on Sunday, I sit down with the papers for the various stores, plus my coupons. Each trip I save at least $50. I have cut my food bill from $500 to $350.

Another thing that helps plan meals is relishrelish.com and mealmixer.com. One is just $7 and I use it to coordinate my meals to what's on sale that week.

I just went to thegrocerygame.com and they are offering a 4 week trial for $1! During that time, you can get the weekly list for all of the stores on your list and the $1 covers it. For that cheap, I think I ma going to try it! I have been a coupon clipper for quite some time and I do try to match them up with the ads before I shop to get the best deals, but don't always have the time. With the price of groceries what it is today, I am willing to try anything to catch a break!

I have been doing it for three weeks now and love it. I have two grocery stores and two drug stores. For me, that is easy because they are all within a block of each other. I don't have the time to scan all the ads, etc. I like that they do it for me. For the minimal cost I pay every 8 weeks, it is so worth it. I save that cost in the first store I go to. I went to CVS the other day and original price was $97.32, after all my bogos and coupons, I paid $17.00 out of pocket. That is just one example of the kind of money I am saving doing this. I love it and plan on staying with it.