Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I have a lot on my mind and not a whole lot of time. First I want to get a group of people that I can get to know that have had their surgery about the same time I did July 10th, 2008 so I can share similar things with them. So you wanna be my friend? Also someone that started with a higher weight... like I have seen tons of banders that started at like 220 or smaller and sometimes I feel like we don't have a whole lot in common, not saying they didn't need it just as much as I did, just different struggles I believe. I started at 372lbs 2 weeks Pre-op. Dowm to 350 now. Or maybe mothers with small children that have a hard time when their child leaves that one chicken nugget and you just can't resist and you don't want to be wasteful. I have a 20 month old and A 5 year old. I dont' know really what I want. I can't wait until this coming Wednesday I can attend the support meeting so I can maybe meet others with the same struggles.

I am also stuggling with will power! I have like NO restriction and I had a few set backs with eating too much. My mind was hungry and I was able to eat just fine! I told many that if I had the will power I wouldn't have needed this surgery in the first place. So I am trying my best! And definetly counting my days till my first fill.

I have had port pain and just below the port pain. It is really painful but only like when I am wiping down the counters or doing the dishes. because I guess I am pushing against the counter. Normal? Hope so.

Thanks for listening to my venting and stuff. It just feels good to type it out and get it out there. Even better when others share the same feelings!

The forum has support sections where you can join people that were banded in the same month. YOu might have to look around under the "support section" then 2008 and then July to find it. At least then you can hook up with people that have been banded but also do not have fills yet so you are in the same place with the same struggles.

None of us are good at willpower all the time, if we were we wouldn;t need a band. Once you start getting fills and restriction it will get easier.

Good Luck.

Hi Michele!

My name is Sue and I too was banded in July... July 3rd to be exact! I lost 12 pound pre-op and was 289 the day of surgery. I have not weighed myself since, as I DON'T want to get depressed or sad if I don't see a huge drop in weight, which I know that wont.

I to am struggling with will power and now that I'm almost 5 weeks post op I am back on regular food with no restriction, see like you I have yet to have my first fill. I go on 08/14 and CAN'T WAIT!!! I have been extremely depressed the past two weeks and I feel like I'm in bandster hell. Although I have changed my eating habbits, I still don't feel like the band is working at all right now, and after all... isn't that why I did this?

My Mother and another girl I work with have both commmented on how they can see that I'm starting to loose but I don't see it and I WILL NOT weigh myself until I go for my first fill on 08/14... I know that if I only lost a pound or two over the past 4 weeks I am going to be upset.

My port area is too still a little soar, it's not 100% healed yet and that' is to be expected... My surgeon told me that it takes a full 6 weeks... we'll see!

Please know that you're not alone and I feel the same way you do. I feel hungy and can eat what I want with no restriction, and it sucks. Making the right choices are hard and I can't wait for 08/14 to come!!!

Hang in there and write me as often as you like... everyone can use a little more support, and lord knows I need it too!!!

Best,

Chi Town Susie Girl