Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got the call...tons of questions!!!

I am approved! My insurance approved me in FOUR days. 100%!!! I went in to the dr. last week and they approved the surgery the same Friday. I am having my band on the 7th of August. ONE WEEK AWAY I can't believe this. Is it supposed to happen this fast? I have already started the pre-op diet. I am nervous. I am excited. I am worried about what some may say. Most will tell me I dont need this, but I know I do. My family is supportive. I just can't believe I am having this next week. I have been researching for years! I am a 30 yr old single mom of 3. I am 5'4" and weigh 245 lbs. I am so excited. I have tons of questions. Have any of you flown right after? What about sex? How long did it take after?

Congrats Sweetie!

I am jealous!! LOL I am still waiting for my insurance to let me know if I am a go!.. AHHHH lol I am scheduled to have it AUg 8th.... so crossing my fingers.... Do you mind me asking what insurance you have?? I have Anthem Blue Cross...and the people at the doctors told me they are usually way fast at approving.. I went to the docs on Wed... and Still haven't heard... LOL I just want it sooo bad.. I too, have been doing research forever!.. LOL

Congrats!!

Mine is August 7th as well! Don't worry what others may say. All that matters is that you're doing this for YOU and your health!

I'm not sure about flying, but I know there are people here who have had their surgery done in Mexico and then flew home a few days later.

As for the sex part, my surgeon requests we wait for 3 weeks.

Congrats again!

Thank you! I have United HealthCare. My dr. said they are great, and now I believe it. I am crossing my fingers for you too! We have to all keep in touch if we are going in during the same week, huh? I haven't told my co-workers, I work for a Sports organization and everyone here are athletes or thin. They just think working out is the solution. Its tough because I am bursting at the seams to tell them. We even have a work out chart in the office to track who is working out the most. lol. Anyway, I am happy. My kids are going to be so proud, especially when I can dance and run and play with them again.

I didn't even think about the sex part... hmmm maybe its because I do not get any as of right now.. LMAO... But yeah we should def all keep in touch... I am crossing my fingers... I feel sooo bad because like I am constanly bugging the girl that is taking care of my paper work.. LOL..

Congrats Sweetie!

I am jealous!! LOL I am still waiting for my insurance to let me know if I am a go!.. AHHHH lol I am scheduled to have it AUg 8th.... so crossing my fingers.... Do you mind me asking what insurance you have?? I have Anthem Blue Cross...and the people at the doctors told me they are usually way fast at approving.. I went to the docs on Wed... and Still haven't heard... LOL I just want it sooo bad.. I too, have been doing research forever!.. LOL

I called anthem and found out the dr forgot one form.. Once they got all the ppw was less than 24hrs

So do I just call them and find out whats going on? Or is there a number I have to call?

I just called the member services on my card and asked for authorizations

Congrats!!

Mine is August 7th as well! Don't worry what others may say. All that matters is that you're doing this for YOU and your health!

I'm not sure about flying, but I know there are people here who have had their surgery done in Mexico and then flew home a few days later.

As for the sex part, my surgeon requests we wait for 3 weeks.

Congrats again!

Just checking back in on you. How are you? we were banded the same date and you were really encouraging.

well i have bcbs michigan and all my stuff had to be mailed in they got it july 18 went to review aug 8 and i havent heard anymore i called to find that out ,my lp band dr says they is slow b cbs michian i live louisana have general motors im hoping.each dai i wish that phone would ring