Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poky person heading to I.F.

Hi -

I'm currently in Pocatello, and have decided to have EIRMC in Idaho Falls do my surgery.

I had planned on going to Dr. Avila at Blackfoot, but he left and the new guy is VERY new.

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows anything about the three I.F. surgeons? I am to the point of having to choose one, and don't know any of them: Dr. Eric Baird, Dr. David Chamberlain D.O., and Dr. Brian O'Byrne.

Any opinions?

Doc.chamberlin, is my doctor.and i will be banded on aug5th.he and his staff are super great.call carloynn at new u at eirmc. She will help you on the road of the "new u".i have been soo happy 'cause they go to work to make things happen for you.and they are there for u all the way. Good luck memom

Good luck with your banding - soon!

I finally checked the docs out at the health sciences library, and they all sound great. I told Carolyn I have no preference so she assigned me to Dr. O'Byrne.

My first appointment (banding class, psych eval) is August 13th. I'm finally on my way. I'm nervous and excited, and would love to hear how things work out for you.

Thank you.

Karen, you are going to really like how great everyone is. They will help you all the way. Get us posted on how it goes.i'm on day of liver shrink and doing great.. Good luck

I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday. Hope all goes very well.

I know you're busy and may not have time to answer, but I hope you don't mind my asking a couple of questions anyway. :wink2:

What is the diet the use like? Is it all liquid?

How long has this whole process taken? After you first met with the surgeon were you scheduled fairly soon - a couple of weeks, a month?

Thanks, and good luck.

Hi ladies, just thought I would say hi to some fellow Idaho bandsters. I had Dr. Baird do my band. I was self pay so I went to my first appt with the doc, and two weeks later, I was banded. Good luck to you and if you have any questions or need anything, I would be happy to help you!!!

Hi Deana -

Thank you for the reply. I watched your slide show. Wow, what a difference.

I saw the bike riding pictures. My daughter is turning into quite the bike rider. I'd really like to go with her, but right now I'd feel sorry for the bike! I think I just need to get over that.

Thank you for the information. I'm going to be a self-pay as well, so I'm hoping it goes fairly quickly. My apt. for the band class and psych eval is on Wednesday, and then I go back the next Friday for a meeting with the surgeon.

Do you remember the pre-op diet? I'm curious about what to expect.

Thank you very much.

Karen:smile2:

Karen,

If you are self pay, you will be banded in no time then. Probably close to two weeks after seeing the surgeon, if he has openings.

The pre op diet is very low calorie, low carb type of thing. I did not cheat once, and was not even tempted, but I think it makes a difference when someone is paying out of their pocket or their insurance is paying the bill. You can do it...let me see if I can find the diet and share with you...

I don't have it still I guess, but if I can remember it is a certain number of oz. of lean meat or Protein, veggies and a serving of fruit a day. It is very very low calorie, I am thinking like 900 or something, but not sure. It is very doable though, and you will do fine...

The first time I met with the surgeon, I got my band date two weeks from there and had to start the diet the next day.

Hi Deanna -

Thanks for the info.

I had my psych eval (I passed) and "band class" today. Everyone seems really nice. I go back up next Friday to meet with Dr. O'Byrne.

I would love it if they could do it the week of the 8th of Sept. I have tickets for my daughter & I to go to a concert in SLC Sept. 23d, and hope to be able to keep the date.

Thanks again,

Karen

Hi Karen, I also was in I F on aug. 13 and at the band classes, I had my psych eval that same day and also my doc. appt. I though that I would get my date that day but they said they would call with an appt. how did you know that you pass you psych eval? did they call you? well I don't know much right now.....but maybe be it's faster when you are self pay.....My daughter was with me and she said that she talked with a lady that was self pay and she gave her this web site, was that you? Well good luck on your coming banding...

Morning MaRosie - Yes, that was me who spoke with your daughter.

The psychologist just told me as I was leaving that there wouldn't be any problem from her end.

My appt with the surgeon ended up rescheduled for Monday. Unfortunately, I've come down with a case of laryngitis. I'm sure they won't even think of scheduling me until it is cleared up, so I'll keep trudging away and hopefully it will happen soon.

Good luck to you - hope they get you a date soon.

Karen

Well, it won't be happening as soon as I had hoped, but I do have a date set. I met with Dr. O'Byrne. He seems nice enough. Because of the laryngitis, he wants me to wait a few weeks and then he is gone for a couple of weeks.

I am scheduled for October 9th. At least I have a date set!