Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poky person heading to I.F.

Hi Karen, glad that you got your date, I can't wait to hear how you do. when do you start you liver shrinkage? I still don't have a date yet, but I when I do I will let you know.

Rose

Morning Rose -

No appt with the dietician yet about the pre-op diet. I expect to start it in mid-September - I think you're supposed to be on it for two weeks prior.

Definitely let me know when you get a date set. Hope it's soon.

Morning Rose -

No appt with the dietician yet about the pre-op diet. I expect to start it in mid-September - I think you're supposed to be on it for two weeks prior.

Definitely let me know when you get a date set. Hope it's soon.

My doc should have all the paper work by mid next week, and then i figure by the end of the following week maybe he will send everything into the my Insurance Co.........and although both my Insurance Co's will pay, I have no ideal how long it will take for them to ok all this............So I could be looking at a long time, but again maybe not......All i know is it will be worth it......but I will let you know as I hear anything and you keep me up to date on what is going on with you...Can't wait to hear about the diet...

Rosie:thumbup:

Hi everyone,

Well it is not happening, at least not for awhile......yesterday, i got a call saying that medicare required me to go to 6 months of classes before they would pay for my band.......so that's it, i will have to do that. I should then get banded sometimes in last Jan or Fed, 09......it is a long time off but I won't give up now. i will stay in touch and hope to see all your progress.......

ma:sad:

Rose -

I knew some insurance companies required it. Sorry you're facing a delay.

I go back to IF on Thurs., Sept. 25th to meet the dietician about the pre-op diet.

I'm really crossing my fingers that the laryngitis is gone by then, or I face having to reschedule the surgery.

Keep in touch. Hope the 6 months of classes go well.

Karen

Don't know if you're all still out there, but I went back to IF today and got the pre-op diet information.

9-11 ounces of lean Protein each day

2 servings of fruit

2 servings of vegetables (no corn or peas)

64 ounces of Water

Can have a few "free" foods:

sugar free Jello

sugar free popsicles

bouillion

I hate popsicles, but they and Jello may become my best friends over the next two weeks.

They made me stand on a scale again - I have definitely been experiencing "last meal" syndrome - every meal was "this will be the last time I can eat XXX for a long time..." - and I put on 4 lbs. Ah well.

Rose - Hope your classes are going well.

You are going to just wonderful.The ladies are there to be on your time.All that stuff is ok, and you will lose, let your band become your best good friend. good luck

Thanks memom.

You've been among the banded for coming up on two months now. Wow. Hope everything is going well for you.

Another couple of questions if anyone out there can answer:

What time was your surgery? What time did they discharge you?

I have an appt. the day before surgery with Dr. O'Byrne in the afternoon. I'm trying to decide whether it is worth it to stay the night before in I.F. instead of driving back & forth.

Hi Karen, I don't know if you remember me but I met you at our first New U meeting in I. F.

Did you have your surgery? and if so how did it go? how are you doing now? questions, questions.

Well I got a call from New U in Jan. saying I would have to go do another 6 months.....not likeing that. Went to my first meeting in Feb. Got a call from New U. and my time was waved, don't know why but so happy. Went and seen my doc. and got my date March 31, 09.....then got my diet. I am so happy, excited and nervous.......

I have thought about you often wondering if you got your lapband. I have not been on here in sometime as I didn't really have anything to say and I think alittle down knowing I wasn't getting my date. Now all that has changed.

Hope to hear from you.

Rosie:smile2:

Edited by MaRosie
misspelled words...

Hi Rosie -

I'm glad to hear from you. I was hoping everything was going well for you. How exciting that you've got a date!

I'm doing really well. I lost really well on the pre-op diet and the first 3 months after. I've slowed down considerably since then, but am still losing. I go back up to see them next week, actually, for another saline fill. I've lost 70, and am within 30 of my initial goal. I've gone from a size 26 to a 16, which is pretty darned exciting for me! Now if I could only make it through a visit to I.F. without hitting the mall.

This site has actually helped provide support quite well. There is at least one "thread" out there for people having their surgery in March -

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/calling-all-march-09-bandsters-we-need-name-86511/

Good luck on the pre-op diet - at least it's not all liquid like some doctors require. I'll be thinking about you as you get closer to your Band-day.

Take care, and let me know how things go.

Karen

Dr. Avila did my surgery in June, but I have been following up with Dr. Davis. He is new, but he is excellent. I actually like him more than I liked Dr. Avila. I'm glad that you can get the surgery done in IF, but I just wanted to let you know that if you decided to be seen for follow-up closer to home, then Dr. Davis is a wonderful doctor! Good luck with everything!

Hi Karen,

My date is almost here...I will go to I F Monday, spend the night as i have to check in the hospital that day and then surgery on Tuesday at 12:30.......so excited about all this.

I hope I have been doing well on my diet. I have Dr. Chamberlin, so I think we have the same liver diet. It is really hard for me to get the oz's down, but I really try and keep it light. i usually have a piece or 2 of the deli meat with a piece of low fat cheese rapped inside, rolled up......a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and 2 cups of veg. also a fruit. Some times i will have a egg beatter with some veg. but don't really care for it to much. I went to my doc. and weight in, that was at 5 days and I had lost 8 lbs. I am not sure that is good because I hear that we should lose between 15 and 20 lbs.....I only have 13 days on this diet...I am somewhat worried but we will see how it goes when my 13 days are up.

Well keep me posted. I am so excited about your weight loss. I hope mine is as good and that my health will be better.

Have a wonderful day. Rosie

Edited by MaRosie
misspelled word

Hi Rosie -

I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday. Hope it goes really well for you.

I didn't really have a problem with the pre-op diet - lost 12 lbs. I still eat the same lunch some days as I did when I was on it. The surgery was pretty easy - some pain afterwards mostly from the CO2 gas they use (settled in my back - others say it hurts in the shoulder), and at the site where they put in the port. Otherwise, I was up and walking in a few hours.

Take care of yourself.

Karen