Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, Everyone!!! I have had my lapband for a week, and I have some questions!!!!! Ok, here is the deal... I have tried to drink the Protein but I just can not get it down!!!!!!! I am eating yogurt and drinking the light yogurt smoothies.. If I get around 20 to 25 grams of protein from this will that be enough?? Does anyone have any ideas????? WORRIED!!!!!:teeth_smile:

low fat cottage cheese had a lot of Protein if you like that. You should have 50 grams a day at least. Try mixing sugar free syrups to the Protein Shakes. Also, keep them to 4 oz so you don't have to drink more ounces of something that does not taste good. I like vanilla Unjury in diet rootbeer and strawbery in crystal light lemonade. Good luck.

You should really try to get the amount of Protein your doctor recommended. My doctor recommended 60-80 grams a day. I try to get the upper end of that. The Protein will help you keep your energy up and is important to your healing.

I can't stand the protein shakes either. I used the Protein bullets. Here is a link: New whey liquid Protein 42g - 12 Vials by IDS Sports, supplements.Net

Each "bullet" has 42 g of protein, and I typically use half at once. You can drink it straight or mix it with Water, juice, etc. My favorite is the fruit punch flavored bullet, and I mix it into a glass of fruit punch flavored crystal light. It saved me!

Good luck!

I just got back from the store because I ran out of Protein Powder and the one I ordered hasn't gotten here (long story ugh!). Anyways I can't do milk products and I found at my grocery store Genisoy Soy Protein powder, it is sugar free no carbs and has 25 grams of protein per serving. I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and that is hard to say about a Protein Drink lol! I mix it with Diet V8 Tropical, some fozen berries and 1/2 banana. I tastes just like the smoothies from Orange Julius I swear! My 7 year old daughter ever loved it. Best thing is it is only $13.99 for a canister compared to the $50.00 I was spending. I'm still on liquids so this will make it much better to get through. This can also be sprinkled into foods like Soup and applesauce or whatever and i'll definitley be doing that because there is no taste. If you find this just make sure you get the soy protein powder, not the shake mix (it doesn't have as much protein and lots of sugar). Good Luck.

Wait a minute... if you are only a week out of surgery, you will not be getting all the Protein you can get necessarily.... for a few weeks you will be tighter than you will end up being due to swelling inside. Thin down your Protein drinks with Water or milk, sometimes I had difficulty at first with thicker liquids... when you blend things to eat, make sure you add some chicken broth or vegetable broth to make sure they are thin enough to drink through a straw.... I am not sure what your post op diet consists of, but you need/MUST let your stoma heal after all that it has been through. Drink small little tiny sips as well. I would say unless you add cottage cheese to whatever you are eating (like chili) and then blend well and thin down, don't just do cottage cheese regular with just a week out.... give it another week and then when you do cottage cheese... chew it well and break it down as with everything else... your tightness that you are experiencing now will most likely go away until you get 1-4 fills and find your "sweet spot". Up above someone said to add vanilla something to diet root beer... DO NOT DRINK SODA! Not sure if that is what they meant or the sugar free Syrup or soda... but wanted to warn ya as I am sure you are already aware! Give yourself another week or two and you will be fine!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/302/180

Dr. Kuri - Mexico