Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slow loss and reasons why I am free!

I don't post much but I really needed to post this.

I have never been comfortable talking about my weight or discussing diets. I had enough of that from my dad. I refuse to discuss my weight with anyone at work while they are the diet of the day group (only one is heavy). Anyway I have not shared my band with them at all. My weight loss has been slow but steady, now at 60 lbs in 15 months. Not a record breaker but I am so happy with it because it has given me time to change my eating habits and get use to all the other changes. No one at work has said a word about my loss and I am glad, because I don't want to talk about it with THEM. In fact I have tried to hide it by wearing layers of clothes and the same stuff I had. They don not understand the difference between loosing 15 lbs and 150.

So now as I revieled in a previous post I have been layed off my job, the had me work for two more weeks and today is my last day. But...

My dad always told me out of every bad thing something good comes, and then it dawned on me, I AM FREE!!! I am free to loose more weight without fear of this groups prying eyes! I know this may sound funny but you guys should all know heavy people have a lot of hang up's. And this is mine now I can go to a new place and no one will know what I have lost and I hope that things will be different and I will not be in another "diet club office"

Honestly I can't think of this as a diet, I had to find a way to eat that I could live with for the rest of my life and that I can feel satasfied (not deprived) with, I believe I have done that.

I will have access to the board from my sisters home (instead of only at work, lol) but it will be much less often and I am very sad about that I use this as my support group and even though you don't know much about me I love all you guys.

In closing I wanted to say that the purpose of my post was to say that I think I have purposly been loosing slower because of my co workers attitudes and now I AM FREE! Except for this last lunch we all are going to today to say good-by to me. I don't want to go I hate that sort of thing, and I just got another fill on monday and can eat very little, by no means a normal meal and I am sure they will say something but I have my cover ready, I am going to have Soup and say my stomach is so upset about leaving I can not eat. Good one ea?

I am going in LBT withdrawal... Be back as soon as I can from sis's house.

Love you all, Trish

Trish,

Good for you. A friend of mine who works overseas told me that her organization counsels them as they move between countries that this is a change to 'remake' themselves. It sounds like this is an opportunity to remake yourself. Not just your eating habits but wear clothes that show off you new size (second hand stores and rummage sales are more accessible when you are unemployed), get a new hairdo (I know being unemployed its difficult but there are reasonable places), etc. I think your new found confidence and look will help you get a much better job and be the person you want to be. Good luck on your hourney.

So 60lbs in 15 months is slow? Okay, so it's .25lbs per month, I suppose that's called meandering along down the weightloss path, rather than barrelling through! But it's still great, and a LOSS, not a gian. Good for you!

Be FREEEEE!!!!!! Trish! March forward, don't be riened in any longer! Breathe deeply, prepare for better changes in your life in more ways than just what you do M-F. Jobs can really get you in to ruts. Some ruts are good. I'm glad you are able to see this as an opportunity.

Tell your sis thanks for her 'puter. I thought of you after you were supposed to be gone but didn't post because I didn't think you could read it and reply! Now I know you can, but there's LOTS of activity on this board to post updates as you can and don't let yourself get lost in the shuffle. I'll be anxious to find out what door you walk through next and to see how this new "free to lose weight" attitude helps you.

So as you lose your job, well, Congratulations!!!! :(

Kathy, that's 4 lbs per month, not .25 lbs per month. That's absolutely perfect! Trish, you're doing great and it's wonderful you were able to keep it to yourself for so long. I'm telling you, that's one of the biggest drawbacks to RNY in my opinion--it absolutely can't be hidden and it can't be explained away. And I'm with you, I HATE discussing my weight with anyone.

Congratulations on your freedom!! The next job will be better and you'll be free to be the new you that you're becoming. Do check in as often as you can, we'll be here! :(:D :D

Road Queen, I have recently had my hair done and it is cheep for me, my son is a hairdresser as well as one of my sisters. Yea, I just got it done with my usual blond but with the dark underneath, it really looks good, so young and cool on this old lady. LOL

Kathy I appreicate your reply, and I am very happy to be moving on in many ways it is indead an opportunity to change and while unemployed I have decided to increase my excersize in the am before hitting the job hunt. It's all good.

Alex thanks for noticing the math error I noticed to but I am an accountant. I agree about the rny can not be hidden, not my only reason for not gettin that wls.

PS note to all, just got a call from an interview I did on monday, they offered me the job!!! I worked myself in a little raise, when I told them what I needed!! So moving on up I guess....not my dream job but I know I will be able to make my mortgage payment. Love to all

Wow, a new job AND a raise AND more wieght loss than I managed to give you credit for! What a day!!!!!! Sorry 'bout the math, I divided back-erds, it happens. So that means I'm dividing ME back-erds, right? Cool! I'm losing an average of 2.2, not .43. (that's 16 pounds in 7 weeks) Big difference!

Way Cool Trish!

This is great news! Congrats on the new job, and is it pretty amazing when we open ourselves up to the blessings of the universe.