Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2007 Bandsters still on their journey

thanks for the kind words.. keep up the good work .. you too!!.

August bandster ROCK!!

by the way I am from Newburgh, New York.. travel through on your bike??? let me know. maggie

Maggie,

I am trying to get DH to take more trips on the bike. We have 2 teenage sons so it makes it hard for overnighters. I will definitely let you know if we are up that way!!:w00t:

98 lbs down and anniversary tomorrow. Really silly of me but am dissapointed that I did not make it to 100 down by the one year mark! I know it is just a number. I don't really feel like i want to lose a ton more weight and my PS said that I would lose 5-9 with my lower body lift next month putting me comfortably in healthy weight range. Feels really really odd doesn't it? I need to think about maintaining now!

Best of luck to you guys and keep in touch!

98 lbs down and anniversary tomorrow. Really silly of me but am dissapointed that I did not make it to 100 down by the one year mark! I know it is just a number. I don't really feel like i want to lose a ton more weight and my PS said that I would lose 5-9 with my lower body lift next month putting me comfortably in healthy weight range. Feels really really odd doesn't it? I need to think about maintaining now!

Best of luck to you guys and keep in touch!

Karen,

What a wonderful job you have done with your weight loss!! You encourage us to continue to achieve those great results also. :tt2:

I have been a lurker lately, keeping an eye on everyone and their progress. Everyone is doing so well and I am jealous of those who have gone for plastic surgery already. I am really looking forward to the day when I can start looking into it for myself which I plan on doing after I lose about 35 more lbs. I havent been losing very quickly the last few months but I have still been happy because I am still losing. I went in for a fill just over a week ago (no more free fills after this month), boy did I forget what it was like to be really tight. No wonder my weight loss slowed down. Yesterday was my band anniversary, 110 lbs in a year who would have thunk it? Too all my fellow crazy ates.... Keep up the good work!!

I have been a lurker lately, keeping an eye on everyone and their progress. Everyone is doing so well and I am jealous of those who have gone for plastic surgery already. I am really looking forward to the day when I can start looking into it for myself which I plan on doing after I lose about 35 more lbs. I havent been losing very quickly the last few months but I have still been happy because I am still losing. I went in for a fill just over a week ago (no more free fills after this month), boy did I forget what it was like to be really tight. No wonder my weight loss slowed down. Yesterday was my band anniversary, 110 lbs in a year who would have thunk it? Too all my fellow crazy ates.... Keep up the good work!!

Happy Bandiversary PammyCakes!!

:)

Thank You Jody!

Yes and what a day it was! To think....last year at this time, I was quite a different person. Hard to believe. Thanks for being such a wonderful blog visitor and for all of your wishes! When's your bandiversary???

We gotta have a party!

Judi

Thank You Jody!

Yes and what a day it was! To think....last year at this time, I was quite a different person. Hard to believe. Thanks for being such a wonderful blog visitor and for all of your wishes! When's your bandiversary???

We gotta have a party!

Judi

Thanks Judi. My bandiversary is August 27th. I am having a party on August 23rd and it should prove quite interesting!!

Hello to all my fellow Crazy Ates! I've been on vacation for several weeks so I missed getting to post on my August 2nd Bandiversary.

Last year as my band surgery approached I was full of fear and hope. I was afraid that this too might not work for me but hopeful that it would work and really could change my life. Well I am happy to report that it did work and my life has changed dramatically.

I have lost the weight and I've had some plastic surgery to correct the damage from years of obesity and yo-yo dieting. I feel better mentally and physically than I have in years. The next year is going to be all about maintaining my weight loss, continuing to get stronger and more fit, and learning to love and accept myself as I am.

I sincerely thank all of you who have so generously shared the ups and downs of your journey. I've benefited so much from the support and encouragement that I've found on LBT. I hope we will continue to support each other in the coming year.

For those of you who haven't seen my transformation, look what a difference a year can make.

post-220472-13813137451371_thumb.jpg

Hi Becky -

Glad you had such a good vacation!! We missed you. Thanks for all the great support from you too!! You look fantastic and that keep us all going to get to goal!:D

Wow Becky! Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! Your smile says it all!

Year 2....we are all in this together!

Hope you had a great vacation!!!

Hi fellow crazy ates!

It is so good to see and hear how great everyone is doing! I agree this is where we need to support each other and encourage each other the most. I did not reach my 75 lb 1 year goal but I'm pretty close at 70lbs. I can't complain either because I'm still losing! I love the new me. I have been so much more active and just really living life! I went deep sea fishing this week for the first time. I got on a roller coaster for the first time in many years. I am 1 chapter into my dissertation. My husband and I are taking a cruise (without kids) at the end of the month. I wore sun dresses and strappy sandals this summer!

Life is so much better and I know it will get better still as I take off another 30 lbs over the next 6 months.

My bandiversary is 8/30. I'm so glad I made the decision to have this surgery!

Again, congrats all! I'll be checking in with you again soon!

Valerie

Hi All,

Sorry I've been AWOL from our Crazy Ates group lately, but I've been living over in "plastics land," so much so, that my Bandiversary completely passed me by last Thursday, without even a thought :crying:.

Congratulations to everyone for a great year and let's do try to keep our wonderful group together in the coming year!!!

I just want to thank you wonderful Band Mates, you have been a tremendous source of support and inspiration and I couldn't have gotten this far without you.

Hey Judi, with you being our best and brightest writer as well as the founder of our Crazy Ates group, I was wondering if you think it might be a good idea to start a Bandiversary Celebration Thread. I know it's already a bit late in the month, but what do think?

Also, I'm still thinking about a Crazy Ates get together and Vegas was one idea that was tossed out, but I have another. How about Miami? I'm telling you that South Beach scene is a tremendous amount of fun both day and night!!!! I'm also thinking that Miami is a lot easier and closer for many to get to (especially the East Coasters). I will be in Vegas in November, so that is definitely still an option for me.

Heck, maybe we can have two choices, either Miami in October or Vegas in November!!!!

Happy anniversary Frangi! This group really has been so inspirational and supportive! Reading all of your posts and seeing your success inspite of struggles and set backs has kept me motivated even when I wasn't checking in! I hope we all stay connected in the coming year (s).

Val