Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2007 Bandsters still on their journey

Hi everyone!!

Looking back on older posts there are some of us August Crazy Ates that are still in the middle of our weight loss journey. Where are you? I miss our year/month group!! Look at those we have to lean on - TexasBecky, Frangipani, Salsa, JudiM, Candle and many others who are there to see us through to the end.

Come on everyone! Talk it up. Lord knows I need it!

Here's to hoping you all will come back to the August 2007 thread!!:thumbup:

I typically am just a reader, but I thought I would pop-in when I saw your note. I was just here checking in on everyone... How's everyone doing as we are approaching our one year band-aversary? I can't believe it's been a year...

As for me, I just got a fill last week and am definitely feeling restricted. I sorta forgot that feeling, so I'm readjusting again. I've lost 70 lbs so far, and went from a size 22 to a size 10 (almost 8). I'm working out, my body looks completely different, and I just keep on going.

How about you? Do you think about food differently now? Is your whole life different?

Well,

you got me to reply also.. I seem to be still trugging along also. Down 50 lbs. Still want to lose some more but I am so excited about my journey so far. I would never be at this weight without the band... I would do it all over in a second...

thanx to all the august 07 peeps,

maggie

I feel wonderful without the weight. The best NSV is that my knees no longer hurt. Losing sizes and getting compliments are great too but the physical limitations are less now!!

I am going to continue on to get to goal. It is just taking me a bit longer!!

Hey guys!

I'm still around - just a little less lately. I've had some back problems recently and have had little "goof off" time in front of the PC. It really bothers me to be sitting for extended periods of time. Getting thru a full work day has been really rough. I had a few pretty major spinal surgeries for scoliosis about 20 years ago, when I was in jr high. My doctor said yesterday another surgery “might” be in my future. I'm starting physical therapy next week *fingers crossed*

I'm still on my journey as well. Striving to lose another 10-20lbs. My sister and my boyfriend told me over the weekend that they think I've lost enough weight. I guess I'm into that phase now where people start giving their "opinions" on MY weight loss.

Spending so much time laying down and not being able to exercise has really reminded me how far I've come. I used to be so lazy - now, I'm bored to tears! The desire to eat when I'm bored certainly hasn't changed though - lol! I’ve been fighting the comfort food/head hunger demons.

Hi Candle,

I hope it all works out! Glad to hear from you. Keep us updated.

Candle I feel your pain...well not literally. I hate being down for so long. Fortunately my doc has said that I can start running on Aug 7. I am looking forward to that day as much as I looked forward to my surgery day.

Everyone is doing fantastic. It is not how fast you lose the weight but how much you embrace your new life. Each one of those pounds that you have lost has added to your life. Keep up the fantastic work!

I am officially now OVERWEIGHT... I am NOT OBESE anymore... Yeah baby...

It has been years since I could say that...

Just wanted to brag a little bit...

maggie:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Salsa is my Hero

wow Karri I didnt realize that you were part of our Aug 07 bandsters. I have been watching your fantastic journey and you have truly been an inpiration.

I am running my first 5k on Aug 09 and seeing your photofinish of your half marathon is truly inspirational. I have my sights set on February for my first Half Marathon, then I am doing a 30k in March.

I am getting my TT in a couple of weeks, and seeing your pics has somewhat prepared me for what to expect.

My biggest fear about the TT is the fact that I will be unfilled AND unable to exercise. Double Whammy!

Keep posting, keep leading......lots of us are trying to follow in your footsteps !!

Thank you for the kind words. I wrote this once but apparently it got lost somewhere in cyberspace.

The worst part of the TT was not being able to exercise. The first week or so I wasn't hungry at all...then watch out. I felt like I could eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. My PS has me on low carbs because for me carbs=swelling. That is how I have managed to keep my weight down. Low carb always worked for me. My PS said to expect a 4-5 pound weight gain because of the lack of exercise. Of course for me that was completely unacceptable so I pushed myself on walking and dieting to not gain the weight back. So far I am fluctuating between 140 and 150. Yes that is BIG swings. When I eat low carb I am around 140...when I don't...well you get the picture.

I figure I will be able to go back to more carbs when I start running. I don't eat processed carbs just my Kashi go Lean, WASA crackers, whole wheat bread, and yes...my downfall...popcorn!

Congrats on the running. You will be running your 5k on my bandiversary. I am not sure how I am going to Celebrate but it won't be with food! I will be visiting my family in WA without my wonderful DH who has been stuck to me like glue since my surgery. SO perhaps I will sneak out and run a 5K to celebrate! Shhhh...don't tell but I ran 1 mile this morning and it felt FABULOUS. Uggghhh...I missed running soooooooooo much.

maggie:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations Maggie!! Job well done! Dancing Bananas just for you!

:):Banane32::Banane21::):Banane32::Banane21::bananapowerslide::Banane32::Banane21:

maggie:thumbup::):thumbup:

I just realized that we were banded on the same day too!

thanks for the kind words.. keep up the good work .. you too!!.

August bandster ROCK!!

by the way I am from Newburgh, New York.. travel through on your bike??? let me know. maggie

Hi Crazy Ate Band Mates! (sounds like a singing group!)

The other day on my blog someone congratulated me on reaching my bandiversary and mentioned that the hardest part is yet to come. It got me to wondering why. And, I thought that maybe one of the reasons is because THIS is the time when a lot of the initial support goes away. Our surgery and our weight loss and our new life style is getting to be not so new anymore. And, we've lost weight so we are feeling better, looking better, etc. People in our lives are used to us being thinner now. Now, the only time we get a huge "OMG" is when we see someone we haven't seen for awhile. And, of course, we are not "all Lapband-all the time" like we were in the early phases. We're not out there hunting down information or seeking ideas or trying to figure things out like we did in the beginning. Now, we are the "seasoned" folks. Maybe that's why the hard part is now. This might be when we need each other most!! Another kind of support....not all the stuff we needed in the early days. This is the time when we need to really motivate each other and support each other and Celebrate each other in "more mature" ways.....:wink_smile:

I'll admit, sometimes I feel myself getting complacent and a little lax with things. Often times, my blog and my blog readers is what has saved me. And, this group alone has got me through this year more than anyone knows! I'm so thankful for everyone here. SO THANKFUL!!!

Gosh, when I think back to our first days....I find myself getting a little teary. Can you believe it's AUGUST 2008? Remember when I came here and asked for people to join me on this journey? Well, you answered me! And we became the CRAZY ATES!!! Oh yeah, we've come a loooong way baby.....

Stay put Crazy Ates....we've got much work to do!!!! The party is just beginning.......

My sentiments exactly Judi!! For some of us we are only half way there and still need A LOT of support. I hope everyone starts talking it up. I for one need all the support I can get. I am hoping the 2nd year will be even more successful for me!!:wink_smile::biggrin::thumbup: