Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost July Butterfllies??

Wow! Everyone is doing sooo good!!!! I haven't posted much since getting my band, but I just have to say I LOVE my band and it is the best thing I have ever done.

Since my Surgery July 18th..I try to eat about 1200 calories a day, have 4cc's in a 10CC band and am down 36lbs total -- which to me is a 1/4 of the way there!

Everyone is doing really good. It's motivational for me to keep checking back here. I must say thedailyplate.com has really helped me keep my diet in check. And keeping the pedometer in my pocket and going for at least 10,000 steps a day. I'm so close to onderland. I can't wait!:thumbup:

My weight loss is agonizingly slow.... After the initial drop in the first 2 weeks, I've average 3-4 lbs per month. On a bright note, when it does go down, even by 1/2 a pound, I always feel like doing a happy dance. At least I am going down and not up. I was definitely on an upward trajectory when I got banded.

Everyone is doing really good. It's motivational for me to keep checking back here. I must say thedailyplate.com has really helped me keep my diet in check. And keeping the pedometer in my pocket and going for at least 10,000 steps a day. I'm so close to onderland. I can't wait!:thumbup:
Your doing fantastic, great numbers :)

I posted this on the July Butterflies Master Thread and wanted to post here too in case some of you are coming here but not stopping by at our other general thread.

"... I see some of the other threads of bandees and THEY are so WAY better than us at posting and keeping it together. How about we all make a commitment to post something at least once a day? Even if it's posting just to post, post something!

Example: Good morning. I feel good today because...

or I feel bad today because.. or I feel blah today because.... or I have absolutely nothing to say so I thought I'd just say HI!

C'mon folks, let's get our thread going and keep in touch so that we can support each other through this journey."

Also, remember there is a live chat at 9 Eastern/8 Central tonight in the Chat Room entitled July Butterflies. Come drop in if you can.

I posted this on "Slow Losers Unite!" and in "July Butterflies Master Thread" and wanted to share it here as well for those who may also be "slow losers":

Hello, my name is Donna and I'm a slow loser... I've been banded for 3 1/2 months and have only managed to lose 20 lbs. 13 of those 20 lbs was in the first 2 weeks post op. That means I'm averaging 1/2 a lb a week (discounting the first 2 weeks). My weight loss has been playing with the same 2-3 lbs for a couple of weeks before dropping them for good and then 2-3 lb cycle again. I was exercising until my knee flared up with an injury while doing the couch to 5 k challenge. The doctor told me to rest it for a week or 2 until the pain went away and then resume exercises but no jogging. Well, that was 2 months ago and as predicted by the doctor, the pain did leave in 2 weeks of resting but I haven't resumed exercising. My TOM should be starting any day now so I'm committing to start exercising again once TOM departs.

Donna, I saw on another thread that theres a 5 day pouch test, and they say it can jump start your weight loss. I'm gonna start it tomarrow and I'll keep ya'll posted. It went something like this: 2 days liquid protein(protein drinks and 6 8 ounce glasses of water)1 day of soft protein(eggs, tuna, ect. and six 8 oz glasses of water) and 2 days firm protein(skinless chicken, pork, steak, ect. and don't forget the six 8 oz glasses of water) you can have as much as you like but just remember to stop when your full. any how I'll let you know if it works, Unless you would like to do it with me and we can track our progress on this thread? let me know. it's only 5 days, not so hard and what do we have to lose? oh I know: weight!

Here's the link, Hope this works. I'm not good at this stuff. Just try clcking on it and see what happens. Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

So I finally am down 25lbs this week!! YAY!! It is taking longer than I expected, because I can't afford to get fills every 2 weeks or so. But I have one scheduled for the 13th so hopefully it will push me even farther. I am working really hard. This is the best thing I have EVER done for my body!!!

Donna. . .Unless you would like to do it with me and we can track our progress on this thread? let me know. it's only 5 days, not so hard and what do we have to lose? oh I know: weight!

I have been planning on doing this but wanted to wait until after TOM left because it's too difficult to be on any kind of diet while my TOM is visiting.

So I finally am down 25lbs this week!! YAY!! It is taking longer than I expected, because I can't afford to get fills every 2 weeks or so. But I have one scheduled for the 13th so hopefully it will push me even farther. I am working really hard. This is the best thing I have EVER done for my body!!!
That's great! every milestone we hit deserves a hugh pat on the back, I feel the same way. It's the best thing I ever did for myself.

Donna, understandable I still have to fight that sweet craving every month. Any other time it doesn't bother me because I've never really been a sweet eater, but that time of the month I really want some.

Thanks Kimaly, I too have been at a crawl for the past month. I am going to try the pouch test for the next few days and see how things go. I was banded July 31, 08 and have lost a total of 30 lbs pre and post OP. I know I could have lost more but keep getting side tracked by weddings and social functions and need to learn to practice more self control. Also I have not posted for over a month and really am thinking that probably I should get on the site and interact more. We all need encouragement from our fellow bandsters. Let me know how you did on your pouch test please.:rolleyes2: