Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost July Butterfllies??

I am only down about 11 pounds (July22 bander) but I am only eating about 1200 calories a day. I just figure that my body needs time to adjust. I was always slow! I am eating way less than before so it will have to show up sometime.

I had my surgery on July 3rd and within 3 weeks I lost 20 lbs, but unfortunately since then I have only lost 2.5 lbs. I know the early weight loss was unusual but I wish I hadn't messed up by drinking with my meals and slowing down my weight loss. I had my first fill Aug 15th but it still not that tight. I know we need to do our part in the process but I wish the band was tighter to force me to eat just 1/4 cup of food at a time. I still have hope though. I guess that's what matters.

I had my surgery on July 3rd and within 3 weeks I lost 20 lbs, but unfortunately since then I have only lost 2.5 lbs. I know the early weight loss was unusual but I wish I hadn't messed up by drinking with my meals and slowing down my weight loss. I had my first fill Aug 15th but it still not that tight. I know we need to do our part in the process but I wish the band was tighter to force me to eat just 1/4 cup of food at a time. I still have hope though. I guess that's what matters.

I'm in the same boat as you. Plus my TOM seems to rack up the pounds, even when I'm careful. Hoping my next fill will give me a little more control.

Got my second fill today. It was by the nurse. She took out 3 and put in 4. We did the Water test and she decided to take out .5 so I now have 3.5 in 8 cc band. I just ate one of those instant oatmeals for lunch and felt no restriction and feel hungry so I’m thinking this probably didn’t do it. I have an out of town business trip for the week of 9/15 and if I don’t feel any more restriction, I’m going to schedule my 3rd fill for when I come back. My appetite and ability to eat is at pre-band levels so I’m going to be very aggressive with my fills.

Well I'll chime in here...in a little under 10 weeks, I've lost around 30 pounds. I'm so excited!! I'm feeling more comfortable in my body, and more confident. I can't wait to get to Onederland!!!

Everyone a big Hoooray!!! I was banded on 7/22/08, wasn't required to do pre-op diet. I am down 24lbs total.

I have an appt. 9/11 for post op, I don't know it I will get a fill or not. I hope so. I am feeling a little more appetite than usual, these past few days.

I wish everyone much success, in our journey.

Debe

I have only lost 27 pounds. I cant wait to get that 2nd fill.

Have lost 22 lbs. Have had one fill, just last week. Thank goodness my doctor is very aggressive. He put in 5.5cc in a 10cc band.

I have only lost 27 pounds. I cant wait to get that 2nd fill.
Only, that's really good. I'm down 35lbs but that's including 13lbs from 2 wk pre-op :tt1:

I have lost a lousy 21 lbs. since being banded July 15. I have zero restriction--never had any from day one. I work very hard at making good food choices and trying to eat healthy. I am working just to keep off the 21 lbs. I had one fill three weeks ago and can have another in a week. My doctor is not very aggressive, and I am so frustrated. I waited for a year to get the band, and now it seems I will have to wait a year for it to work.

PENTURN- I would talk to my Dr if I was feeling the frustration you are. That is what he is there for and there is no reason why you should be feeling this way. That said, you are doing better than if you didn't have the band and things will get better!

I was banded 7/7/08 and got my third fill yesterday. I think I am at my sweet spot. I have not been hungry today with just liquids. JULY BUTTERFLIES lets all congradulate ourselves!

Edited by Barb12590

Go for my first fill 9-22, can't wait. I'm 7 weeks post op, down 22 ilbs:thumbup:I am exercising like crazy, 1 hr a day 5 days a week. I see a trainer 2 days a week

I have lost a lousy 21 lbs. since being banded July 15. I have zero restriction--never had any from day one. I work very hard at making good food choices and trying to eat healthy. I am working just to keep off the 21 lbs. I had one fill three weeks ago and can have another in a week. My doctor is not very aggressive, and I am so frustrated. I waited for a year to get the band, and now it seems I will have to wait a year for it to work.

Well dear, you are farther than me, and I have had 2 pretty aggressive fills. I know it's hard but keep your chin up! That is still about 10lbs a month, which is in the ideal category! Good luck with your fill next week!!:)