Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone! Hope all is well! I am a soon to be banded patient and very excited!! My surgery is scheduled for July 29th and I can't wait! I'm right in the middle of the pre op diet and all I can say is...blah! It's not as hard as I thought it would be but it is crazy to think of everything you have to review just to eat!! But I guess it comes with the territory and with the new lifestyle. I'm new to this site and looking for support. I love reading some of the blogs and finding out that other people are going through the same thing I am!

Quick question...did anyone ever get super super scared right before the surgery? If so, did any crazy thoughts go through your head like possibly not surviving the surgery? :unsure:

Hey Everyone! Hope all is well! I am a soon to be banded patient and very excited!! My surgery is scheduled for July 29th and I can't wait! I'm right in the middle of the pre op diet and all I can say is...blah! It's not as hard as I thought it would be but it is crazy to think of everything you have to review just to eat!! But I guess it comes with the territory and with the new lifestyle. I'm new to this site and looking for support. I love reading some of the blogs and finding out that other people are going through the same thing I am!

Quick question...did anyone ever get super super scared right before the surgery? If so, did any crazy thoughts go through your head like possibly not surviving the surgery? :unsure:

Hello and welcome................I am in the same position as you are right know. My surgery is Aug. 5 and I am sooo scared. But I look at it like this.........people get this surgery everyday so my plans is to say a prayer and leave the rest up to God! God is awesome and he won't let anything happen to us that is not in his will so channel that energy into to thinking about something positive........Like how fantastic your gonna look........Keep me posted on your process!! My Pre-Op diet is 5 slim fast shakes and a small Protein and Veggies at night.........is yours the same??

Congratulations on your surgery date. Its normal to be scared and thinking about all the possible outcomes. Try to focus on the positives and get excited about how you're about to change your life. You'll be so happy a few months from now when the pounds are coming off. Good luck!

Thank you ladies for the words of encouragement! I will definetly try to stay positive as I do know it is truly a blessing that I even got approved. I was on a war path for about 7 months and never thought I would get approved. Thank God for my advocate, Gail, who kept me thinking positive the whole time! Guess that's what I need sometimes...words of encouragement and support! Thanks again!

Poohprecious-No, Im not on the slim fast pre op diet...I am on a low carb, high Protein diet...kinda like Atkins. Since Atkins was one of my past failures, I am finding it a little challenging. PLUS I stopped smoking last week too. Once I got approved, I promised my family and myself that I would stop. No need trying to save my life one way just to kill myself in another way.

....one more question, wayy off topic. How do you get the pretty pictures and tickers on your blog/message lines? I can't figure it out! ;-)

Hi Nikole!! Congrats on the upcoming surgery! I absolutely had more fear about "going under" than I did with anything else...will I make it through? What if I die? What if they do not give me enough anesthesia!! But, a prayer and LOTS of support from this forum really helped me through it - fell right off to sleep and woke up 45 minutes later with a new lease on life!

As far as the signatures and other pictures - you can go into the edit portion of the site - initially click on the right "Edit Profile" and the on your left will be your options. To upload an image - I had to make sure my picture of choice was saved under a JPG file (what ever that means!!). Play around with it - the cool thing is you can test it before you save it. Let me know if you don't have any luck with it!!

Julie

Hi Julescincy 75-Thanks so much for the advice! I finally figured it out..haha..Pretty cool how the tickers work! Thanks so much for your advice on how you feel! I def. feel better and will continue to gather my support here. This is a great forum! Take care!

Hey Nikole - It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Pre-op diet has been great so far...though I've missed wine! I'm scheduled for Friday, July 25 and I'm a bit nervous as well. But, then I just think about all of the other people out there who have done it and surely I must be less afraid and tougher than at least some of them! I think it's good to think ahead as well and think about your new 'life' and plan some cool milestone event that you might not have done pre-lap band...like running a 5k in a few months or buying some hideously expensive designer jeans eventually! Whatever gets you going. Best of luck and feel free to reach of out if needs be.

Hello, also from Texas!! (Or should we say HOWDY? Maybe not!)

Also on preop diet of 5 Optifast shakes per day (Dr. David Kim, Ft Worth). Anyway, yes every goofy thought has crossed my mind. We're going to feel so silly when this is over. My biggest fear is nausea following the surgery. First thing I usually do is open my eyes and throw up when I wake up from surgeries of the past. They said I would get a patch or something for that. Hmmmm. So, I guess we all feel anxiety about one thing or another. OH! My surgery is on the 28th of this month. Hang in there and so will I

Thank you KDJess & Kathryn-Yes, I look forward to the long term goals. My biggest one is to be able to participate in an adult team..like slow pitch softball! I love that sport and this year was the first year my daughter played. I loved it! I want to be able to either play or coach softball without being looked at like..."What is she doing? She is too big.." ...ya know? It will happen for us all...I just have to remind myself to be patient and have faith...the rest is out of my hands!

KDJess-Good Luck with your surgery Friday!! I wish you luck! Be sure to post how you feel afterwards..I will look for your update!

KathrynH-Good Luck with your surgery too!! Yours is the day before mine...please keep me updated too!

Hello , I too am being banded on july 29th! Scared n nervous as everyone else! Started my preop shakes today also... No special diet just need to drink the advanced impact recovery shakes 2 a day to boost the imune system to keep infections at a bay. They are not that tasty at all! I try to down it pretty quick while I still can atleast! Kinda worried, I need to talk with the surgeion though to see if I need an antibiotic because I have a bad boil under the inside of my breast, its starting to hurt bad. I just hope they dont push my surgery date back farther just because of a damn boil.....lol....that would really bite, specially since I want to get this thing over with already!:biggrin: Any how, I could use some words of encouragement right now, I have been pretty depressed all day. Because of the surgery and other things in my life. Hope I am doing the right thing ya know. So hey.....Good luck to you all with your up coming surgeries!!! Lets keep our heads up and our spirits lit! :smile: :scared2: